• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/15 GDT Turdinals @ Tron

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what one day can do for your outlook.

Yesterday, the Cards pitching was spot on, and the Giants looked like little-leaguers (until they didn't, of course). Tonight, the Giants aggressive strategy paid off, and the team looked like a team that belonged in the NLCS and potentially the World Series.

One 1-2-3 inning in the entire game for the good guys. That's impressive. Yet, if you only listen to the analysts, you would think that the Giants were no-hit until Adams made a couple questionable plays.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home Sweet Home as Giants WIN Game 4....6-4 vs. Cards

You can not let a San Francisco crowd into a game or it becomes a Rock N' Roll show and it gets loud as a 747 flying directly overhead. I guess the boat is overflowing again in McCovey Cove as SF is nutz again for playoff baseball in October and what happens in October....the Giants OWN October.

Full of confidence and being loose is a key in sports and the Giants have both going for them 100%. The team is together and tonight they found a way...their way to get it done once again. Giants were down early 4-1 as Vogelsong battled but also struggled some. The bats came roaring back in the bottom of the 3rd when Posey and Pence who were huge in this game came through with singles to score runs.

It was 4-3 as the player of the game pitching wise had to be Petit who pitched 3 shutout innings striking out 4 batters. He shut down the Cards and relaxed the Giants hitters who put the team ahead 6-4 in the 6th inning as the Giants never looked back. Blanco , Panik , and Posey all drove in runs for that big 6th and from then on out it was the Bulls in the Pen once again who closed out the win. Affeldt , Lopez, Romo , and Casilla who has been solid in the closer's role looked real confident out there on the hill and all deserve a tip of the cap for the jobs they have done all year.

Blanco scored 2 big runs and Pence had 2 hits and a RBI. It was Posey who was the offensive player of the game as the new face of MLB does quietly and classy each year without tooting his own horn. All Buster does is Win and that is the name of the game. A great win at Home Sweet Home as the fans deserve big props for getting the players juices flowing as the Giants are 1 win away from the World Series that will start in KC next week. First things first as it's still one game at a time and the Cards are fighters and will not lay down. Bumgarner gets the call Thursday night and it will be Rock N' hard in the yard.

Nothin' but a good time tonight as Giants fans floated home on the October Playoff boat.

Go Giants !!:yes:

:suds::clap::boxing::rockon::grouphug::hope:

on youtube..

Motley Crew - Home Sweet Home - Official Video HD

posted by Motley Crew Brazil

on youtube..

Poison - Nothin' But A Good Time

posted by emimusic

Rock On SF....Rock On !!

Last edited by a moderator:

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup for tonite same as before.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just something about this team in the playoffs that's special. I hope they can close it out tonight for some much needed rest but it wont be easy. Everyone is on the Royals bandwagon so we'd be underdogs again but that's okay. KC has a great run so far.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BrooklynMilk_Preview_960.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just something about this team in the playoffs that's special. I hope they can close it out tonight for some much needed rest but it wont be easy. Everyone is on the Royals bandwagon so we'd be underdogs again but that's okay. KC has a great run so far.

I/we prefer being the underdogs I think.

But KC scares me more than Texas did in 2010, or Detroit in 2012. Because those teams were about power/offense, which as we see time and again tends to fall flat in the playoffs (i.e. this year's Orioles, Angels...). KC has the stuff championships are made of: defense, lockdown bullpen, speed. Our WS teams always had good defense and bullpens too...

That said it's still the SSS crapshoot. KC hasn't lost a game? Playoff weirdness says they lose at least 2 in the WS. Verlander was unbeatable in 2012, until the Panda said hi.

Disclaimer to the baseball gods: I AM NOT ASSUMING THE GIANTS ADVANCE!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good with flying under the radar. We do it all season because 80% of our games are on past most ESPN zombie's bedtime. The less people see of us the less prepared they are for the torture.

And that is fine by me.....

Go Giants!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join us for the damn GDT ya donkey!

I'd like him to join in too, but you guys see what he's doing...he disappeared and they started going on their run. He doesn't want to jinx them. He's giving thumbs up and starting threads, he's 'here'.

I respect the choice.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like him to join in too, but you guys see what he's doing...he disappeared and they started going on their run. He doesn't want to jinx them. He's giving thumbs up and starting threads, he's 'here'.

I respect the choice.

I've said it before: I don't think anything I or you or tzill does has any bearing on what happens on the field.

But hey, if tzill or anyone else wishes to stay away for any reason, that's fine. I just find the whole jinx thing really silly.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before: I don't think anything I or you or tzill does has any bearing on what happens on the field.

But hey, if tzill or anyone else wishes to stay away for any reason, that's fine. I just find the whole jinx thing really silly.

It's only silly if it don't work.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mr Jinx saying he doesn't believe in the jinx. Have the last 10 years taught you nothing?