• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this the other day. LeBron had 2 playoff buzzer beaters against the Raptors & almost had a 3rd in that series.

MJ had 3 in his career.

Kobe had 1.

It was mentioned on First Things First. Also I thought for some reason all 3 of them had more game winning playoff shots like that.
LeBron has quite a few now...the Orlando one, the Chicago one, the two Raptors.

Heat fans were there any in Miami? I would guess so- but i cant remember off the top of my head.

At least 4 in Cleveland I can remember off the top of my head.

The most impressive LeBron performance is probably Game 5 against the Pistons though. That was just a downright insane display of power and athleticism before LeBron was near a finished product. He was a force of nature in that game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has quite a few now...the Orlando one, the Chicago one, the two Raptors.

Heat fans were there any in Miami? I would guess so- but i cant remember off the top of my head.

At least 4 in Cleveland I can remember off the top of my head.

The most impressive LeBron performance is probably Game 5 against the Pistons though. That was just a downright insane display of power and athleticism before LeBron was near a finished product. He was a force of nature in that game.

That Pistons game you mentioned. Is that the 1 where he scored the Cavs final 20-something points? Don't remember the exact total.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Pistons game you mentioned. Is that the 1 where he scored the Cavs final 20-something points? Don't remember the exact total.
I think it was like the final 33 points or something...it was insane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each of the first four games of the series had been decided by six points or less and Game 5 appeared to be headed in the same direction halfway through the fourth quarter. At that point, James had a modest 19 points and the Cavs were leading 79-78 with 6:05 remaining.

James then hit a 17-foot jumper that began a jaw-dropping scoring run of that left the Pistons speechless.

"We threw everything we had at him," Detroit guard Chauncey Billups would say of James following the game. "We just couldn't stop him."

In just over 16 minutes of game time, James would score 29 of Cleveland's 30 points, including the team's final 25 points on 11-of-13 shooting from the field. He'd force overtime on a driving dunk with nine seconds remaining and then finish the game off in double-overtime with a driving layup with two seconds left.

With the 109-107 victory and a 3-2 series lead heading back to Cleveland, the Cavs dominated Game 6 98-82 to earn the franchise's first Finals trip -- James again fell just short of a triple-double with 20 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each of the first four games of the series had been decided by six points or less and Game 5 appeared to be headed in the same direction halfway through the fourth quarter. At that point, James had a modest 19 points and the Cavs were leading 79-78 with 6:05 remaining.

James then hit a 17-foot jumper that began a jaw-dropping scoring run of that left the Pistons speechless.

"We threw everything we had at him," Detroit guard Chauncey Billups would say of James following the game. "We just couldn't stop him."

In just over 16 minutes of game time, James would score 29 of Cleveland's 30 points, including the team's final 25 points on 11-of-13 shooting from the field. He'd force overtime on a driving dunk with nine seconds remaining and then finish the game off in double-overtime with a driving layup with two seconds left.

With the 109-107 victory and a 3-2 series lead heading back to Cleveland, the Cavs dominated Game 6 98-82 to earn the franchise's first Finals trip -- James again fell just short of a triple-double with 20 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists.

That LeBron fella is kinda good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is.

Kobe's a great player no doubt. But Magic, MJ and Lebron are arguably the 3 best players in league history. I don't think I've ever seen Kobe higher than 5th or 6th on anyone's all time list.

You might be able to make a small case for Kobe over Lebron because when talking about just pure, stone cold, I'll step on my grandma's head to win a game maniacal desire to win, he's the only guy who rivals MJ.

But that's the only way a case can even be made for Kobe and that's not much to go on. Especially since Lebron has gotten better in that regard over the years.

Gun to head today, I have LeBron close to MJ than Kobe closer to LeBron.

And, Kobe was pretty damn good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Where the fuck is my avi already?
Please go with the Tristan Tiger Coat one.--- my paint job was just not so hot, lol...little too over the top as well.

Untitled-2.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please go with the Tristan Tiger Coat one.--- my paint job was just not so hot, lol...little too over the top as well.

Untitled-2.jpg

I switch it asap
If u come up with something better ill
switch it again

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey's not winning COY over Stevens, or for that matter Quinn out of Utah. Stevens made it to a 2nd seed without his 2 best players. And everyone thought Utah was going to be in a full rebuild after losing Heyward to FA.
Having said that, if Toronto's serious about contending, then you're getting rid of Casey. They've reached their ceiling. A team takes on the persona and mentality of their HC. Everytime the Raptors face the Cavs, they fold up quick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup that's fine. I'll eat my crow. I figured NBA media members couldn't be that dumb. Should've figured that in today's age where teenagers are eating Tide Pods, that the media would make Casey COY.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this the other day. LeBron had 2 playoff buzzer beaters against the Raptors & almost had a 3rd in that series.

MJ had 3 in his career.

Kobe had 1.

It was mentioned on First Things First. Also I thought for some reason all 3 of them had more game winning playoff shots like that.

The not clutch narrative is old and has been old for years. Lebron and MJ are the most clutch players of all-time, statistical Lebron is the best though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron ended the Pistons in that game

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The not clutch narrative is old and has been old for years. Lebron and MJ are the most clutch players of all-time, statistical Lebron is the best though

LeBron's just had an amazing career. Still wish he would have ended up in Boston instead of Miami though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It's definitely a smaller gap between Lebron and MJ than between Lebron and Kobe.
Dude, you are doing this fandom thing all wrong.

Sometimes you can be such a disappointment.....lol

#SpittingTruth

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what's this about?