• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zatkoff

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is freaking bad.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been impressive at all. Sounds like a goalie who just had a decent run (last year, Pens) but isn't a legitimate NHL caliber one. No way he outplays Quick, or even Bernier, 10 years ago after LA drafted him.

The biggest thing to me is that he hasn't made a big stop when the Kings have needed it. He has stopped the ones he should overall and also given up some weak ones but when the Kings needed one he hasn't delivered - if he stops either one of first two goals last night the Kings have some life because they looked out of whack too. I'm not going to blame him, the Kings hung him out on those two, but if he finds a way to stop even one of those goals I think the Kings are feeling a lot better about their chances.

Quick needs to come back soon and in full flight, this tandem of Budaj and Zatkoff is scary overall.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been impressive at all. Sounds like a goalie who just had a decent run (last year, Pens) but isn't a legitimate NHL caliber one. No way he outplays Quick, or even Bernier, 10 years ago after LA drafted him.

The biggest thing to me is that he hasn't made a big stop when the Kings have needed it.

It's almost like he gives up half way through a save, and it seems like he doesn't know how to make the big save.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUUUUUUUUUUUDAJ

King Mensa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when it was so bad we had to sign Sean Burke? Wonder if Roman Čechmánek or Frédéric Chabot are available in case things get worse.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Zatkoff isn't very good. But I think the Kings are in the mindset that Quick may not be back too soon. Budaj has been good enough. Don't want to burn him out in case Quick is out longer than February.

There was positive article the other day on the play of Jack Campbell in Ontario. Saw the Reign play the Gulls down here in LoCal right after Xmas. Campbell played great, giving up one goal on about 35 shots, denying many high quality scoring chances. Hope he develops into reliable NHL back-up in a year or two.