• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With heavy weight given to Cups, points and overall outstanding performance, I have to say Clarke, Parent, Barber and MacLeish make our Mount Puckmore.

Leach is the biggest snub and arguably deserves to be in, but did not have as many points.

Many others are right there, but did not win a Cup, sadly. Guys like Lindros, Propp and Kerr. Giroux and Hextall can still do that. Maybe Provorov or Patrick challenge this list in 15+ years too.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could go a lot of ways on that Mtn. No love for Pelle?
I wouldn't mind seeing LeClaire or Recchi or Propp Brindamour up there instead of Hexy. But i think Kerr may be the best choice.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarke, Parent and Howe would be my no-brainers. Barber, Lindros and Propp would be battling for the last spot.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I put Giroux in over Hextall and go with Clarke, Parent, Lindros, Giroux. Clarke and Parent easily the best Flyers of all time, Lindros perhaps the biggest Flyer name, and Giroux who should be 2nd in assists at the end of the season and will likely be 2nd in points when all is said and done. By the time he retires he could be statistically the 2nd best Flyer of all time.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad Flyers fact of the day: Steve Mason is 3rd all-time amongst Flyers goalies in wins.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad Flyers fact of the day: Steve Mason is 3rd all-time amongst Flyers goalies in wins.

Uh, that's crazy if true...Lol I would expect a few others ahead of him.

It just speaks to how often we make changes in net as a franchise.

Carter Hart needs to be the one that finally solidifies the position.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronman rated the Flyers prospects 12th, but noted they may produce the most NHL players. He bases his rankings heavily on 'star power' which he doesn't think the Flyers have. (pay wall: NHL farm system rankings: No. 12 Philadelphia Flyers)

Couple notables:
1. Myers ("Very good category": top 6 / top 4 / starting goalie)
2. Frost (Very good)
3. Farabee
4. Hart
5. Lindblom
10. Cates
14. Morin
21. Allison

Even before the draft he was pretty low on Farabee, O'Brien, and Ginning which probably played into his rankings a good bit. Also he's notoriously rough on goalies, though he says he's concerned about Hart's athleticism. Most shocking one to me is Allison being 21. There are a lot of guys that are really high on him, so that's surprisingly low.

Last note, he ranks the organization's top 10 U-23 guys and he had Patrick at #1, ahead of Provorov.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronman rated the Flyers prospects 12th, but noted they may produce the most NHL players. He bases his rankings heavily on 'star power' which he doesn't think the Flyers have. (pay wall: NHL farm system rankings: No. 12 Philadelphia Flyers)

Couple notables:
1. Myers ("Very good category": top 6 / top 4 / starting goalie)
2. Frost (Very good)
3. Farabee
4. Hart
5. Lindblom
10. Cates
14. Morin
21. Allison

Even before the draft he was pretty low on Farabee, O'Brien, and Ginning which probably played into his rankings a good bit. Also he's notoriously rough on goalies, though he says he's concerned about Hart's athleticism. Most shocking one to me is Allison being 21. There are a lot of guys that are really high on him, so that's surprisingly low.

Last note, he ranks the organization's top 10 U-23 guys and he had Patrick at #1, ahead of Provorov.
Although I'm impressed with Patricks growth, he is still not up to Provy's speed yet. Provy's a rare breed.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a lot of star power on the farm simply because all of our stars made the team in year one and are no longer prospects. That and we don't pick in the top ten of round one very often. It's only a matter of good fortune that we were able to get there twice in the last four years.