• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

That One Guy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna hold out hope until it’s all done. But yeah, I was saying before the playoffs even started that the Sixers don’t have enough. Incomplete roster. They need a quality off season and personally I want them to value two way players. Sixers have a bunch of guys who are one way players. They’re either good defenders that give no offensive help or guys who can impact at the offensive end but give it right back to their covers at the other end.

Wasn't Ben Simmons a two way player?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Ben Simmons a two way player?
Only defense and transition passes. No actual basketball skills. He should have been a professional handball player but he's probably too soft for it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He has no role in a half court offense in the playoffs. This has played out in multiple playoffs.

Kind of a mixed bag with him on that. He could be a huge asset in half court defense because he can defend multiple positions without much assistance from teammates...but in half court offense, he isn't going to help much beyond keeping the ball moving.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a mixed bag with him on that. He could be a huge asset in half court defense because he can defend multiple positions without much assistance from teammates...but in half court offense, he isn't going to help much beyond keeping the ball moving.
Yep. Exactly the kind of player I referenced that the Sixers have had. He plays a role at one end, in fact for Simmons a big role, but he’s just as big a negative at the other end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly wins tonight but loses in 7. We shall see. I would not be surprised if they lay down again tonight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real? You're knocking a coach because a great player performed great in a big spot? How is that a knock on the coach? Not saying Doc isn't overrated. Just a weird way of evidencing that.
That's how Blame the Coach Guy rolls. things go well it's the players. Go South it's the coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers probably win so it hurts more when it goes to shit in game 7.
It will hurt no matter what IF you lose a heartbreaker or just a game you thought you should win. I'd rather go down with a respectable loss (if my team has to lose) but not one with a bunch of what ifs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with the Heat fans?

Miami's the only team during the playoffs that isn't playing in front of a packed arena. Alotta empty seats.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I think the Bucks/Celtics winner takes that series. Miami’s D and Jimmy Butler are elite. That’s good enough to take down a banged up Sixers but not a legit contender in my eyes.
Herro is off.

Lowry is injured.

If one of those situations corrects itself, the Heat can win it all.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers probably win so it hurts more when it goes to shit in game 7.
I'd rather lose on the road.

Look, this isn't the Clippers blowing 3-1 to the Nuggets.

Slug Harden is just too much to overcome with Embiid hurt.

You aren't supposed to win.

No, injuries are not an excuse.

But, it is a reason.

Maxey and Embiid can't do it all.

Thybulle has been rendered useless.

Doc is begging dudes to just.........TRY.

You had a great season and with health, it will be better next year.

Chin up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna hold out hope until it’s all done. But yeah, I was saying before the playoffs even started that the Sixers don’t have enough. Incomplete roster. They need a quality off season and personally I want them to value two way players. Sixers have a bunch of guys who are one way players. They’re either good defenders that give no offensive help or guys who can impact at the offensive end but give it right back to their covers at the other end.

That is the things about this season…

Who does have enough?

Phoenix?

Somebody is going to win this year. And whoever does is likely to have a flawed roster.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the things about this season…

Who does have enough?

Phoenix?

Somebody is going to win this year. And whoever does is likely to have a flawed roster.
I think the Bucks Warriors Suns and Celtics have complete championship worthy rosters. At the same time, I’ll admit that injury plays a role in diminishing that reality now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is as useless as Thybulle and Thybulle can at least shoot free throws.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons worthless effort on defense to just let Kawhi go around easy.
God damn you’re annoying as fuck and you don’t know shit about basketball. If anything, Embiid hero ball is the issue on this. Ben is successfully tracking Kawhi until Embiid gets in the way. And now because I’m commenting on your stupid bull shit I’m helping to feed the fucking mongoloid Canuck troll. Thanks a lot choad.