• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Kobe-you know this- but RW was looking like Kobe after Shaq & before Pau. This kind of mentality will not win a playoff series.

When I thought OKC had a shot I wasn't factoring in the RW that plays recklessly & without the others. I guess a leopard truly doesn't change it's spots.

I get that he has to be the catalyst on offense and the go to guy.

But, the Thunder just gave Olidipo and Adams 100m contracts and Manger makes about 17m per as well.

Give them a chance to earn it.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he has to be the catalyst on offense and the go to guy.

But, the Thunder just gave Olidipo and Adams 100m contracts and Manger makes about 17m per as well.

Give them a chance to earn it.
Was just reading the break down of the team & Russell by tlance on another thread. He hit the nail right on the head. It's the same reason that let the Warriors back into the WCF last year & ultimately what helped them win that series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm not watching another Warriors game until the Conference Finals.

I think I'm one of the few posters here that didn't have any issue with Durant going to the Warriors.

I still don't.

But, their Superiority, WITHOUT HIM PLAYING, is probably the reason some thought it was as a punk move.

At the same time, Westbrook's reckless cucking in the 4th last night, makes it obvious why he doesn't care.

I mean statistically they are better with KD but they don't even need him lol. That's why most think it was a bitch move. They had a championship team without him, he could sit the bench the rest of the playoffs and they would still have a legit shot to win it all. IMO I just thought he took the easiest path possible, which makes sense if you want to win but I thought he wanted to win one on HIS team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to worry about it next year when LeBron joins Golden State...

That would be the last team he would ever go to lol. Curry would sit the bench if Lebron came to GS. But just think if Lebron and Curry were ever on the same team, that would be unstoppable.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the last team he would ever go to lol. Curry would sit the bench if Lebron came to GS. But just think if Lebron and Curry were ever on the same team, that would be unstoppable.
exactly what LeBron wants.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean statistically they are better with KD but they don't even need him lol. That's why most think it was a bitch move. They had a championship team without him, he could sit the bench the rest of the playoffs and they would still have a legit shot to win it all. IMO I just thought he took the easiest path possible, which makes sense if you want to win but I thought he wanted to win one on HIS team.

I get all that and I completely understand why many are upset with the move.

That said, I really don't think it is just about championships with him. They will win, maybe a few of them. Still, I think it is mostly about playing with a group that plays stylistically the opposite of what he endured in OKC. That, and that he became good friends with Iggy, Curry and Klay on team USA excursions.

Had OKC been able to accomplish more and Russ taken strides as a player, he would have stayed. As is though, I don't see how anybody can blame him for leaving.

As for the other realistic choices?

I wish Wall and Beal had not melted down in 2016 or he might of landed in DC. It wasn't a possibility given their dysfunction though. If he had gone to SA, it might have optically looked better, but the result would be the same. A dominant team only 1 or 2 others can compete with.

Who else was even a realistic possibility? I know he listened to a couple other pitches, like Boston, but that would have been a long shot at best. Even though, with KD they probably do make a George/Butler deal and become a legit superteam.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Portland/GS are playing game 3 tonight. Meanwhile before tip off tonight some teams will have already played their game 4.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors head coach Steve Kerr will not be on the bench tonight due to illness.
Assistant Mike Brown will coach Game 3 against the Trail Blazers.

Kevin Durant participated in a team shoot around, but is still listed as questionable (calf) for tonight in Portland.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I wasn't just seeing things a couple of days ago.. Kerr out tonight

Not sure how long he can last in coaching with all of his issues. I think he's back at TNT within the next 5 years

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how long he can last in coaching with all of his issues. I think he's back at TNT within the next 5 years

Warriors better start grooming a replacement. Mike Brown is not the answer. He is a fine assistant, just better make sure he remains in that role.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. He's got 3 more years on his contract, and he probably wants to coach this group a couple more times, but then I bet he hangs it up.