• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 06/09/17 1991 vs 2014

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Span - cf
Nunez - 3rd
Belt - 1st
Posey - c
Crawford - ss
Pence - rf
Hill - 2nd
Slater - lf
Moore - sp

It took Moore all of 9 pitches to get through the 1st inning. On a separate note, I think MLB is trying a new gimmick where the teams switch uniforms and secretly play as the other team.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the two teams switched back to their normal uniforms.

Hey, where is everyone? Do I need to start talking to myself on this thread?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the two teams switched back to their normal uniforms.

Hey, where is everyone? Do I need to start talking to myself on this thread?
Watching the NBE finals

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you meant WWE finals

True that. Dubs were mugged from the get go. Cavs had 20 free throws in the 1st quarter, not sure of the Dubs had 20 the whole game.

Poor officiating. Terrible pacing to the game (get RID of the reviews on every single play). But the Cavs shot the lights out tonight. They wanted it, and Curry and THompson disappeared.

Game 5 at Roaracle.

As to the Giants, maybe MM should go to Sacramento and learn how to pitch. He has been terrible dfor the Giants, with occasional brilliance. What is wrong with this guy?

And the Giant offense continues to be the worst in the majors. Awful.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that. Dubs were mugged from the get go. Cavs had 20 free throws in the 1st quarter, not sure of the Dubs had 20 the whole game.

Poor officiating. Terrible pacing to the game (get RID of the reviews on every single play). But the Cavs shot the lights out tonight. They wanted it, and Curry and THompson disappeared.

Game 5 at Roaracle.

As to the Giants, maybe MM should go to Sacramento and learn how to pitch. He has been terrible dfor the Giants, with occasional brilliance. What is wrong with this guy?

And the Giant offense continues to be the worst in the majors. Awful.
Santana on pace to throw a complete game in less than 100 pitches. I have to think that the Giants' offense has had more of those against them than any other team this year. And that is saying something considering a complete game is becoming more rare every year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's game is a perfectly framed picture of the reason why I can't stand the NBE or basketball in general. The officiating controls the game so much that the very integrity of the game gets lost.

Cleveland clearly outplayed the Dubs tonight. There is no question about that. But that first quarter was reffed in a whay that the Dubs were simply told to take it easy tonight, cause they had no chance. There was going to be a game 5, no matter what.

The Dubs got the message, and mailed it in the rest of the game.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants saw a total of 91 pitches tonight (compared to the 130 the Twins saw). I think the entire offense needs to play winter ball, just to stay fresh! They won't be tired come September.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants saw a total of 91 pitches tonight (compared to the 130 the Twins saw). I think the entire offense needs to play winter ball, just to stay fresh! They won't be tired come September.

Neither the hitting philosophy nor the hitting coach is going to change, so we must sit back and "enjoy" this fecal show of an offense. And this has been going on since last season's ASB, so this is not just a phase, or an aberration. Of course, after Moore pooped the bed giving up four runs, the Giants bats gave up, I guess.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make you think if there will be a major philosophical change going forward after watching this sorry team. Maybe Boch retires, Raggs retires, Giants get some fresh minds on the bench.

This upcoming draft might be a good early indicator..... I was thinking about drafting up a post leading up to it, but IDK if there's demand for it. But basically, what the Giants do in early rounds could be an indicator where the org stands.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make you think if there will be a major philosophical change going forward after watching this sorry team. Maybe Boch retires, Raggs retires, Giants get some fresh minds on the bench.

This upcoming draft might be a good early indicator..... I was thinking about drafting up a post leading up to it, but IDK if there's demand for it. But basically, what the Giants do in early rounds could be an indicator where the org stands.

Yeah, it does feel like the 'championship era' is over. It's just one bad year but first one in a decade. Might be time to rebuild after all, or at least make bigger changes than usual. And that's ok. We had our era, it happened and they can't take it away, we have the gifs and memories and bragging rights. Now it's time to get back there in 2-3 years.