• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't get how teams still don't foul up 3 late in the game

That one was tough

Brown catches it in shooting position and if you foul him there he can just throw it up and get 3 fts

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is a foul.

You call people liars on here all the time.

You are lying by intentionally misrepresenting my point about officiating.

You have no idea how hard it is because you have never done it.

That was a quick transition play. You see that 50 some year old man sprinting down the sideline trying to catch up?

That was the ref who was trying to get in position to make the call. He was out of position and did not have a clear view.

How can he realistically be expected to keep up with NBA players on a play like this?

But you just default to

“Oh the refs are terrible”.

No.

NBA basketball is impossible to officiate.

We definitely need guys younger than 50 doing nba games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one was tough

Brown catches it in shooting position and if you foul him there he can just throw it up and get 3 fts

Yeah i guess. Indy screwed up the last 30 seconds. Gave it away

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i guess. Indy screwed up the last 30 seconds. Gave it away

The inbounds before is far worse than not fouling brown in the corner

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a busy man. Don't have time for that

Back to the call I tagged you in, my big question for you Mr. Ref Lover is do you think this a call that should have been missed you know since these are professionals and this looked like a clear foul?

It is an obvious foul that is easy to see from the camera angle.

But you aren’t being realistic.

Look where the ref was. Look how hard he was running. Bodies in between him and the play.

How is he supposed to see whether or not it was arm or ball from where he was?

Proving your ignorance.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an obvious foul that is easy to see from the camera angle.

But you aren’t being realistic.

Look where the ref was. Look how hard he was running. Bodies in between him and the play.

How is he supposed to see whether or not it was arm or ball from where he was?

Proving your ignorance.

The biggest reason fouls are missed by refs are literally other players getting in the way lol

(I’m agreeing with you)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 won’t answer my question because he doesn’t have a response that fits his agenda.

To all the ref haters out there:

Stop wasting your time complaining about bad officials. It would be no different than saying MLB hitters suck because they can’t bat .400.

Human officials missing calls is ALWAYS going to be a thing.

Direct your anger at the NBA. It is on them. The only possible way to make this better is to figure out how to effectively use available technology to get calls right.

That is it. There is no other answer.

Human officials always going to get calls wrong because NBA basketball is impossible to officiate. And the play that he posted is a perfect example as to why.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 won’t answer my question because he doesn’t have a response that fits his agenda.

Stop wasting your time complaining about bad officials. It would be no different than saying MLB hitters suck because they can’t bat .400.

Direct your anger at the NBA. It is on them. The only possible way to make this better is to figure out how to effectively use available technology to get calls right.

Human officials always going to get calls wrong because NBA basketball is impossible to officiate. And the play that he posted is a perfect example as to why.
Yep.

As usual, you nailed it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 2 TO's down the stretch is ultimately what cost them the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What question?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, he is playing dumb....or maybe he isn't playing.

LOL.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics attempted 10 more threes and somehow ended up with 20 more ft attempts lol
Numbers not adding up. The team who nearly shot 50% of their shots from 3 shouldn’t be +20 in free throw attempts.

Teams who shoot 10 more threes than their opponents shouldn’t also get to the line 20 more times. It’s the main reason why the warriors always struggled to win the ft battle since kd left
It seems like you watched the game, bks... therefore, what you're pointing out here shouldn't be such a mystery to you.

Indy took a lot (and made a lot) of mid-range shots in addition to their 3 pt attempts. That's not a style that is conducive to getting to the FT line.

Boston also has fewer weak links on defense... they can switch and live with the results (although Indy shot the heck out of the ball last night), whereas guys like Nembhard, Toppin, etc gonna have trouble when they end up isolated on the likes of Brown or Tatum.

Finally, Indy did have some bread and butter on offense... putting either Horford or Kornet in the pick n roll and breaking down the Celtics defense that way... however, more often than not these opportunities amounted to a quality outside shot (which, again, isn't likely to produce FT attempts). The Pacers better hope Porzingis stays out of the line-up, because his presence at the 5 would be a lot of tougher to pick on.