• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zatkoff

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings needed that win, Budaj with the big save when they needed it

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Saying Zatkoff sucks and that the season is slipping away does not mean the problem is goal tending. But how many games this season have the Kings been down 1-0 with only 1-3 shots against? Seems like a lot. Budaj has been fine but doesn't seem to make the key save at the crucial time. That wouldn't matter if the lineup could score a goal but they cant. They rely on taking as many shots as possible with zero creativity most of the time. Brown is tied for 5th in goal scoring on this team, let that sink in. TT being hurt and Gabbo non-existent makes it difficult to do much but these are big boys and someone needs to step up. Kopitar has played ok, but seems to have lost the confidence this season and every play he looks like he is hesitant or makes the wrong choice.

Look at who they are asking Kopi to play with? His wingers suck so his play diminished and gives the appearance he has lost confidence. Budaj made some huge saves tonight though.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not even sure how to respond to that? is there something I don't know about them loosing more games then they have won this year? Do those not count?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at who they are asking Kopi to play with? His wingers suck so his play diminished and gives the appearance he has lost confidence. Budaj made some huge saves tonight though.

He is the C, he should be able to elevate those he plays with.....basically the same crew he has played with for 5 years

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am not even sure how to respond to that? is there something I don't know about them loosing more games then they have won this year? Do those not count?

HAHHA nah it's about believing something not true. It's from the political fun these last few days.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He is the C, he should be able to elevate those he plays with.....basically the same crew he has played with for 5 years
That team was insane, Brown elevated his game, Richards and Carter were a beast, Voynov was solid and we had Justin Williams. Kopitar can only do so much but he needs skill players around him. You can only do so much with Setoguchi (SP?), King, Purcell, Nolan as Top 6 forwards.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team was insane, Brown elevated his game, Richards and Carter were a beast, Voynov was solid and we had Justin Williams. Kopitar can only do so much but he needs skill players around him. You can only do so much with Setoguchi (SP?), King, Purcell, Nolan as Top 6 forwards.

Happy 2017 fockers.

=)~~

I agree with this statement, at first I was annoyed that Kopitar gets his $10 million and his play goes into the gutter. I looked into more, and from the analytics standpoint he is pretty much where he needs to be, this is just the worst offensive season he has ever had.

He is still controlling 3 zones, he is still the team's best defensive forward facing top competition every night and get this - he is the only forward in the NHL who leads his team in all 3 of ES/PP/PK ice time. The long and the short - he is doing it all but scoring. I balk at some contracts, and I know some of you are not in agreement that he was worth $10 million, but to me this is exactly why he was; he does it all even if it doesn't show up on the score board. Can't say the same for contracts like Brown and Gaborik which are true albatrosses.

Whenever D-White King is on the top line, you know there is a shit show going on. It's been a weird season with injuries overlapping and keeping important players out and to be hovering where they are is actually a miracle. They are not out of the race by any means, so once they get some pieces back and if they make a move at the deadline, I think they will be fine down the stretch.

Lastly on Zatkoff, he is flat out awful, which is putting Sutter in a position to overplay Budaj. At this point I think it would be best for Zatkoff to go to Ontario and let Campbell get some playing time.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Kopitar is worth his contract

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to look at the big picture and would like this team to compete for championships. The argument that Kopitar doesn't have anyone good to play with, just doesn't fly with me because his contract is the very reason that might be the case. With the cap not going up, the Kings are just really handcuffed, but this will all probably be moot if the cap just goes up.

You also have to think long term with Doughty, Toffoli, Pearson. Those guys are going to be very hard to keep as well.

I'm just questioning if you can have a competitive team with the bulk of your cap invested in a very small group.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact they keep throwing Zatkoff in there tells me they are being careful with Budaj. Management must be doubting whether Quick can even come back this year at all.

Campbell: So far, they have done a good job getting the former 1st round pick (11th overall) back on track. I give Campbell a lot of credit, he's looked good in the two Ontario games I've seen this year. But I also don't think they'll call him up just to have him sit behind Budaj for long stretches of time. Depending on the schedules of both the Kings and the Reign, maybe call up Campbell for a short period of time to get him 1-2 starts when the schedule is tight and need to get Budaj a rest. Then, send him back to Ontario for regular starts.

Best case scenario for 2018: Quick healthy, resign Budaj to be a solid back-up, Campbell continues to develop and play great in AHL, and Zatkoff lives out his contract as an AHL back-up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to look at the big picture and would like this team to compete for championships. The argument that Kopitar doesn't have anyone good to play with, just doesn't fly with me because his contract is the very reason that might be the case.

I agree with that statement also, but what we are seeing is exactly how the cap was designed. It was designed that way to force GMs to pick key core players, pay them accordingly and then try to round out a team, no different than a budget and prioritizing your expenses.

It was made to force teams to decide on players so we don't have a Detroit situation (well not now, they f**king suck again thank god finally, most of their fans are legitimate assholes so it should shut them up for another 5 years or so) where they just threw endless money on talent and became a monopoly basically, increase the talent pool hitting the market, make teams be creative trying to sign a player, control salaries and let the player have more of a choice where to go (maybe a UFA wanted to go to Florida for family reasons, but they could not afford him so he was forced to go to Detroit or something for either the same or less money for example).

You get my point, these were the rules and this outcome was inevitable the moment it came into play in 2005. I can't blame Kopitar for that, he is on par with other centers in the league who set market value in prior years. He deserves to be there too, he is easily one of the top 3 centers in the game and is paid accordingly.

With the cap not going up, the Kings are just really handcuffed, but this will all probably be moot if the cap just goes up.

That would be the best case scenario, but I'm sure GMs would find a way to screw it up as they always do.

You also have to think long term with Doughty, Toffoli, Pearson. Those guys are going to be very hard to keep as well.

I'm just questioning if you can have a competitive team with the bulk of your cap invested in a very small group.

Agreed, nice to see Pearson finally showing 1st round pick results, I had my doubts about him for the first 2-2½ years. I actually wanted him used as bait to improve elsewhere using his 1st round pick status, glad nothing ever happened. Toffoli is obviously a goal scorer, but he hits major droughts throughout the year like all goal scorers do. He is due a big raise as well, I hope the bridge contract doesn't burn LA like it has other players in the league.

Doughty is the one that scares me, he has been the best defender in the game the last 5-6 years, Norris Trophy or not. He will be hitting the jackpot on his next contract no matter where he signs, I just hope it is in LA.

If it is, say goodbye to a bunch of guys, possibly Toffoli/Pearson. Franchise defenders do not come around often, we have not had one since Doughty and that was almost 10 years ago. The dude has every leverage available to him to pretty much rake any one over the coals and all 29 other teams will be ready with a blank check.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Puck or anyone else, how does the TV contract work for the NHL compared to the NBA? NBC still airs games and they are a major network (just as ABC and the NBA). How does the NHL not have a higher cap, maybe not as the NBA but higher than it is now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar and Gaborik getting a few goals here (What a difference that makes). Very nice to see. It helps to play some soft teams, but we'll see how this team does on the road coming up. Some pretty good teams they'll be playing, especially in back to back morning games this weekend. I remember in 2010, when the Kings hadn't made the Playoffs in 10 years, it was one such road trip that made the difference. They had a great trip and set themselves up for the Playoffs.

I would have to say the East is a ton better than the West for the first time in forever. It could be argued that that started last year, but I have no complaints because I think the Kings are benefiting from it. They were allowed to have some lulls and still be in the hunt for a Playoff berth due to some down years from St. Louis and Dallas. Nashville has seemingly found its stride, but those bubble teams are teams the Kings SHOULD (optimal word) be able to surpass (Calgary/Vancouver/Dallas/Winnipeg).

Young D got some experience, and is looking like it has some depth. Toffoli supposedly coming back (Though he was expected back by early January, so...), and Quick apparently a month out (Though who knows how effective he'll be). But yeah, the stars could be aligning for the Kings.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is what makes Kopi great, he shields the puck and goes strong with a backhand pass. This also doesn't show the play he made, just prior to the goal, in the defensive zone to break up a play.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how it says "Dale Weise like it's nothing"...Dale Weise IS nothing. I was wondering WTF he was doing out there on a 3 on 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really nice play by Kopitar on that play.

How is a guy named "Dale" playing in the NHL?

If he wasn't wearing red, and you put a raccoon hat on him, he could be a frontier Frenchman/Fur Trapper.

upload_2017-2-6_15-57-17.png