• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1 Ohio St @ Va Tech

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Hokies, what's the scoop on your team this year? Haven't seen or heard a lot about Va Tech during the spring and summer. Is there a chance ya'll can do it again?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's a chance. That's why the game is played. Ohio State has questions, including 3 missing players on offense and 3 new starters on the d-line. It should be a fun one.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think VT will keep it interesting for a half.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's a chance. That's why the game is played. Ohio State has questions, including 3 missing players on offense and 3 new starters on the d-line. It should be a fun one.
I knew I worded that wrong when I did it. Yep, there's always a chance.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Hokies, what's the scoop on your team this year? Haven't seen or heard a lot about Va Tech during the spring and summer. Is there a chance ya'll can do it again?

Yes, there's always a chance with our defense, but the same questions remain as in the last decade. Can the offense move the ball and put it in the endzone consistently?

Last year, I thought we had a QB that made good decisions and could convert 3rd and long during the OSU game. After getting dinged up, as a lot of our team did that game, he never looked the same and threw a lot of bad balls with a lot of bad decisions. I haven't seen a season with as many injuries to substantial players we sustained following the OSU game in the 20+ years I've been following VT. Definitely goes to show that while we may have won the "battle", OSU won the "war" in the end with the depth they had and still do have.

That has always been my biggest concern when we play elite teams. Our starters can play with pretty much anyone, but when teams can sub in 2nd and 3rd stringers that are almost as good as their starters, we just get worn down by the 4th. Recruiting plays a huge part in adding depth and our recruiting will never be on the same level as the blue bloods.

We do have a lot of bright spots with being a very young team last year and, barring a ton of injuries, we should compete for the ACC.

Realistically, I see this game ending up around 31-21 in OSU's favor. However, as with the video posted, anything can happen.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech is gonna come to play and this should be a great challenge for Ohio State's offense.
If Tech can force quick 3 and outs ... it could do the same way it did last year.

Having said that, Ohio State's o-line VASTLY improved over the season last year. E-Z-E is going to need a solid performance in order for Ohio State to come out of Sandman Stadium a victor.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that like the Xs and Os of football:
Cracking Nuts: Beating the Buckeyes in Blacksburg

In depth analysis of how VT's defense played OSU last year along with how it may be changed up for tonight. Originally posted in the Virginia Tech forum by other Hokies (along with video above). The author has done some awesome breakdowns of game plans in the past and this is no exception.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that like the Xs and Os of football:
Cracking Nuts: Beating the Buckeyes in Blacksburg

In depth analysis of how VT's defense played OSU last year along with how it may be changed up for tonight. Originally posted in the Virginia Tech forum by other Hokies (along with video above). The author has done some awesome breakdowns of game plans in the past and this is no exception.
Thanks. That was awesome. Is it 8pm yet?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this game being close pretty much the entire game. It will be hard for Ohio St to move the ball especially if they bottle up Elliott. Believe it or not, Virginia Tech is still an elite team bc they are healthy. I think they could have been a reallt good team last year but some unfortunate injuries happened. They have an elite defense and secondary so I see this being within one score. Should be a good one.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't predict what VT is gonna do. They can look like world-beaters one week and then the next they look like a mediocre fcs team.

We'll see which Beamer team shows up.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't predict what VT is gonna do. They can look like world-beaters one week and then the next they look like a mediocre fcs team.

We'll see which Beamer team shows up.
Hopefully, we see the latter tonight.

:suds: