• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke Elliott Reportedly Holding Out of Training Camp

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that its a lowball offer your assuming that it is. Honestly im not that worried let him sit out. I want to see what Prescott can do with the new offense and without Zeke maybe the Cowboys will move to 2019 with the new rules favoring passing without having Zeke as a hip pocket crutch to lean on.

A contract that is only top 5 RB money for a guy who is the 2nd best RB in the NFL at worst in a business where the when the top guy gets a new contract it is supposed to raise the bar for what is paid to that position is a low ball offer.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened LY means squat this year, much less what happened two years ago.

Schedules change and the teams obviously change....PHI should be in the mix for the DIV...looking at the road games alone...14 Ws is a major reach imo.

Eagles could have a historically great offense this season. I just don't see many teams on that schedule that would be able to keep up with them.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A contract that is only top 5 RB money for a guy who is the 2nd best RB in the NFL at worst in a business where the when the top guy gets a new contract it is supposed to raise the bar for what is paid to that position is a low ball offer.

That’s opinion not fact! Like I said we don’t know what the offer is. And where is it written in stone that the next guy gets a bigger contract just because he is the next in line?
The Rams overpaid for Gurley. Why should the Cowboys be on the hook for a bigger contract just because the Rams overpaid. Bell was a free agent and lost money because he refused to sign and ended up on the Jets with a smaller contract than Pittsburg offered and less $25 million in his pocket. He is an Idiot for not resigning with Pittsburgh for 1 more year.
And with the new rules in the NFL favoring passing the running back position is not valued like it was back when Emmitt Smith was playing not even like when Faulk was playing.

One reason for the rookie salary structure was to correct the overpaying of players who were just ok not stars. Zeke is a Star player but he is under contract now. If he wants to hold out let him he can play for what’s offered or pound sand until he is a FA. That is the NFLPA’s fault for shitty negotiations on the CBA.
I love the kid as a player but he is getting some seriously bad advice from his agent and will lose money that will never be recouped if he holds out when the games start.
Some will say the game does not work without players and they are correct it also does not work without owners. The cap only gives so much to go around if the players want it different then negotiate it with the owners in the new CBA until then if your under contract do your job and play.
JMHO

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s opinion not fact! Like I said we don’t know what the offer is. And where is it written in stone that the next guy gets a bigger contract just because he is the next in line?
The Rams overpaid for Gurley. Why should the Cowboys be on the hook for a bigger contract just because the Rams overpaid. Bell was a free agent and lost money because he refused to sign and ended up on the Jets with a smaller contract than Pittsburg offered and less $25 million in his pocket. He is an Idiot for not resigning with Pittsburgh for 1 more year.
And with the new rules in the NFL favoring passing the running back position is not valued like it was back when Emmitt Smith was playing not even like when Faulk was playing.

One reason for the rookie salary structure was to correct the overpaying of players who were just ok not stars. Zeke is a Star player but he is under contract now. If he wants to hold out let him he can play for what’s offered or pound sand until he is a FA. That is the NFLPA’s fault for shitty negotiations on the CBA.
I love the kid as a player but he is getting some seriously bad advice from his agent and will lose money that will never be recouped if he holds out when the games start.
Some will say the game does not work without players and they are correct it also does not work without owners. The cap only gives so much to go around if the players want it different then negotiate it with the owners in the new CBA until then if your under contract do your job and play.
JMHO

If I'm better than you, I deserve more money.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles could have a historically great offense this season. I just don't see many teams on that schedule that would be able to keep up with them.

Would you say it's a dream team?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm better than you, I deserve more money.

True. And when you are due a new deal we will talk about it. Until then you agreed to a contract for two more years so get to work.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams overpaid for Gurley. If he wants to hold out let him he can play for what’s offered or pound sand until he is a FA. That is the NFLPA’s fault for shitty negotiations on the CBA.

JMHO

Initially I thought Gurley was over paid too, when you really look at the contract, he's not really overpaid right now...knees aside, his contract was loaded with roster bonuses, he got a nice $20 mil signing bonus that the team is able to spread over the life of the contract so not really a cap killer. If his skills fall off, he can be released with minimal cap hit. I expect Zeke will have a similar deal.

The hard line stance can work if you're willing to lose games...that's the only leverage the player has, and Gordon hasn't been good enough to be that valuable so he likely will be pounding sand. Jerry wants to win and knows he needs this player to do that...if your intent is to show the player whose in control, you play hard ball. If you want to win, you figure out a team friendly contract.

The player in this case would be nuts to lose out on a yr of service...no agent worth his salt would have a player lose out on the money AND the year of service towards FA....that would be extremely bad guidance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And when you are due a new deal we will talk about it. Until then you agreed to a contract for two more years so get to work.

At the end of the day...the player knows he can be cut, (even if it's agreed upon in CBA), with the tight window to make money, they don't want to wait.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Jerry will be willing to completely throw away a season with one of the most talented rosters they have had in decades over refusing to pay the 2nd best RB in the NFL the top contract for his position. He's trying to play chicken right now but once they start dropping games without him he will fold.

Don't be so sure about Jerry folding.
Jerry has a contract offer on the table for Zeke but he is pissed that zeke is holding out after going to bat for him for his dumbass off the field incidents[/QUOTE]
Agree.....and what is Zeke gonna do, retire?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say it's a dream team?

I'd say at least offensively it is better than the 2017 offense which was part of a historically great and dominant team.

Defensively I would say they are weaker in areas but stronger in others so it remains to see how it performs in relation to the 2017 championship squad.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EZEKIEL ELLIOTTRB, DALLAS COWBOYS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports holdout Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott currently weighs in the "low 220s," which would be his lowest weight since his rookie season.
As the baseball cliché goes, Elliott is in the "best shape of his life" as he seeks a new deal. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been brave so far, resisting his lifelong urge to splurge on his in-house stars. The sides do not seem particularly close to an agreement.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team was already historically dominant in their 2017 Super Bowl run. Now they have the most talented offense in franchise history. The pieces are I place for it to be a historically great offense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team was already historically dominant in their 2017 Super Bowl run. Now they have the most talented offense in franchise history. The pieces are I place for it to be a historically great offense.
Historically dominant, how

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically dominant, how

And then after that they lost their MVP QB and still went onto win the Super Bowl in a postseason that included blowing out the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the NFC Championship Game and then in the Super Bowl they dropped the most points ever on a BB coached team in the postseason and that was done with a journeyman backup QB.

Historically dominant team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then after that they lost their MVP QB and still went onto win the Super Bowl in a postseason that included blowing out the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the NFC Championship Game and then in the Super Bowl they dropped the most points ever on a BB coached team in the postseason and that was done with a journeyman backup QB.

Historically dominant team.
PE1 is that you? :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EZEKIEL ELLIOTTRB, DALLAS COWBOYS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports holdout Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott currently weighs in the "low 220s," which would be his lowest weight since his rookie season.
As the baseball cliché goes, Elliott is in the "best shape of his life" as he seeks a new deal. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been brave so far, resisting his lifelong urge to splurge on his in-house stars. The sides do not seem particularly close to an agreement.

Of course he is going to lose weight staying up all night on Molly at those Cabo beach raves...

7jjh.gif

giphy.gif