• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant, he has 2 years left.

Thought we understood that, sorry for the confusion.
Right.

My bad.

They can extend Maxey after next Season.

Tobias will still have 1 year left.

But, I think they will try to move him this Summer.

So, it's a moot debate anyway.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Harden play out next season to see if he can rebound from that hammy is the smart play but who knows what Morey will do.
You and @fightinfunbags might be correct.

Saw a story saying he will opt-in.

But, with the understanding that he gets the Supermax the following year.

Fuck.

No.

The future Hall of Famer does have a $46.8 million player option for the 2022-23 season that he said he would opt in to, but there is talk that he will demand a supermax after that.

Per Brian Windhorst of ESPN, he questions whether the Sixers should give it to him:

That is sitting in the lap of ownership and Josh Harris. That is going to be his decision. I will tell you this, as I talk to league executives, they say to me if James Harden was in the middle of a $100 million contract like if he had two years left, they would be worried about that. The concept of him looking like this at the start of a $200 million/$250 million contract is unthinkable and we know Daryl Morey is heavily invested in him, but it’s ownership that’s gotta sign off on it. The issue is when they made this trade, they knew they were not trading for James Harden. They were trading for James Harden and the right to pay him that. They mortgaged their depth and their future to do so and they’re pinning themselves in the corner with it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck.

No.

The future Hall of Famer does have a $46.8 million player option for the 2022-23 season that he said he would opt in to, but there is talk that he will demand a supermax after that.

Per Brian Windhorst of ESPN, he questions whether the Sixers should give it to him:
Heard Windy say that the other day on NBA Live.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again: Makes me wonder wtf is going on in Philly where back to back #1 overall guys are season long DNP-Anxiety Attacks.

Fultz and Simmons crumbled mentally and physically.

Fultz had a legitimate injury. It was thoratic outlet syndrome. You see it more in pitchers. Can sometimes be career ending.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I was responding to what numbnuts said.
What exactly should I say? "Gee whiz, yer prolly right, he's such big strong man, why gosh, he'd give me the thrashing of a lifetime!" I never said I could beat him up, you retard, can you read?? And lol at equating serving overseas with shooting someone. I'm guessing you're the type that if you were walking down the street and you saw Tucker coming the opposite direction, you'd immediately cross the street, am I right?

:laugh3:

You said he'd think twice throwing down with you.

And if I saw him walking down the street I would have no reason to cross as I wouldn't be foolish enough to start something with him. But you think you could stand toe to toe with him.

You're a real internet tough guy.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You promised he'd think twice throwing down with you.

And if I saw him walking down the street I would have no reason to cross as I wouldn't be foolish enough to start something with him. But you think you could stand toe to toe with him.

You're a real internet tough guy.

Whatever you say, piglet

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have the yips too or was that debunked?

Debunked. Kind of fucked up it took the Sixers that long to discover the issue. It's a rare issue outside of baseball pitchers in sports. But obviously given how weird throwing a baseball is anyway it is debilitating for them. And it's thoracic...sorry I had to go back and double check myself.

I can't think of a single other basketball player thats had it honestly. I just remember the Tigers lost their best pitcher (Jeremy Bonderman) for his career over it right before Verlander became a star.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I guess he somewhat had the yips but they weren't Nick Anderson yips...he was overcompensating for his injury and it totally fucked his shot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Sixers were doing when they drafted Simmons and Fultz, but clearly they were not focusing enough on the mental toughness of the players or their desire to be great. What everyone raves about with Maxey is how much he loves basketball and how hard he works to improve. Those are the qualities that make him special and Philly seems to finally understand you can't teach heart.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, time folks.

Keep the cyber-fist fights to a minimum and say a few prayers for me.

Both my daughters are going to * separate* prom today and I'm having a UFC Fight party with the Fam for he first time since the pandemic begin.

I'm more concerned with having to put a hollow point in one of my relatives over having to put a sniper round in one of my girls dates.

If I'm not in jail, Asta manana.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Season Maxey has had, I'm afraid for the 76ers.

They are gonna be in the same situation as the Dubs with Poole.

Huge ass tax payments and other teams trying to poach your diaper dandy with a max contract offer when they hit restricted free agency.

76ers will have Tobias, Embiid making the max and they will be paying Harden 60 mil per when he's 36 years old.

Fuck that.

I'd pay Maxey before a regressed Harden.
Maxey is why Harden doesn’t have the Sixers over a barrel. The Sixers are in a position to have a Batman Robin of Embiid/Maxey. Harden will have to opt in to get 47 million next year. Harden wants out? Ok. Bye. Thanks for first step in getting cap space in 24 when Harris 39 million comes off the book. Harden’s best chance is to opt in and play next year to prove he’s still a max guy. Or take security and a new deal of 4 years 100 million now.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Sixers were doing when they drafted Simmons and Fultz, but clearly they were not focusing enough on the mental toughness of the players or their desire to be great. What everyone raves about with Maxey is how much he loves basketball and how hard he works to improve. Those are the qualities that make him special and Philly seems to finally understand you can't teach heart.
Maxey is on his way to being a stud.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden will almost certainly opt in. The tough part will be what happens after that. But I am cool with rolling with it for another season. There is a championship window there IMO.

Speaking of Maxey, it is interesting to compare his trajectory to Herro.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

My bad.

They can extend Maxey after next Season.

Tobias will still have 1 year left.

But, I think they will try to move him this Summer.

So, it's a moot debate anyway.
Not so sure they want to move Tobias now and definitely not a salary dump type of trade. Sixers will need fit and value back. Harris is a pro that can develop his game to what his team needs. His team needs spot up shooting with Harden around. He’s become a more willing outside shooter. Team needs help on the glass and come playoff time he’s better than he’s ever been as a Sixer rebounding. He has even become a better and more willing defender. I think the Sixers hold on to him now. No reason to dump him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck.

No.

Ha they’re not “ in a corner”. Windy is a fat fuck. He doesn’t know shit. They don’t have to chase this money. They have the equivalent of 88 million coming off the books in Harden and Harris. About 28-35 of that a year is going to Maxey. That leaves about another 25-30 with cap expansion to pay Maxey and to add players around them. No need to chase bad money just because you got out from under Simmons and gave up some depth and draft picks to do it.