• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Suspension Reinstated

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always a forgone conclusion that he was going to serve the 6 game suspension. The appeals and injunction was because they wanted to make sure he played this season because some believed the Cowboys were Superbowl Contenders. Well they obviously are not even with him so the smart bet would be to take the suspension and move on. They keep fighting he will sit out later in the season or the first 6 games next season. In any case Elliot is going to serve the 6 game suspension.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ova yet:suds:

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal.

In the words of the Dallas Morning News' Katie Hairopoulos, the NFL "wins this round," but Elliott will seek a new injunction from the Southern District of New York. It's unclear what his odds are of getting it. At least for now, Elliott's six-game suspension is free to take hold, but things could be different by this time next week. The Cowboys are on bye for Week 6. In a league prone to opaque legal sagas, Elliott's is setting a new standard. If Elliott's suspension actually does take hold for Week 7, Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden would likely form a committee. Morris is probably the slightly better add. The truth is, there is zero clarity.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that Zeke gets an injunction in New York. The Tom Brady ruling set a precedent and I can't see Zeke winning at all.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East getting decimated

tough loss Cowboys fans

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys season is over

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where's @PhoenixEagles1 at, the kid is going to have some fun with this!

Nah, it all seems unfair. I don't know what the NFL learned in their investigations though. I had Zeek in all 3 of my league and picked up Morris in all 3 like a week ago. I like playing teams at their best and as much as I hhate the Cowboys Zeek is fun to watch.

I don't go after Cowboy fans for no reason. I try to be objective but Manster is a complete clown. Even when he's beat, buried and embarrassed he refuses to man up but I like Colors, Jarntt and Ford. Good dudes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ewok.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up. If you can't win without a RB for 6 weeks you aren't making a long playoff run anyway.:noidea:

This just reinforces my thought that he should have just served it after losing the appeal. The Cowboys gained little by him playing and he'd almost be done by now. He went the court route and gained nothing but prolonging the discussions about the issue, keeping a spotlight on the issue and burdening the team.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up. If you can't win without a RB for 6 weeks you aren't making a long playoff run anyway.:noidea:

This just reinforces my thought that he should have just served it after losing the appeal. The Cowboys gained little by him playing and he'd almost be done by now. He went the court route and gained nothing but prolonging the discussions about the issue, keeping a spotlight on the issue and burdening the team.

Good post. I slightly disagree because he is such a dominant dominant RB. Their tough stretch is starting pretty soon and I think he will be greatly missed but Dak will step up.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gonna be a tough blow to Dallas for 2017 ....
Nah they still have Dak, sad thing is hes not a rookie phenom anymore. Hopefully defenses really get after him... and show the world hes more hype than talent.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggloo facepalms but I know he's scared. That case ain't filling up anytime soon.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it all seems unfair. I don't know what the NFL learned in their investigations though. I had Zeek in all 3 of my league and picked up Morris in all 3 like a week ago. I like playing teams at their best and as much as I hhate the Cowboys Zeek is fun to watch.

I don't go after Cowboy fans for no reason. I try to be objective but Manster is a complete clown. Even when he's beat, buried and embarrassed he refuses to man up but I like Colors, Jarntt and Ford. Good dudes.
The next time you're objective would be the first. You like Jarntt until he disagrees with you then you have a cow over him.

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With todays ruling never appealing would be the roght call, but I have no complaints about him doing so because the evidence is so minimal at best. The league never should have suspended him period much less six games.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With todays ruling never appealing would be the roght call, but I have no complaints about him doing so because the evidence is so minimal at best. The league never should have suspended him period much less six games.

I'm just assuming they know more then we do.