• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your all-time favorite player and why

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a big fan of Keith Foulke. What he did for the Red Sox in 2004 was just bad ass. I don't think he gets enough credit for that.

Then, after arm trouble, Cleveland signed him to a $5MM/1yr contract (IIRC), and before spring training, he told the club he wasn't going to be able to pitch the way he wanted to and retired, leaving the $5MM on the table. He could have showed up, gone on the DL and collected his money. I respected the way he did that.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for my favorite player, I don't really have one. Jim Thome, and then Ryan Howard got me into baseball and they (at the time) were my favorite players FWIW

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
greatest player not to make the hall of fame

DaleMurphy_1984_150_Black.jpg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Hobbs....his Dad wanted him to be a baseball player

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out, the guys I loved growing up were jackasses in real life. Kirby Puckett and Jose Canseco.
I recall being impressed with the Bash Brothers when they were with the A's in the late 80s. Thought McGwire was pretty much a done deal for the H of F, especially when he began to assault Maris's record. Canseco just seemed like a nice guy with a great attitude. Impressions being what they were.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard for me to narrow it down to one, especially since I"m wearing a throwback Tony Gwynn jersey while typing this, I loved Ken Griffey growing up, but I'd have to say it's Barry Bonds.

Bonds all time favorite

Harper is my favorite now, along with Cano.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Lofton

He had lightning speed and could climb walls.

Lofton always seemed to show up on winning teams. Never quite figured out how he was that lucky.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard for me to narrow it down to one, especially since I"m wearing a throwback Tony Gwynn jersey while typing this, I loved Ken Griffey growing up, but I'd have to say it's Barry Bonds.

Bonds all time favorite

That is a crazy surprising mix of players.

Seems like you love the players most love to hate.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bonds all time favorite

I think Bonds got a shit end of the PED scandal stick.

In my opinion, Ryan Braun is the biggest asshole from the steroid era. Fuck that guy.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a crazy surprising mix of players.

Seems like you love the players most love to hate.

People hate Griffey and Gwynn?

I know people hate Bonds/Harper, but I've been following Harper since his HR derby display when he was 16 at the Trop, and I was in awe of how good Bonds was.

And being a lefty hitter, all those guys resonated with me.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my opinion, Ryan Braun is the biggest asshole from the steroid era. Fuck that guy.

Idc about steroids, I think they should be allowed in all sports for recovery.

Almost every AAU pitcher over the age of 15 has already had Tommy John surgery, I'm fully on the team of you should be able to use steroids to recover from injury, and stay healthy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People hate Griffey and Gwynn?

I know people hate Bonds/Harper, but I've been following Harper since his HR derby display when he was 16 at the Trop, and I was in awe of how good Bonds was.

And being a lefty hitter, all those guys resonated with me.

No, not Griffey and Gwynn, but it seems to me that Bonds and Harper are two of the most hated players over the last few decades. For what it's worth, I like both of them too. Harper seems a bit douchey, but I like the way he plays.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idc about steroids, I think they should be allowed in all sports for recovery.

Almost every AAU pitcher over the age of 15 has already had Tommy John surgery, I'm fully on the team of you should be able to use steroids to recover from injury, and stay healthy.

I don't know. I used to think that way too, but my perspective on a lot of things has changed over the last ten years.

I've got a kid, and not that I think he'll have the talent to play professional baseball, but if he did, it would bother me to know that he would have to take something that would ultimately hurt his health in order to compete.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not Griffey and Gwynn, but it seems to me that Bonds and Harper are two of the most hated players over the last few decades. For what it's worth, I like both of them too. Harper seems a bit douchey, but I like the way he plays.

Harper is douchey, I have a good friend who played a few tournaments against him in AAU ball and he said he was even a dick back then when we were kids.

Idc about that though, I care about this

090515_harper_homer_med_dqn0mvfi.gif

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, yeah they are all liars but Braun took it to another level, getting caught, somehow lying his way out of it then getting caught again. I think he studied under Lance Armstrong

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper is douchey, I have a good friend who played a few tournaments against him in AAU ball and he said he was even a dick back then when we were kids.

Idc about that though, I care about this

090515_harper_homer_med_dqn0mvfi.gif

Yep. I remember when Hamels beaned him in his first AB (or maybe it was his second game, I don't know) - talk about a douchey thing to do. Harper didn't bitch or whine a bit. He put his nose down, went first to third on a single and then fucking stole home on Hamels. That was bad ass. Fuck Cole Hamels, too.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yeah they are all liars but Braun took it to another level, getting caught, somehow lying his way out of it then getting caught again. I think he studied under Lance Armstrong

Frankly, I can understand lying about it.

What I have a real problem with is that he held a press conference to publicly discredit and chastise the piss collector. He even went as far as to insinuate that the piss collector may have been motivated by anti-semitic beliefs.

This is a dude that collects piss for his job - he doesn't need some fuckball giving him shit because he pissed hot.

Fuck Ryan Braun and anyone that cheers for him.