• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your HONEST opinions on Janikowski!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Hauschka walk was probably the stupidest thing this franchise has ever done. It cost them playoffs last year, and nearly cost it this year.

I understand the whole thing about last year - but why did it nearly cost them this year? Seabass may not be impressive this season, but he hasn't cost the Hawks any games and they've clinched a playoff berth with a week left in the season.

Besides, Hauschka hasn't been all that much better than Janikowski this season (81.5% vs. 80% on FG, 95% to 93.8% on PATs). Also, he missed 10 PATs his last two seasons here - so there's no way of telling that the change in scenery isn't what helped contribute to his stellar season last year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Hauschka walk was probably the stupidest thing this franchise has ever done. It cost them playoffs last year, and nearly cost it this year.
Hmmmm, well that may be a bit (or a lot) strong, but I suppose it's an opinion thing. Hausch had a good fg % his last year here, but missing all those XPs and the chip shot FG vs AZ in OT lost him quite a few fans around here at the time. Hardly anyone was all that upset when he left in free agency.

The way I see it, there have been moves in the very successful PC/JS era alone worse that not re-signing a kicker. Even though his stats were actually pretty good here, I would go back in time and not make the trade for Jimmy Graham. He played reasonably well, but it worked to pull us away from the team identity of '12-'14 that we now seem to be finally getting back to (coincidentally enough after Jimmy left).

I would undo the Percy Harvin trade too. Amazing talent, 10 cent head, not worth a top draft pick and kept us from re-signing Tate. Nice KO return in the SB though, when it was already 22-0.

Drafting Malik McDowell? Wasting all that money on Matt Flynn? Picking Walsh over pretty much anyone else who was available? All of these are a lot worse than not bringing back a free agent kicker.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fat punk has played his LAST game as a Seahawk. Right Pete?
Two years in a row that FG kickers have screwed with the Season.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a fat slob do you have to be to hurt yourself kicking a field goal when your only job is to stay in shape for kicking field goals? What a fucking slob...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should not play another down in the NFL... He''s not good enough... Outside of FG attempts, it's hard to watch other team's punters/kickers make attempts to make tackles when Janiskowskis just get's out of the way... iT' cost us a game this year... Dallas saved a TD w/ /their kicker tackling Lockett... That's the difference... IT's 10 vs 11 when Seabass is out there... When opponents kickers are out there, it's 11 vs 11...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Seattle fans

Met a lot of cool Seahawks folks at the game tonight. One kid tried to get stupid mouth, but another Seahawk fan told him to zip it...kinda cool.

Refs missed a lot of calls but in the end, I think the better all around team won.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Seattle fans

Met a lot of cool Seahawks folks at the game tonight. One kid tried to get stupid mouth, but another Seahawk fan told him to zip it...kinda cool.

Refs missed a lot of calls but in the end, I think the better all around team won.

Well the Better Defense won, i'll give Dallas that, Wilson is still better than Dak And the Hawks offense is still better than Dallas offense but the Offense does not play against the other teams offense they play against the "defense".

As us Hawks fans know, DEFENSE is what wins you games and Dallas had the better defense. Played in a neutral sight or Seattle i think the hawks win 7 out of 10 times.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid career? he has had a sub par BUT LONG career thats it. Nothing solid about it unless you think a career 80% FG kicker is solid? in my book thats sub par. Dude is 40 years old i can think of a lot of kickers that if they played as long would have WAY WAY more points than he does. Dude is a wiff waiting to happen and he also is a liability not an asset on coverage AND kicking.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Janikowski is probably done in the NFL. He's had a decent long career and I bear no ill will toward the guy. I know @Screamin12th makes the point that the guy is a career 80% kicker but I think part of the reason for that is because Seabass has always had a big leg and coaches have had him attempting a lot of really long FG's throughout his career. Just like last night. A 60 yard attempt? 90% of the kickers in the league today would miss that. And it's worth noting that he missed that attempt but he had the distance. Still pretty impressive for a dude his age.

But with the couple of injuries he's had this year and his age I'm sure he's done with football.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Janikowski is probably done in the NFL. He's had a decent long career and I bear no ill will toward the guy. I know @Screamin12th makes the point that the guy is a career 80% kicker but I think part of the reason for that is because Seabass has always had a big leg and coaches have had him attempting a lot of really long FG's throughout his career. Just like last night. A 60 yard attempt? 90% of the kickers in the league today would miss that. And it's worth noting that he missed that attempt but he had the distance. Still pretty impressive for a dude his age.

But with the couple of injuries he's had this year and his age I'm sure he's done with football.

Yes he kicks a lot of long kicks, but his 40-49 yard kicks for his career is 75% That's the money range right their. between 30-49 he is at 82%.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucked, but he had a ok season. In my mind he cost the Hawks two and a shot at another one. He should never have been brought in because he has never been a kicker you could really count on. It's all done with and i think we all know he will be replaced in one way or another. Lets just hope they can find a diamond out there. I still want them to grab Jon Brown the ex soccer player that kicked the 55 yarder in preseason for Cincy. Dude is a athlete also and can run. His Kick from 55 hit halfway up the net, that damn thing would have hit from 60.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch him strike this ball. That thing just rockets off his foot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope he is taking two steps just like everyone else. His issue is he doesn't trust the holder yet so is 1-2 tenths of a second slow on his kick. Thing is he gets a TON of height on his kicks, even his long ones kiss the sky. Just needs reps.

Listen to his strike on the ball. Listen to the sound of his foot hitting the ball, he constantly makes solid contact. That is a beast of a leg. Also he kicks straight down the middle almost every time. Would like to see more kicks from outside though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like one of our 4 picks will be spent on a kicker.