• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not forget that GS got drilled by 30 points by New Orleans.

New Orleans arguably played the Warriors tougher than the Rockets might. Davis is no joke . Rockets don't have that kind of big man out of the court which is what would take to beat these Warriors. The Pelicans just don't have the bench.

If we got to go off a bad game. The Rockets lost on they HC to the Jazz. And basically had to be bailed out by Paul going insane mode to win the close out along with the injury to the Jazz's best player in the final few minutes

The Rockets haven't done much in the playoffs to make most believe they are capable of beating the Warriors. The Warriors were lazy in the regular season. They're playing for 'ships. Not regular season trophies

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then blew their doors off twice in a row and won in 5.

Sorry, but the Pelicans are a MUCH better team than Utah without Rubio. Rubio was very important to the Jazz.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention playoff basketball is different. Or did we already forget the #1 seed getting swept by the #4 seed in the East?
I distinctly remember in 2009 that the Lakers lost both games in the regular season against Orlando, but handed them an overwhelming loss - because there many things that affects the regular season games that does not affect the playoffs. When I look at the fire power that the Warriors have vs the Rockets - I would rather have those three players that easily average 65 points per game then the two that Rockets have. If you went by the points scored and the point spread, I can see why the Rockets would be favored, in the playoffs, the starters will play heavy minutes and are easily better than the Rockets starting line up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're just joking around the regular season means next to nothing in the playoffs. The Rockets have to play their best basketball of the season if they wanna advance to the Finals. The Warriors are too good & too experienced. Which kinda makes me sick.
I actually think Boston could beat the Cavaliers if Hayward and Irving were healthy- Now that should make you really sick

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a friendly reminder that me and @Montalban have a one month avi-bet riding on this series. I have the Warriors, he took the Rockets. Only way for the bet to be called off is if Harden, CP3, Curry or Draymond do not play in game 1 due to injury.
Have you decided what his avatar is going to be yet?:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My husband thinks they will sweep too. I think based on their sheer ability to score a lot of points Houston will get at least 1 game. So, Dubs in 5 is my prediction.
I just can't visualize a sweep, I have the Warriors in 5 or 6. I do think the Rockets could make it close series if they had a better coach, but D'antoni is not that

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when GS wins I bet not see you on here celebrating like you're a GS fan. Your seat on the bandwagon has just been revoked!
:hellno:

Actual video of LAD revoking Monty's bandwagon seat:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter to these people. Cavs won last year so that means they will sweep the ROckets and then sweep the Cavs/Sixers/Celtics.

The Cavs won last year?

Damn. I must have been watching the wrong series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that, they got taken to overtime by the Lakers...twice. :shocked:

How is this team in the playoffs? :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5 or 6, depending on how badly they want to step on Houston's neck.

They are a little bit bored at times this season, but Draymond is looking to get them razor focused with trash talking.

The Warriors are finally healthy and are a better, deeper, more experienced team than Houston with 10 times the better coaching.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully its a competitive 7 games series. Since this series WILL Be the NBA finals. If it only goes 5/6 games hopefully they all go down to the wire

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this

The starters for Houston looks about 80 points per game

The Warriors starters should be around 88 points per game

For Houston to win - they have to get Chris Paul to step up and go from 18 points per game to around 25 to 30

and they have to play the best defense ever

The problem with that game plan is that the Head coach has never emphasized defense. His idea of defense is when the told the reporters after a Lakers loss that absolutely teaches defense

The other possibility would be for Clint and Tucker to step up or bring Eric Gordon instead of Tucker - In short - D'antoni's best chance is to play with the starting line up and it's a little too late to be experimenting

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5. Rockets look far from convincing this past series or all playoffs long really. Paul isn't gonna be able to put career points against GS' backcourt. At first I thought Warriors in 6 but it probably won't even take that long for GS to dispatch them and then go on to beat the Cavs in 5 games giving LeFraud his great 3-6 record.

Basically this is the finals though. Whoever wins this series wins it all. Though I think its going to underwhelm now that Curry is back at full flight

CP3 doesn’t need to put up career numbers. Harden cant have off games and the role players need to step up. Team defense is the key. CP3 can certainly limit Curry with his great defense. If Curry guards CP3 that is advantage Paul

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 doesn’t need to put up career numbers. Harden cant have off games and the role players need to step up. Team defense is the key. CP3 can certainly limit Curry with his great defense. If Curry guards CP3 that is advantage Paul

I still don't see why people emphasize 'so and so is going to cover so and so'. I mean sure at the beginning of a possession. But the game is all about picks and switching and fast breaks, it's team D vs team D.