• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Teams Biggest Surprise In Camp Thus Far

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a big surprise but Ryan Shazier… He is faster than advertised. And so is Dri Archer. They make everyone look as though they are running in quicksand.

Also Stephon Tuitt… He's probably going to go down as the biggest steal in the 2nd round. He has the size and technique to start on any NFL team. He has been beating some of our best O-lineman (might not be saying much lol).

Dan McCullers… Bigger than big. The kid is mother effin gigantic. 6'7" 352… He has already shown some dominance on the 1st team O-lineman. If this kid can master his technique, he is going to be a huge problem for offensive lineman.

The knock on him coming out was more about rushing the passer, not as much being stout in the run game....is he terrorizing OL in pass rushing drills?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jordan lnych has been turning some heads at bears training camp. how the hell did he go undrafted?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot is right, he blew a golden opportunity.

I asked you in the SEA thread but maybe you can clarify here...what is the difference between Carpenter and Bowie in terms of both being fat and lazy but only one getting bounced?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jordan lnych has been turning some heads at bears training camp. how the hell did he go undrafted?

i made this up lol.. he actually probably not going to make the team. however

Thehttp://www.rantsports.com/nfl/teams/chicago-bears/ biggest concern for the bears entering training camp last week was finding a pair of safeties who can produce for them this season. Free agent signee Ryan Mundy has been the best of the bunch so far and has, for the time being, locked up the free safety position. Rookie Brock Vereen was thought to be leading the battle at strong safety, but with his inexperience and incumbent Chris Conte still out with an injury, a sleeper has jumped to the front of the pack: former cowboy http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys/ Danny McCray.
McCray was signed as a special teams ace. He played under current Bears’ special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis in Dallas and shined as a fearless gunner on kickoff and punt coverage. He was acquired to play that same role in Chicago, but was told that the safety position battle was wide open and he would be able to test his hand in it. He has been bumped up and has practiced with Mundy and the ones the past few days.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked you in the SEA thread but maybe you can clarify here...what is the difference between Carpenter and Bowie in terms of both being fat and lazy but only one getting bounced?

Hate to say it but it appears the Seahawks want to justify picking him round 1. :L normally they don't fall prey to that type of action. On the bright side he came to camp in shape this year, yeah I know....contract year and all of that, still, it's a bit of good news.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but it appears the Seahawks want to justify picking him round 1. :L normally they don't fall prey to that type of action. On the bright side he came to camp in shape this year, yeah I know....contract year and all of that, still, it's a bit of good news.

thanks for humoring me with repetition...you could have been a dick but weren't.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carpenter is a veteran and bowie is a rookie trying to make it as a starter for the first time. That's the difference. As far as I'm concerned both shouldn't be there, but they don't have an answer to replace Carpenter at this time, at least if they did I'd expect him to drop down the depth chart at a minimum.

Seahawks were serious enough to go get a veteran RT Eric Winston before letting bowie go so they aren't just handing their draft pick Britt the starting role there. I think they will be fine, but sad for this kid to work so hard to get here, get some game time due to injury last year, and then fuck it up in the off season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter is a veteran and bowie is a rookie trying to make it as a starter for the first time. That's the difference. As far as I'm concerned both shouldn't be there, but they don't have an answer to replace Carpenter at this time, at least if they did I'd expect him to drop down the depth chart at a minimum.

Seahawks were serious enough to go get a veteran RT Eric Winston before letting bowie go so they aren't just handing their draft pick Britt the starting role there. I think they will be fine, but sad for this kid to work so hard to get here, get some game time due to injury last year, and then fuck it up in the off season.

Wiz, I thought I had read somewhere that Carp has shown up to camp out of shape and not ready to roll virtually every offseason after his rookie year. Is there truth to that? That article I read was the initial reason for asking about the differences.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a big surprise but Ryan Shazier… He is faster than advertised. And so is Dri Archer. They make everyone look as though they are running in quicksand.

Also Stephon Tuitt… He's probably going to go down as the biggest steal in the 2nd round. He has the size and technique to start on any NFL team. He has been beating some of our best O-lineman (might not be saying much lol).

Dan McCullers… Bigger than big. The kid is mother effin gigantic. 6'7" 352… He has already shown some dominance on the 1st team O-lineman. If this kid can master his technique, he is going to be a huge problem for offensive lineman.

I wanted Shazier and McCullers in Dallas. McCullers is a one man run defense. Can't believe he lasted so long. Shazier is just gonna be a stud. Tuott is another stout dude

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carp was a 1st round pick and Bowie was a 7th rounder. One was expected to have a higher ceiling thereby having a higher cost in more ways than one.
That is the way it is in the NFL. The 1's are given a little more latitude than the 7's. I believe the 1st rounder has shown that he is all-in, but I say the 7th rounder was not.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Shazier and McCullers in Dallas. McCullers is a one man run defense. Can't believe he lasted so long. Shazier is just gonna be a stud. Tuott is another stout dude

toss in archer, and the upside of bryant..........good draft

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I thought I had read somewhere that Carp has shown up to camp out of shape and not ready to roll virtually every offseason after his rookie year. Is there truth to that? That article I read was the initial reason for asking about the differences.

I don't know if it has been every year, but it has been an issue with him. I personally wish they would dump his ass and be done with it. I haven't been impressed with him ever. He certainly brings nothing to the pass protection game. If they are keeping him just for the running game I have no idea why they haven't been able to find a better option that can also pass protect.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure why he wasn't drafted, but just glad the Bears got him. I forgot how well he has been doing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wizardhawk whats word on harvin?

So far so good. He has no restrictions and hasn't been babied or limited in any way.

He played in the mock game yesterday and had several big plays both receiving down field and a couple of his fly sweeps.

Still a long way until the start of the season and I'm sure all Seahawk fans will be nervous about him every damned play he is in.

Given that they lost Tate to the Lions in the off season and Rice retired just before camp, Harvin has to be a big part of their offensive plans.