• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Suspension Reinstated

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris is better. I have no idea why they love McFadden so much.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know to much on the legal mumbo jumbo, but it seems to me Zeke will be suspended 6 games at some point. no matter what, because ultimately it is NFL business so to speak.
So I wonder if he could deal with the 6 game suspension & then still go after the NFL/Goodell in court for whatever it needs to be called (defamation unfair this or that.... whatever) Then it is a legal thing for courts not NFL rules. If he feels he is innocent, he takes the suspension getting him & the team past that, then goes after the NFL/Shithead for damages. He has plenty of proof of the NFL's inconsistencies on how they are treating him vs. others, who had much more actual proof against them.
I really think if all this is legally possible it should be the way he goes. Get out of the circus part of this.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know to much on the legal mumbo jumbo, but it seems to me Zeke will be suspended 6 games at some point. no matter what, because ultimately it is NFL business so to speak.
So I wonder if he could deal with the 6 game suspension & then still go after the NFL/Goodell in court for whatever it needs to be called (defamation unfair this or that.... whatever) Then it is a legal thing for courts not NFL rules. If he feels he is innocent, he takes the suspension getting him & the team past that, then goes after the NFL/Shithead for damages. He has plenty of proof of the NFL's inconsistencies on how they are treating him vs. others, who had much more actual proof against them.
I really think if all this is legally possible it should be the way he goes. Get out of the circus part of this.

Now I am just guessing because i am not a lawyer but if I am understanding it correct there is no way that Zeke can sue the NFL for defamation or anything along those lines. The power given to Goodell was collectively bargained. It was stupid of the players to agree to it. Goodell can get a phone call from someone talking about a player doing something stupid and he would have the power to suspend him if it in any way could hurt the league. I have never in my entire life heard of any union giving their employers this much power.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I am just guessing because i am not a lawyer but if I am understanding it correct there is no way that Zeke can sue the NFL for defamation or anything along those lines. The power given to Goodell was collectively bargained. It was stupid of the players to agree to it. Goodell can get a phone call from someone talking about a player doing something stupid and he would have the power to suspend him if it in any way could hurt the league. I have never in my entire life heard of any union giving their employers this much power.
not sure what it would be called in a lawsuit, but no matter how much power NFL commissioner has, if some is singled out & it costs them, a lawsuit is possible. (again dont know what the wording would be) it is the american way unfortunately. My point is. Once we get past the suspension (NFL rules) then it goes to legit legal actions, not an argument of NFL rules but Laws which the NFL doesnt get to dictate.
Again I am not a legal anyone, but I am fairly confident there is a lawsuit in there somewhere.

Its like if Goodell says Aaron Rodgers I dont want you playing so I am giving you a 10 game suspension on some trumped up bullshit. There is nothing you can do about it.
Maybe in the NFL rules there isnt anything he could do, but I doubt it stops there.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it was stupid for them to agree to it but if they fought against it 95% of the fans would say, "These players are over paid babies and need to shut their mouths". Not me, but its incredible how many people side with the owners over the players. I mean last time the owners locked them out and 95% of the fans ripped the players. That would be like showing up to go to work, your boss putting chains and locks on the doors and people calling you lazy for not going to work.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the "intelligent" parties otherwise known as the League and the Player's Association both willingly sign an agreement giving the asshole power, he has the power.

Just like the country seemingly willingly electing an complete asshat and giving him the power, he has the power.....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, McFadden is going to get the bulk of touches with Elliott out.
This has been my belief from the beginning. McFadden out performed Morris in 2016 and this pre-season. He's been held from the active roster to prevent him bring injured and Elloitt does get suspended.
I picked up McFadden as soon as I heard this news.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what it would be called in a lawsuit, but no matter how much power NFL commissioner has, if some is singled out & it costs them, a lawsuit is possible. (again dont know what the wording would be) it is the american way unfortunately. My point is. Once we get past the suspension (NFL rules) then it goes to legit legal actions, not an argument of NFL rules but Laws which the NFL doesnt get to dictate.
Again I am not a legal anyone, but I am fairly confident there is a lawsuit in there somewhere.

Its like if Goodell says Aaron Rodgers I dont want you playing so I am giving you a 10 game suspension on some trumped up bullshit. There is nothing you can do about it.
Maybe in the NFL rules there isnt anything he could do, but I doubt it stops there.

That's what he is doing now. His argument is basically that the NFL has violated the Labor Management Relations Act and the Federal Arbitration Act.

Maybe there are other arguments that could be made -- I don't know.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice is available.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what information you have but I have heard different.

1. Robert Tobias who was one of the city attorneys told USA Today that he could not conclude exactly what happened between Elliot and the woman but he believe a series of violent interactions occurred.

2. Apparantly there are text messages between Elliot and the accuser about him having anxiety on his passing an upcoming drug test. If I was to fathom a guess she was probably using that against him and probably provoked him into putting his hands on her. The provoking part is just theory on my part. I have no way of knowing that actually happened.

3. I personally think the woman is a gold digging liar who is skilled at manipulation. In other words I think she is trash. I think Elliot was stupid to put himself in that position. He got caught up in some shit that he should have walked away from. The problem with him is that he is used to people sweeping his shit under the rug and it may have caught up with him.

4. His attorneys are making the argument that they should have got to interview the commissioner as well as the people involved with the investigation. They are going to lose because they are asking for a double standard. All of the people speaking on Zeke's behalf issued afidavits but refused to be interviewed by the NFL. Hypocritical don't you think? If I as joe blow citizen can pick that up surely the NFL's high powered lawyers can.

5. Peter Harvey who was part of the NFL's external expert advisory panel actually stated that the City's attorney said he believed the accuser. No one has once disputed this.

6. The accuser lied about one incident only and
there was a total of 5 separate incidents IIRC. That has been acknolwedged by everyone and these very same people also aknowledged she was truthful about all the othe incidents. Why did she lie about one? I have no idea.

I personally do not think Zeke is a domestic abuser per se. I think he got caught in a situation and did something stupid but nothing about him suggests that he is someone that goes around putting his hands on women. I think he got provoked somehow.

I'll address two items.

By the DA saying he "Believes" is not saying Zeke DID lay hands on her.

As for only lying about ONE incident. How do you know that. Has it been confirmed? You have to remember the threatened to ruin his career, and also talked about black mailing him.

Chances are much better that she lied about more than Just One Thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my belief from the beginning. McFadden out performed Morris in 2016 and this pre-season. He's been held from the active roster to prevent him bring injured and Elloitt does get suspended.
I picked up McFadden as soon as I heard this news.
He did?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was interested to see if you were full of crap or not so I looked at a few of the most recent threads on the Cowboys board. I didn't see a single post from him.
I didn't say on the Cowboy board. Here

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time-to-fire-up-the-meme-machine-31-photos-28.jpg