• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I think they might consider keeping Weise is because he's signed for next season, too. Not that I don't agree with you. Hextall's M.O. also seems to be a preference for C's over W's, so my guess for the final 5 are:

1. Laughton
2. Raffl
3. Knight
4. Weal
5. Lehtera

Not sure how good Knight is on the PK, but I believe he's a 50%+ faceoff guy at least. Weal and Lehtera in the press box at least give you options in terms of being able to play all 3 forward positions and the ability to add speed (Weal) or size (Lehtera) if needed.

I'm good with that group.

On Weise, I really just see them buying him out next year. 583K on the 2019-20 and 20-21 books. Rather than 2.375M next year. Gives them a little more flexibility with Provorov, Konecny, Simmonds, Sanheim coming up. And if you're going to buy him out next year, why not waive him this year? His chances of making the team aren't getting any better as time goes on.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty funny,
Someone who calls themselves “Dr X” had this to say about the #Flyers’ much-maligned new mascot, Gritty: Still a better signing than Ilya Bryzgalov.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be Elliott, Stolarz then Hart. If those three stay healthy we may be good for the year.

Hopefully somewhere along the way we find one of these guys is solid enough to be at least a B class goalie.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm convinced that Gritty the mascot is actually Scott Hartnell:lol:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Gritty and the Philly Phanatic were created by the same guy.

If this is true, I'd love to try whatever the hell he is smoking!!!!

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I didn't even notice that,lol.

Yea, defense sucks so bad......

I'm just looking forward to some hockey, can't deal with the shit play from them this year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, defense sucks so bad......

I'm just looking forward to some hockey, can't deal with the shit play from them this year.
Bell started the whole debacle and then it's become a domino effect all the way down to the play on field.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell started the whole debacle and then it's become a domino effect all the way down to the play on field.

That is honestly a completely different mess.
Never in all my years of being a Steeler fan has there ever been a worry about defense.
The last 4 or more years our defense has sucked. Since Tomlin chased Coach LeBeau out of town our D has not been the same. Tomlin thinking he knows D wanted control of the D. Now that he has that, they stink the place up every week. They have allowed 21, 42, and 27 points. Now our offense is good, but why the hell, week in and week out do you have to put up huge scores just to have a chance......

And all the drama.....Tomlin has let the inmates run the asylum far too long.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is honestly a completely different mess.
Never in all my years of being a Steeler fan has there ever been a worry about defense.
The last 4 or more years our defense has sucked. Since Tomlin chased Coach LeBeau out of town our D has not been the same. Tomlin thinking he knows D wanted control of the D. Now that he has that, they stink the place up every week. They have allowed 21, 42, and 27 points. Now our offense is good, but why the hell, week in and week out do you have to put up huge scores just to have a chance......

And all the drama.....Tomlin has let the inmates run the asylum far too long.
If the Steelers continue to struggle, Tomlin is history. I am surprised he is still there to be honest. I thought last season he would be let go.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers continue to struggle, Tomlin is history. I am surprised he is still there to be honest. I thought last season he would be let go.

I'm thinking so myself.
Everyone is so over his shit.
He uses big words to try to sound smart and it's just ignorant.
He says the same thing game after game.....we didn't execute, we need discipline, we need focus.
All sounds like coaching to me.

I haven't liked the guy since super bowl 43 when Harrison ran that 99 yard touchdown.
He was miced up and told his guys, "My Bucks ran back 3 in the super bowl, so we aren't good enough yet"
Really....this is Pittsburgh and he says his Tampa bay shitheads.....they should of ran him out of town then.
Hell it wasn't even his team he win it with, 90% of the team was still Cowher's bunch.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking so myself.
Everyone is so over his shit.
He uses big words to try to sound smart and it's just ignorant.
He says the same thing game after game.....we didn't execute, we need discipline, we need focus.
All sounds like coaching to me.

I haven't liked the guy since super bowl 43 when Harrison ran that 99 yard touchdown.
He was miced up and told his guys, "My Bucks ran back 3 in the super bowl, so we aren't good enough yet"
Really....this is Pittsburgh and he says his Tampa bay shitheads.....they should of ran him out of town then.
Hell it wasn't even his team he win it with, 90% of the team was still Cowher's bunch.
Just my opinion here. I think this will be the year when the Steelers look ata start of a rebuild. I think Big Ben may retire or dealt possibly for picks. I think the FO will need a turnover, a new HC along with a new entire coaching staff. Coaches don't stick around like they used to. Those days of Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, etc are long gone.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion here. I think this will be the year when the Steelers look ata start of a rebuild. I think Big Ben may retire or dealt possibly for picks. I think the FO will need a turnover, a new HC along with a new entire coaching staff. Coaches don't stick around like they used to. Those days of Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, etc are long gone.

I believe Ben has a year left on his contract, I think he grooms Rudolph to replace him. I honestly don't think Ben gets traded.
Bell is on the auction block now.....who knows what we'll get for him.
But honestly, they can do anything in the world as far as players are concerned. It won't amount to anything if Tomlin remains in control. It's painfully obvious he can't run an NFL team. And after 12, 13 years with the increasingly decline in stats, he's going down fast. If someone like say Belichick heads up this team.....with the offense we've had the last 4 years, we'd be sitting on 10 maybe 12 Lombardi trophies right now.
But it all has to start with getting Tomlin out. Rooney won't fire him, and I think he has 2 years left on his contract.