• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

0-3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI - Rich Rod is 100x better of a coach than Hoke. Hoke won with Rich Rod's players and scheme in 2011. If you gave Rich Rod one more year.. he would probably still be there right now... and would have won more games than Hoke. The fact he was not a culture fit is the only issue I had with the guy. He wasn't a good hire because he didn't fit what they wanted as the face of the team... but to act like Rich Rod can't coach is just stupid. He had nothing what so ever as far as players when he got there.. changed the scheme completely.... and had to recruit over years for it to work. To be clear.. I was not happy with Rich Rod as coach of UM.. but I didn't want him hired in the first place... I am not to good to admit that he would have won more games than Hoke did if we kept him around.
My issue with Rich Rod was that he blew everything up and used his system 100% from the start making recruits leave and making the team terrible the first 2.5 years of his tenure.. Atleast Hoke knew he had to run parts of the previous system to become successful in 2011.. Otherwise he was terrible..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Rich Rod was that he blew everything up and used his system 100% from the start making recruits leave and making the team terrible the first 2.5 years of his tenure.. Atleast Hoke knew he had to run parts of the previous system to become successful in 2011.. Otherwise he was terrible..
Rich Rod didn't really have much of anything there when he took over... Take a look at the 2006 and 2007 recruiting classes.... guys like Donovan Warren that never panned out or Martell Webb.. He literally had nothing at WR other than Greg Mathews... Guys leave with every coaching change.. Happened this year with Harbaugh too.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this team. That's why I crave change. You probably loved Rich Rod and Hoke too. Rainbow fans too delusional to see how bad this team is are played out. I called 0-3. I'm calling 0-4. Guaranteed.

100% agree. If you're here posting your frustrations, it's because you truly CARE about the team and where it's going. Apathy is much worse than negativity.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting we will score 3 points. 17-3 sqwuaks for the W.

Seahawks 38, Lions 10.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apathy is much worse than negativity.

Truer words have never been spoken. The "fans" who disappear all week after an 0-3 start aren't real fans. They're bandwagon Rainbro fans who only talk about the team when they think they're good.

Us realist fans who said months ago that this team would stink, but still post about a better tomorrow, were the real fans who stick by the team through thick and thin.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask the City of Los Angeles if they'd prefer a fan base that's pissed off, or a fan base that just doesn't give a shit.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. If you're here posting your frustrations, it's because you truly CARE about the team and where it's going. Apathy is much worse than negativity.

Only in certain situations. When you are 11-5 and in the playoffs and have nothing but negative comments because the team did not win the division, then it is not worse then negativity.

Also, when it chases away many of the guys who want to talk actual football and not just bitch about management then I would rather have apathy.

At 0-3 and the coaches still not realizing that they are not doing what they need to do to fix things, then negativity is more than justified.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI - Rich Rod is 100x better of a coach than Hoke. Hoke won with Rich Rod's players and scheme in 2011. If you gave Rich Rod one more year.. he would probably still be there right now... and would have won more games than Hoke. The fact he was not a culture fit is the only issue I had with the guy. He wasn't a good hire because he didn't fit what they wanted as the face of the team... but to act like Rich Rod can't coach is just stupid. He had nothing what so ever as far as players when he got there.. changed the scheme completely.... and had to recruit over years for it to work. To be clear.. I was not happy with Rich Rod as coach of UM.. but I didn't want him hired in the first place... I am not to good to admit that he would have won more games than Hoke did if we kept him around.
I agree that RR was a better coach than Hoke...but I don't thin they would have won 11 games that year with RR. The reason: DEFENSE. RR always had a good electrifying offense but a defense ranked 106th wasn't going to cut it. That godawful 3-3-5 just did not work. He also did not recruit on either side properly, not nearly enough size. But the main reason was still the D. Now Hoke brought in Mattison and the D improved an unbelievable amount...hence the 11 wins. After that the transitioning of the systems was just not good. Gardner was a square peg in a round hole and Borges could never figure that out...(he couldn't with Denard either) I still remember trying to throw against Notre Dame after they were marching down the field ...terrible. Anywho...those days are done, M football is back and Harbaugh is the savior. Hail

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are 11-5 and in the playoffs and have nothing but negative comments because the team did not win the division, then it is not worse then negativity.

I guess I shouldn't point out then that their 11-5 season was built by going 10-1 against losing teams, and 1-4 against winning teams (1-5 counting the post-season). I enjoyed the 11 wins, don't get me wrong, but it's showing as a bit hollow now that they are playing better teams. As RobBase pointed out, it mirrors what they did in 2011-12.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle defense has another solid home matchup as they will face the Detroit Lions on Monday at CenturyLink Field.

Detroit owns the NFL's worst rushing attack, running for just 45 yards per game with a per-carry average of just 2.6 yards. If the Lions' run game woes continue, Detroit will be forced to let Matthew Stafford throw against Seattle's second-ranked pass defense, which is a recipe for disaster. Start the Seattle D/ST with extreme confidence this week.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me on September 1:
Baby_football.jpg

Me on October 1:
14 weeks.jpg

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I shouldn't point out then that their 11-5 season was built by going 10-1 against losing teams, and 1-4 against winning teams (1-5 counting the post-season). I enjoyed the 11 wins, don't get me wrong, but it's showing as a bit hollow now that they are playing better teams. As RobBase pointed out, it mirrors what they did in 2011-12.

Mentioning it is one thing. Repeating it a billion times and being a monumental douche about it is another.

Its the equivalent of your wife trying on some pants she thinks she looks good in and you telling her she looks fat. If she looks fat then you damn well know you have to find a real nice way of saying they dont flatter her. And God help you if you say it more than once.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the equivalent of your wife trying on some pants she thinks she looks good in and you telling her she looks fat. If she looks fat then you damn well know you have to find a real nice way of saying they dont flatter her. And God help you if you say it more than once.

:wtf:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is I genuinely wanted Caldwell to succeed.. Looks like he may not..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is I genuinely wanted Caldwell to succeed.. Looks like he may not..

Me too. Looks like another one-year, weak-schedule wonder, though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell has practically sealed his own fate by not acknowledging that adjustments and changes need to be made on offense with both scheme and personnell.

Unless he pulls off a miracle and wins 10 of the last 12 (we have almost no chance Monday so I am not counting that one) then he is toast too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, we got him from Baltimore. Then we got Ngata from Baltimore too. Maybe we can get John Harbaugh next.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got him from Baltimore. Then we got Ngata from Baltimore too. Maybe we can get John Harbaugh next.

Bring on John Harbaugh to unite with Jim Harbaugh In Scotland hmm Michigan!!!!.......Unite the Harbs clan!!!!!!!