• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your all-time favorite player and why

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I remember when Hamels beaned him in his first AB (or maybe it was his second game, I don't know) - talk about a douchey thing to do. Harper didn't bitch or whine a bit. He put his nose down, went first to third on a single and then fucking stole home on Hamels. That was bad ass. Fuck Cole Hamels, too.

Yea, and then he had the incident with Papelbon in the dougout

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Gehrig.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, and then he had the incident with Papelbon in the dougout

Papelshat is another gaping asshole. I mean, just look at this:

mlbf_18432699_th_35.jpg

I even disliked that twat back when I was a Red Sox fan. That stupid face he makes before a pitch. Looks like a cabbage patch kid trying to be a tough guy.

I give Harper credit for not having him sent to AAA after that bullshit in the dugout.

Reactions: TJL

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Harper is any douchier than any other 20-something who has a lot of money, fame and prestige. He seems to be a jerk to people who would be jerky to him but he does play the game to win. There's that.
Most guys play the game to win. I think all of them in the big leagues do that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I can understand lying about it.

What I have a real problem with is that he held a press conference to publicly discredit and chastise the piss collector. He even went as far as to insinuate that the piss collector may have been motivated by anti-semitic beliefs.

This is a dude that collects piss for his job - he doesn't need some fuckball giving him shit because he pissed hot.

Fuck Ryan Braun and anyone that cheers for him.
Yeah, that was a total dick move on Braun's part. Like I said he went full-on Armstrong not giving a shit who had to suffer as a result.

I will say this though, while I'm glad he was vindicated in the end about the anti-semitic bullshit Braun made up, the piss collector absolutely deserved to get fired for not mailing the shit (I mean piss) on time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Harper is any douchier than any other 20-something who has a lot of money, fame and prestige. He seems to be a jerk to people who would be jerky to him but he does play the game to win. There's that.
Most guys play the game to win. I think all of them in the big leagues do that.

I agree with everything you've said here. I also think that when you're as good as he is, there's probably been a target on his back (see the Cole Hamels beaning), which probably increases Harper's inclination to act like a douche.

I remember there was some big deal about him blowing a kiss to a pitcher in the minors after taking him yard. People were all over Harper for that. Given the way I've seen Harper play, I'd guess there's a fair amount more to that story than we heard.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a total dick move on Braun's part. Like I said he went full-on Armstrong not giving a shit who had to suffer as a result.

I will say this though, while I'm glad he was vindicated in the end about the anti-semitic bullshit Braun made up, the piss collector absolutely deserved to get fired for not mailing the shit (I mean piss) on time.

Perhaps. It's my understanding that he was following WADA piss collecting protocol and that MLB's protocol left that loophole in which Braun was able to exploit.

Then again, maybe you don't think he should have been fired and were just working in the shit/piss joke.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Raines, growing up in LA we had the Privilege of Listening to Vin Scully all the Time, and he put no team over like the Montreal Expos, especially Raines, so before I ever saw him he had become my favorite player.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. It's my understanding that he was following WADA piss collecting protocol and that MLB's protocol left that loophole in which Braun was able to exploit.

Then again, maybe you don't think he should have been fired and were just working in the shit/piss joke.
Yeah, I was mainly trying to get to use the term "piss collector" one more time but I do believe the piss guy screwed up by not sending the Fedex package on time, and therefore he should be....relieved of his duties.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett.... childhood idol. I played the left side of the infield and occasionally 1st. Was also the inspiration for that stupid ass Lourde song.
Brett%20George%20Plaque%2078_NBL_0.png

Honorable Mentions:
Ted Williams
Nomar Garciaparra
Alex Gordon
Ken Griffey, Jr.
Cal Ripken, Jr.
Ozzie Smith
A's era McGwire
'85 Royals
'04 Sawx

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Cabrera! He's the best player I've ever seen and the one the seems to enjoy it the most. I watch all the Tigers games so I see it all the time. He's always interacting with the fans, and with the other players. He's so much fun to watch on so many levels. Plus you never hear anything bad about him. A+ player all the way around.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess her name is Lorde. She had the song 'Royals' back in 2013 (radio played the shit our of it around here during the '14 WS). She said she was "inspired" to write it after seeing this picture of Brett in an old magazine.
george-brett-royals-time-magazine.jpg

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I used to think that way too, but my perspective on a lot of things has changed over the last ten years.

I've got a kid, and not that I think he'll have the talent to play professional baseball, but if he did, it would bother me to know that he would have to take something that would ultimately hurt his health in order to compete.

The belief that players automatically become Gods when they take PEDs is pretty silly. Plenty of players have taken PEDs and still suck, a guy as good as Bonds shouldn't be defined by that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chipper's my favorite.

Other players I've liked...

John Rocker
John SMoltz
Tim Hudson