• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1 Ohio St @ Va Tech

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to ESPN. A baboon could look at Ohio's schedule almost every year of their existence and say, "hey look at that cupcake schedule." Even so, up until last year, for the previous 45 years. Ohio had 1 tainted NC, and only 2 wins over an end season ranked top 5 team. It's sad really that it took back-stabbin', bighead Slurban Meyer Oscar to take advantage of fertile recruiting grounds with little recruiting competition and a cupcake schedule to assemble an allstar team and produce last years champion.

not-fair.gif

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game and gameplan by the Hokies. In the end, Ohio State had just too much talent. Really sucks for Brewer. May be a tad cocky but he is a kid and scrapper so I don't mind. Man did he jinx himself with that halftime comment tho. Good luck on the rest of your season Hokies and here is to a successful surgery and recovery for your QB.m:suds:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats! A lot of talent for OSU and a nice 'problem' to have figuring out how to spread the ball around. Good luck with the rest of your season.

For VT to have won, everything needed to go right and the 2nd quarter was that come to life. Once Brewer went out, the offense was one dimensional putting a ton of pressure on the defense to carry the load, which is virtually impossible.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to ESPN. A baboon could look at Ohio's schedule almost every year of their existence and say, "hey look at that cupcake schedule." Even so, up until last year, for the previous 45 years. Ohio had 1 tainted NC, and only 2 wins over an end season ranked top 5 team. It's sad really that it took back-stabbin', bighead Slurban Meyer Oscar to take advantage of fertile recruiting grounds with little recruiting competition and a cupcake schedule to assemble an allstar team and produce last years champion.

Still bringing up the same bullshit? You need new material.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats! A lot of talent for OSU and a nice 'problem' to have figuring out how to spread the ball around. Good luck with the rest of your season.

For VT to have won, everything needed to go right and the 2nd quarter was that come to life. Once Brewer went out, the offense was one dimensional putting a ton of pressure on the defense to carry the load, which is virtually impossible.

I honestly thought the final score would be closer than it was but looking back, I can't explain why.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this ignorant douchebag? Still upset that we smacked down Bama in their own backyard last year, I see.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to put a few things to bed:

VT is not 'DBU'. Well maybe if the DB means douchebag.
VT is no longer the toughest place to play. They are 3-7 in their last 10 home games.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Buckeye faithful. That team is a monster. I felt like Virginia Tech had a punchers chance with Brewer in there but once he went down that was it. The only hope agains that offense was keeping them off the field and to do that you needed a fresh D which wasn't gonna happen without sustained drives. Even with Brewer it was going to be a tall order, regardless of the halftime score.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

:suds:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to put a few things to bed:

VT is not 'DBU'. Well maybe if the DB means douchebag.
VT is no longer the toughest place to play. They are 3-7 in their last 10 home games.
I am with you on the crowd but I don't know what the DBs could have done last night. Foster gambled on loading the box and putting them on an island last night. With no real pass rush and talent like OSU has, that is going to burn anyone. They didn't have a sad game but a lot of that was scheme and OSU talent and counter-scheme more than the actual guys on the field.

That being said, it sounds like both Fuller and Facyson may be injured so this may be a really long season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be on the hardcore drugs. The SEC is the best conference right now, but lets not act like there wasnt a time where the Big 10 wasnt on top or the Big 12. When Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska were all elite they were the best for awhile. The SEC can brag that they play a harder schedule, bc they most likely do, but if you cant win the big games in bowl season it does you no good.
The fact is after this year Ohio St's non-conference schedule is one of the best in the nation, they had a couple off years bc teams didnt live up to expectations, also the B1G will get better, you can bet on that.
I guarantee that Va Tech, if healthy, will be a top 10 defense this year, so say what you want but 42 points on a top 10 defense looks pretty good on the resume.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot to mention, they beat Bama and Oregon with their 3rd stringer while not being favored.
Butthurt still I see. :happy: