• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not likely, but I have unpleasant memories of the Lakers being 3-1 against the Suns and then losing 3 straight - The games have to be played and this series hasn't started until the Rockets win one - Unless the Warriors are going to sweep them and in spite of my picking the Warriors to win - The Rockets are a bunch of bums either

Big difference there.

The Warriors are an all time great team. Those Lakers were not.

The Rockets weren't likely to beat GS if they won game 1. If they lose game 2, the only question will be whether or not GS can finish the sweep at home.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Rockets take game 2 tonight without much trouble as an over-confident GS team comes in unprepared to play after accomplishing their mission of a split the other night.

See,

You assume complacency because they were complacent in the regular season. Not anymore.

Their mission is utter domination of the Rockets. A mere split is not enough.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference there.

The Warriors are an all time great team. Those Lakers were not.

The Rockets weren't likely to beat GS if they won game 1. If they lose game 2, the only question will be whether or not GS can finish the sweep at home.
Oh I don't think there is any chance in hell that the Rockets can recover, and I seriously doubt that the Cavs can either. I think LeBron did an outstanding job last night and played as good as ever could have, but unfortunately for him it was not enough to sustain the lead.

That being said, when you have a player like him, there is still is a perhaps 5% to 10% chance since he's done it before

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't think there is any chance in hell that the Rockets can recover, and I seriously doubt that the Cavs can either. I think LeBron did an outstanding job last night and played as good as ever could have, but unfortunately for him it was not enough to sustain the lead.

That being said, when you have a player like him, there is still is a perhaps 5% to 10% chance since he's done it before

I agree. The Cavs aren't likely to win their series either. But, there is a huge difference between losing 2 games at home vs. losing 2 on the road. Also a huge difference between being down 0-2 to the Celtics, vs. 0-2 to the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See,

You assume complacency because they were complacent in the regular season. Not anymore.

Their mission is utter domination of the Rockets. A mere split is not enough.

Warriors had to hear all year how the Rockets were better than them and were going to beat them.

I highly doubt you'll see the Dubs complacent at all.

A sweep in dominating fashion would ruin the psyche of the Rockets, and I think that's there short-term goal.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets need a new offensive strategy quickly implemented tonight instead of old Twinkle Toes Harden hogging the ball for 20 seconds a possession if they want any chance of winning tonight . Ball movement would help

Of course, with D'antoni running things that probably won't happen

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors had to hear all year how the Rockets were better than them and were going to beat them.

I highly doubt you'll see the Dubs complacent at all.

A sweep in dominating fashion would ruin the psyche of the Rockets, and I think that's there short-term goal.

A+ post...

hearing that all season AND all the "we want the Dubs" trash talk i'm betting was certainly in their ears when this this thing kicked off, though some disagreed with me...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Cavs aren't likely to win their series either. But, there is a huge difference between losing 2 games at home vs. losing 2 on the road. Also a huge difference between being down 0-2 to the Celtics, vs. 0-2 to the Warriors.
A HUGE difference - So far Boston hasn't played on the road and won on their home court like they were supposed to do and needed to do - But Houston lost both games at HOME - and are now headed to the Warriors court where they won't have home court - I didn't think they had much of chance to begin with, but they are screwed

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Rockets win this one. But it will be a close one, and I wouldn't be shocked if they lose it.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Rockets take game 2 tonight without much trouble as an over-confident GS team comes in unprepared to play after accomplishing their mission of a split the other night.

I agree Rockets take game 2 but I dont think that GS will be unprepared or over-confident.......Houston is straight up good enough to take this game tonight and 1 of the next 2 at GS and make this a long series.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rockets take game 2 but I dont think that GS will be unprepared or over-confident.......Houston is straight up good enough to take this game tonight and 1 of the next 2 at GS and make this a long series.

Precisely. I said Warriors in 6, so they will lose 2 games. Rockets didn't get destroyed in game 1, it's not like they can't win a game or two. They likely lose both Oakland games, win game 5, lose in 6.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to Dub it up, y'all.

golden-state-warriors-logo-wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely. I said Warriors in 6, so they will lose 2 games. Rockets didn't get destroyed in game 1, it's not like they can't win a game or two. They likely lose both Oakland games, win game 5, lose in 6.

Yeah GS probably wins the series.....I heard a lot of sports "experts" in the media practically calling it over after 1 and hinting GS is leaps and bounds better........If Harden can continue his level of play of that in game 1 and the HOU bench can play more offensively efficient I think it goes 7...........GS played an amazing game shooting for 52% and forcing HOU into some tough shots late on the shot clock.......GS outplayed HOU in game 1 but I think HOU is capable turning the tables here tonight and retaining home court advantage.

I will admit this is a must win game as it will be nearly impossible to take 4 out of 5 from GS

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series was over before it started but Harden saying after game 1 that he can’t win by himself says it all. I’ve said it for years, it’s time to head off to the strip clubs for Harden. Dude doesn’t have a competitive bone in his body, never has.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to get swept by the dubs 101

The Rockets ran 45 isolations plays in Game 1, and that was the most by any team in 5 years.

And D'Antoni isn't changing the script for game 2.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck always tries to start some shit. ROFLMAO. Nothing wrong being 3rd wheel behind 2 of the greatest of the last 20-30 years. He's winning titles. Thats all that matters. Klay isn't good enough to go somewhere and be lead dog and lead them to 'ships. That isn't his game. Im sure he knows that too.

So may as well make millions on a stacked team just knocking down a few 3s and hitting a few layups. EASIEST money ever.

He probably has one of the best deals ever. Not a lot of pressure on him. Just sit back while Durant/Curry do their thing. Cant beat that.

Now is he WORTH 200 Mil? Hell no. Not when your team is so stacked they can win a 'ship without you. Thats lead dog Money. Or should be.
No 3rd fiddle should be getting paid that type of money. But there are far worse players than Klay making a ton as well thats undeserved

I need to check myself into a psych ward. I agree with you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza with the 4 step layup.