• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10/12 Peavy @ Lynn

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the key. But their bats are doing it themselves. Our bats are doing jack shit. We are getting the bases jacked, but the only time we can score is when the other team fucks up.

Yeah, well, we're due.:omg:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh? Don't matter, if there was anyone I expect to hit at everything, it's Panda

Pablo makes his money by being an aggressive hitter. Most guys in that situation would be patient. But the pitcher's rep is good control. Pablo was salivating at the chance to put good wood on the ball, and the chances of him grooving one was decently high.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the key. But their bats are doing it themselves. Our bats are doing jack shit. We are getting the bases jacked, but the only time we can score is when the other team fucks up.

Well it was enough to get us through the other postseason :pound:

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo makes his money by being an aggressive hitter. Most guys in that situation would be patient. But the pitcher's rep is good control. Pablo was salivating at the chance to put good wood on the ball, and the chances of him grooving one was decently high.

which is fine but not when bases are loaded and its tied. Pitcher didn't look like he had good control in the first 2 pitches alone and he was ahead in the count. Take it

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, we're due.:omg:

Dang he's right though, where the hell is Posey, Panda and Pence?? None of them have yet to give us a HR in the postseason right?

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss.

But we did what we needed to do. We got a game in their yard.

Come home, play good ball, and I like our chances.

Go Giants!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose Game 2 of NLCS 5-4 in St. Louis

I have good news and bad news. Lets start with the good news. Giants come back to San Francisco tied 1-1 in the NLCS. They still own HF Advantage starting Tuesday and there will be three games played in S.F. The bad news is they lost 5-4 tonight in a great game where both teams wanted it bad but the Cards had the knockout punch HR by Wong in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Giants battled all night and gave all the fans in St. Louis a big scare in the top of the 9th when a wild pitch got by the Cards catcher as Duffy who was pinch running scored all the way from 2nd base moving on a 3-2 pitch to a patient Panik who had the AB of the night for the Giants.

Tough night for Romo giving up the game winner but he will bounce back at home. It was a good game but the Giants came up a little short.

It's a tough flight home but they have to realize that they own Home Field now and the Giants fans will be ready to Rock starting Tuesday for three straight. Nothing is easy in the playoffs and we got ourselves a barn burner ready to heat up a little more starting Tuesday under the sun.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss.

But we did what we needed to do. We got a game in their yard.

Come home, play good ball, and I like our chances.

Go Giants!

I definitely like our situation. We have HFA.

But that was a tough loss. Our offense is pitiful. We need to gripe for a day.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss. Almost pulled it out. I like Hunter Strickland and think he could have a great future, but he can't put belt high fastballs right over the plate. If he is ever going to be a good closer, he needs to develop another pitch that he can mow guys down with.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with a little bit of grumbling. Lord knows I was when Sandoval failed to deliver the knockout punch in the 9th. For the record, I would have LOVED to see him take on 2-0.....but, you live by the Panda, you die by the Panda. Gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to him.

I would also like to see Bochy stop using Hunter Strickland against left handed power hitters. I know that sounds like some Captain Obvious type commentary, but I just don't get why he has changed up his game plan. Strickland is gonna be a stud. I just would rather he earn his stripes in Sandy Eggo in May, instead of during the Playoffs.

Tough to 2nd guess Bochy though. Just gonna tip my cap to the Cards.

Go Giants!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and yes.....we need the middle of the order to bring the lumber.

Lackey is a tough customer, but we owe him one. Hopefully, we get to him on Tuesday.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game...felt like Bochy maybe made some bullpen 'errors' but guys gotta do their jobs...

Evenly matched teams, we weren't gonna sweep...

Tuesday will be fun

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely like our situation. We have HFA.

But that was a tough loss. Our offense is pitiful. We need to gripe for a day.

It is.

And this is what is means to be missing...well... :deadhorse:

This was not unexpected, still SUCKS to see. The pitching will have to win it for us, like 2010.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is.

And this is what is means to be missing...well... :deadhorse:

This was not unexpected, still SUCKS to see. The pitching will have to win it for us, like 2010.

I don't like that they hit our bullpen - Machi, Strickland, Romo.

Somebody made the good point earlier that we need to keep Strickland away from their LH power hitters. His fastball just has no movement and is too easy a target.

I'm leaning toward starting Morse in LF. We need some offense from that spot, and it will pick up everyone else.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that they hit our bullpen - Machi, Strickland, Romo.

Somebody made the good point earlier that we need to keep Strickland away from their LH power hitters. His fastball just has no movement and is too easy a target.

I'm leaning toward starting Morse in LF. We need some offense from that spot, and it will pick up everyone else.

Why sit Ishi? He is dialed in. Offensively, he may be the Giants MVP right now.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a tough loss. Being an SF fan it's easy to rationalize but this was a WYWW loss. I just doen't expect this from our pen. I'm not sure who's handing our pitching match up ... Rags or Boch ... but wTF are they thinking with Strikland. As stated by p[eople here ... left hand power hitters are raking agaist him. Reminded me of the Harper seriues of Abs.

But, in the end it comes down to offense. Where the hell is Posey and Pence. We need to also play some long ball here. Maybe going home will wake them up ... sure hope so .... I'm thinking we leave SF up 3-2 in games .... just needing one in STL ....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a tough loss. Being an SF fan it's easy to rationalize but this was a WYWW loss. I just doen't expect this from our pen. I'm not sure who's handing our pitching match up ... Rags or Boch ... but wTF are they thinking with Strikland. As stated by p[eople here ... left hand power hitters are raking agaist him. Reminded me of the Harper seriues of Abs.

But, in the end it comes down to offense. Where the hell is Posey and Pence. We need to also play some long ball here. Maybe going home will wake them up ... sure hope so .... I'm thinking we leave SF up 3-2 in games .... just needing one in STL ....

This is the reasonable 'good' scenario. It's just as likely we'll be down 3-2. Evenly matched teams...we're missing Pagan, now they are missing Yadier.

We're still on the short sample size playoff crazy train of randomness.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reasonable 'good' scenario. It's just as likely we'll be down 3-2. Evenly matched teams...we're missing Pagan, now they are missing Yadier.

We're still on the short sample size playoff crazy train of randomness.

Not having Molina will be huge for them. The pitching staff gives up one more run without him. And as we saw last night, Cruz is a huge downsize offensively and defensively.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Molina will be huge for them. The pitching staff gives up one more run without him. And as we saw last night, Cruz is a huge downsize offensively and defensively.

And all but guarantees seeing AJ do something, probably something that pisses us all off.

No one currently on the team was his teammate (except Raggs I guess) but I bet he gets booed like crazy at PacBell

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all but guarantees seeing AJ do something, probably something that pisses us all off.

No one currently on the team was his teammate (except Raggs I guess) but I bet he gets booed like crazy at PacBell

Does the average Giants fan remember AJ, though? Yes, we are all VERY aware of the situation, but we are all lunatics. Does average Joe Game-Goer remember him?

If Matheny used that roster-spot to troll the Giants, I think he gave it WAY more thought than it deserved.