• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that the Flyers agreeing to take on Lehtera's bad contract was also part of the trade.

True, and Schenn at that time vs Simmonds at this time, Schenn is probably more valuable. But I still want a better (or at least more useful sooner) return for Simmonds if I'm going to trade him. And if nobody wants to give up more, that's fine too, I would just rather keep Simmonds.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Simmonds, but if he has another year of decreased production, you might have to deal him away at the deadline. If not, he will have to take a pay cut and decreased role in order to be re-signed.

It's not the same situation Giroux was in before last season either. It will be a contract year for Wayne this coming season and we have kids like Patrick and Konecny on the upswing that can probably take his spot now without any hesitation. They essentially already did for stretches last season.

As shown by a reluctancy to buy out Lehtera, Hexy appears to be not entirely "all in" for next season. We should be much improved, but I don't expect to win a Cup all of the sudden.

And so, Lasgop can get his whining and crying out of the way now before the season even starts...Lol

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Simmonds, but if he has another year of decreased production, you might have to deal him away at the deadline. If not, he will have to take a pay cut and decreased role in order to be re-signed.

It's not the same situation Giroux was in before last season either. It will be a contract year for Wayne this coming season and we have kids like Patrick and Konecny on the upswing that can probably take his spot now without any hesitation. They essentially already did for stretches last season.

As shown by a reluctancy to buy out Lehtera, Hexy appears to be not entirely "all in" for next season. We should be much improved, but I don't expect to win a Cup all of the sudden.

And so, Lasgop can get his whining and crying out of the way now before the season even starts...Lol

I think suffering through one more year of Lehtera is the right play regardless. Hexy's got a lot of important contract work to do next summer and buying out Lehtera now adds 1.6 to the cap next year. I think he's going to want every $ he can get next year, and I would certainly say that money is more important than the $3.3M this year.

He's got Simmonds, Laughton, Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim, and two goalies to figure out next season. Not to mention Lehtera, Raffl, and Weal all come off and will need replacing (if you don't re-sign them). Also as I look at this stuff, I don't see any reason not to buy Weise out next summer.

Then you take a look around the league at the contracts that are expiring (obviously some of these guys will sign before July 1, 2019, but I doubt all of them do:

Bobrovsky
Doughty
Rinne
Karlsson
Eberle
Duchene
Pavelski
Couture
Panarin
Varlamov
Seguin
Skinner
Wheeler
Myers
Brassard
Chara
Nyquist
McDonagh
Stralman
Pacioretty
Henrique
Gardiner
R. Ellis
N. Schmidt

There's someone for everyone there. I think you take your chances that a couple of those guys are available in free agency next year and save your pennies.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with this trade.

Outside of signing Bozak as the 3C (which you might be able to do anyway) you're probably not seeing help from that trade for at least a year, probably two. Simmonds helps you compete next season. Isn't that the argument you guys have been making for the last 1,000 posts?

And I think you're selling low on Simmonds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By ending this post the way you did is PATHETIC AND A SERIOUS CRY FOR ATTENTION! :L :doh: :lame: :loco2:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think suffering through one more year of Lehtera is the right play regardless. Hexy's got a lot of important contract work to do next summer and buying out Lehtera now adds 1.6 to the cap next year. I think he's going to want every $ he can get next year, and I would certainly say that money is more important than the $3.3M this year.

He's got Simmonds, Laughton, Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim, and two goalies to figure out next season. Not to mention Lehtera, Raffl, and Weal all come off and will need replacing (if you don't re-sign them). Also as I look at this stuff, I don't see any reason not to buy Weise out next summer.

Then you take a look around the league at the contracts that are expiring (obviously some of these guys will sign before July 1, 2019, but I doubt all of them do:

Bobrovsky
Doughty
Rinne
Karlsson
Eberle
Duchene
Pavelski
Couture
Panarin
Varlamov
Seguin
Skinner
Wheeler
Myers
Brassard
Chara
Nyquist
McDonagh
Stralman
Pacioretty
Henrique
Gardiner
R. Ellis
N. Schmidt

There's someone for everyone there. I think you take your chances that a couple of those guys are available in free agency next year and save your pennies.

I'd take Doughty, Couture, Panarin and Ellis from that list in a heartbeat. All elite level players with a lot of postseason success and in their primes or just entering them with a lot of tread left on their tires.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Doughty, Couture, Panarin and Ellis from that list in a heartbeat. All elite level players with a lot of postseason success and in their primes or just entering them with a lot of tread left on their tires.

I would take just about everyone on that list honestly. Pending terms of the deal of course. I'd definitely add Seguin and Skinner to your list there. And I think Rinne could be an interesting option depending on how next season shakes out. He'll be 36, won't be super expensive or long term, but could be a good goalie to have for 2019-20, maybe 20-21, as they transition to Hart. And I expect the Preds will be looking at Sarros as their guy, so won't be looking to re-sign him. He had one of his best sv%'s of his career this year so maybe there's still enough in the tank for a year or two.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want everyone's thoughts on whether we should keep the two 1st round picks or trade them to move up? I kind of go back and forth on this and still undecided what would be the best move for us? It's a win..win imo. Part of me would like to take two guys in the 1st round and continue to stack the cupboard for the future and then if we move up we can get an imeediate impact player possibly? Just wanted your thoughts boys?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take just about everyone on that list honestly. Pending terms of the deal of course. I'd definitely add Seguin and Skinner to your list there. And I think Rinne could be an interesting option depending on how next season shakes out. He'll be 36, won't be super expensive or long term, but could be a good goalie to have for 2019-20, maybe 20-21, as they transition to Hart. And I expect the Preds will be looking at Sarros as their guy, so won't be looking to re-sign him. He had one of his best sv%'s of his career this year so maybe there's still enough in the tank for a year or two.
If we pick up Rinne its basically Hexy saying he has completely given up on Stolarz.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want everyone's thoughts on whether we should keep the two 1st round picks or trade them to move up? I kind of go back and forth on this and still undecided what would be the best move for us? It's a win..win imo. Part of me would like to take two guys in the 1st round and continue to stack the cupboard for the future and then if we move up we can get an imeediate impact player possibly? Just wanted your thoughts boys?
If Wahlstom or Tkachuk can be had i want to trade up to get them. IMO they will both be an impact player to the Flyers and it will give us hope of a deep run in the playoffs barring injuries again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not hesitate at all to package the two picks if there's a player we hold in extremely high regard still available in that #4 to #8 range. I mean a guy we have a grade above the rest that can perhaps make the Nhl much quicker too.

If not, we still get to draft a top ten forward and top ten defenseman from the entire draft. I just like the idea of quality over quantity, especially given the young talent we already have with the big club and on the way.

So, if we keep the picks, definitely draft the best players available. We can't be worried about positions here this early in round one.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers are going to make a splash draft day or this summer.
Im so pumped with the future of this team. We are so close to something special