• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zatkoff

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks

Season slipping away

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2 of the 3 were from the slot but I think he could've had both. The first went tweeters and the third over his shoulder. Both goals he had a clean view. I say we send Zatkoff down and bring up Cambell (not sure if that is possible).

Kings didn't play bad per say in either road game. This game specifically I thought they actually took it to the Rangers just no one could finish. That being said back to back losses on the road do make the future look bleak. I am not seeing a w/c birth with this current roster. If by some odd reason we make the P/O as a wild card the Kings will be out in 4.

I am all for moving Martinez of Muzzin now if we get a actual winger to play alongside Kopitar. LaDue can come up and play. Expose Gaborik and Brown in the offseason to free up space and make some other moves.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a rangers perspective the Kings played better as a whole. They really should have won this game and if it wasnt for Hank the first two periods you probably would have. As far as your goalie two goals were on TO and the 2nd goal was just a great pass and shot a lot of goalies would have missed that one. Also why did your coach wait till the last 30 seconds to pull the goalie if he did it with 130 to go and you had possession in the zone you might have been able to pull off the tie.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, The Kings always make any goaltender look unbeatable. For years now they are probably the most consistent team to look like they are dominating but lose or barely win. They probably hold the record in being SO by first NHL game goalies haha. Kings cant score, take away Carter and Pearson is the only guy on the entire roster in double digit G, the Rangers have 7

second, Trust me Zatkoff sucks. If you cant look decent with the style of play the Kings use.....your not going to be good anywhere. 2-7.....881 in LA? ya you need work

3rd, Suter never pulls a goalie early, just never been his thing. Kings usually give up the EN quickly because they cant control the puck when they have more players then the other team.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zatkoff must stay on the team. If they lose him they have to expose Quick in the expansion draft or sign Budaj for another year to expose him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings' issues go way beyond goaltending. First Rangers goal was Brandon Pirri, his 8th of the season. That's two times as many as Kopitar and Brown have this year (4 each). Budaj has played well enough, but the Kings margin of error is so slim that everything is magnified. Zatkoff is terrible, but he's far from the reason the Kings keep losing. Until Nolan's goal late in the 2nd, Zatkoff didn't have 1 single goal as support for the last 5 periods he's played (Lost 0-4 to the Red Wings). Kopitar reminds me of what happened to Getzlaf after he had his first kid, when he just fell off the map. He was in the argument as tops in the league with Crosby and Ovechkin, and then those two just left him in the dust, and he really never dominated again. I'm not going to say the sky is falling, but I would like to see more fire from Kopitar and maybe see him get angry for once. The franchise went all in on him with that contract and then giving him the "C". His response has been atrocious thus far, and the Kings are really handicapped with bringing in help because of that very contract. Kings are paying $16.5 million/year for 8 goals from him and Brown.

This 4 game slide has been really bad, and the Kings could actually consider maybe being sellers this year. Retool like the Sharks did a few years ago, and maybe try to enter a new 3-year period in a year or two.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Kings' issues go way beyond goaltending. First Rangers goal was Brandon Pirri, his 8th of the season. That's two times as many as Kopitar and Brown have this year (4 each). Budaj has played well enough, but the Kings margin of error is so slim that everything is magnified. Zatkoff is terrible, but he's far from the reason the Kings keep losing. Until Nolan's goal late in the 2nd, Zatkoff didn't have 1 single goal as support for the last 5 periods he's played (Lost 0-4 to the Red Wings). Kopitar reminds me of what happened to Getzlaf after he had his first kid, when he just fell off the map. He was in the argument as tops in the league with Crosby and Ovechkin, and then those two just left him in the dust, and he really never dominated again. I'm not going to say the sky is falling, but I would like to see more fire from Kopitar and maybe see him get angry for once. The franchise went all in on him with that contract and then giving him the "C". His response has been atrocious thus far, and the Kings are really handicapped with bringing in help because of that very contract. Kings are paying $16.5 million/year for 8 goals from him and Brown.

This 4 game slide has been really bad, and the Kings could actually consider maybe being sellers this year. Retool like the Sharks did a few years ago, and maybe try to enter a new 3-year period in a year or two.

I do agree that goaltending, while not the greatest (Zatkoff), hasn't been the issue. The Kings still have defensive breakdowns that are happening with the B6 forwards and 0 goal support. Getting down 1-0 and 2-0, the Kings don't have the personnel to make a comeback. I don't see how Quick can save this season.

As for Kopi, the issue is you are playing Dwight f'ng King on the top line. You can't play Kopi with a B6 and except his production to match. There was one or two shifts in the 3rd period v the Rangers where Kopi and Carter were on a line together and they just looked like they were flying. Makes you think, if the Kings put a actual quality winger w/ Kopitar what could happen.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CapFriendly, looks like all 4 of the Kings goaltenders (Quick, Budaj, Campbell, & Zatkoff) are eligible for Expansion Draft. So after protecting Quick, looks like any of the 3 would fulfill the requirement.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CapFriendly, looks like all 4 of the Kings goaltenders (Quick, Budaj, Campbell, & Zatkoff) are eligible for Expansion Draft. So after protecting Quick, looks like any of the 3 would fulfill the requirement.
Budaj is a UFA so he doesn't count as being exposed.
Vegas could sign him before the draft as a UFA and that would count as their pick from the Kings but not likely. They can also wait until after the draft and sign him and take another player from the Kings.
Campbell I am unsure about. Skaters must have played/dressed for 40games this year or 70 over two years. This rule may not apply for goalies.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick out until March at the earliest
Kopitar not playing well
Doughty not playing well
Heck anyone not named Carter phoning it in
Ok Budaj playing well for him.
Sigh.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Quick out until March at the earliest
Kopitar not playing well
Doughty not playing well
Heck anyone not named Carter phoning it in
Ok Budaj playing well for him.
Sigh.

HAHA and with that Kopi scores a PP goal, Doughty with the assist. Kings up 3-0 on New Jersey end of 1

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Budaj is a UFA so he doesn't count as being exposed.
Vegas could sign him before the draft as a UFA and that would count as their pick from the Kings but not likely. They can also wait until after the draft and sign him and take another player from the Kings.
Campbell I am unsure about. Skaters must have played/dressed for 40games this year or 70 over two years. This rule may not apply for goalies.

With Quck out till March, we may see Campbell swapped for Zatkoff, no real traction yet but could happen.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1f350.png
2600.png
:suds:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Zatkoff sucks and that the season is slipping away does not mean the problem is goal tending. But how many games this season have the Kings been down 1-0 with only 1-3 shots against? Seems like a lot. Budaj has been fine but doesn't seem to make the key save at the crucial time. That wouldn't matter if the lineup could score a goal but they cant. They rely on taking as many shots as possible with zero creativity most of the time. Brown is tied for 5th in goal scoring on this team, let that sink in. TT being hurt and Gabbo non-existent makes it difficult to do much but these are big boys and someone needs to step up. Kopitar has played ok, but seems to have lost the confidence this season and every play he looks like he is hesitant or makes the wrong choice.