• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys ready for some Fitzmagic!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny text story from Fitzpatrick:
Yep ... I am looking forward to it. He is a bridge player. He'll be here a year or two. I think he'll be okay as a QB not great but I think he will be fun too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is injury free he should do well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fitz, 5-7 wins tops, likely closer to 5. In fact the rotation that we saw last year will continue. Only the names have changed.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fitz, 5-7 wins tops, likely closer to 5. In fact the rotation that we saw last year will continue. Only the names have changed.
Sty, come on now, 5 wins with Fitz? Even if we draft Lance by chance, it would likely still be 5 wins. Fitz has more moxy, experience, healthy legs and veteran leadership than anyone currently in the QB room and it will show.
Best case scenario, 9 wins with Fitz, we get in and win a playoff game after having traded up in 2021 draft to get Lance. This is how I hope things play out.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, come on now, 5 wins with Fitz? Even if we draft Lance by chance, it would likely still be 5 wins. Fitz has more moxy, experience, healthy legs and veteran leadership than anyone currently in the QB room and it will show.
Best case scenario, 9 wins with Fitz, we get in and win a playoff game after having traded up in 2021 draft to get Lance. This is how I hope things play out.
Here are my way too early predictions for the season, where do you see 9 wins with Fitz? (If they get Lance I'm hoping that he doesn't start.)
  • Washington Football Team Home Opponents
  • Dallas Cowboys: Split with these guys gets the home win (win #1)
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Get a road win with these guys (loss #1)
  • New York Giants: Two losses here (losses # 2 and 3)
  • New Orleans Saints: Loss here but could surprise (loss #4)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Loss here (#5)
  • Seattle Seahawks: Loss here (#6)
  • Kansas City Chiefs: Loss here (#7)
  • Los Angeles Chargers: Loss here (#8)

• Washington Football Team Road Opponents
  • Dallas Cowboys: Loss here (#9)
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Win this one (#2)
  • New York Giants: Loss (#10)
  • Atlanta Falcons: Get a win here (#3)
  • Carolina Panthers: Eke out a win here (#4)
  • Green Bay Packers: Loss here (#11)
  • Denver Broncos: Another win (#5)
  • Las Vegas Raiders: Toss-up and why I'm lean towards 5 wins this is the possible 6th
  • Buffalo Bills: Loss (# 12 or 13 depending on the outcome with the Raiders)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my way too early predictions for the season, where do you see 9 wins with Fitz? (If they get Lance I'm hoping that he doesn't start.)

• Las Vegas Raiders: Toss-up and why I'm lean towards 5 wins this is the possible 6th
There are a games that could push it over but you are about right as I see it

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yee of little faith Sty. Our defense will have improved with additions of Jackson, Ionman coming back and the draft. Another full year with JDR will help. We will not be swept the by gnats, no way. Couple tough losses you have may be wins (Fitzmagic). I could see 5 wins, I could also see 8-9 wins as well.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a rash of injuries I believe this team will win more than 5 games. I think 6-11, 7-10 and 8-9 are all in play. More weapons on offense including at QB and I agree with Skinz ... as long as the D stays relatively healthy they will be better this year. Remember it took almost half a season to start playing the way JDR wanted them to last year.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule is brutal. Pre-draft I have us going 7-10. After the draft is complete I might or might not change this.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule is brutal. Pre-draft I have us going 7-10. After the draft is complete I might or might not change this.
You and I are in the same number of wins area. I think 5 is too low. So many variables. What happens in the draft? Injuries?

I don't how the WTF are not improved at QB. I know some people have ragged on Fitz and I agree he is not the greatest but he isn't the worse either. He has thrown for almost 35,000 yards and over 220 TD passes. He hasn't played for very good teams. He will have a bad game from time to time but I think a couple of people are miscasting him.

We should be better at WR and the defensive backfield. Hopefully we can fill a couple more holes in the draft.

As I mentioned earlier you have most of the guys on D with a year under the belt with JDR and I think that means the D will be better, especially better than it was in the 1st half of last year.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I are in the same number of wins area. I think 5 is too low. So many variables. What happens in the draft? Injuries?

I don't how the WTF are not improved at QB. I know some people have ragged on Fitz and I agree he is not the greatest but he isn't the worse either. He has thrown for almost 35,000 yards and over 220 TD passes. He hasn't played for very good teams. He will have a bad game from time to time but I think a couple of people are miscasting him.

We should be better at WR and the defensive backfield. Hopefully we can fill a couple more holes in the draft.

As I mentioned earlier you have most of the guys on D with a year under the belt with JDR and I think that means the D will be better, especially better than it was in the 1st half of last year.

I might have been slightly generous to WTF predicting pre-draft wins at 7 when they might land on 6. I debated this with myself before posting it and said to myself, what the heck, we are going to upset some team along the way.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you but Fitz reminds me of a hitter in baseball in this way: When a hitter is hot he is hitting the ball hard which creates a lot of base hits through the holes of the infield and when a hitter goes into a slump he simply can't buy a hit. When Fitz is hot he can put together a long string of consecutive completions. When Fitz is not hot that dreaded interception seems to bite him in the butt. I just hope Fitz will give us more good consistency at the QB position.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Vegas puts our over/under win total at 8, which seems about right to me.

Hopefully the team drafts well enough to employ a ball controlling offense (think oline, rb, te) to go with a top ten defense, and not have to rely on fitz magic to pull out too many wins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have been slightly generous to WTF predicting pre-draft wins at 7 when they might land on 6. I debated this with myself before posting it and said to myself, what the heck, we are going to upset some team along the way.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you but Fitz reminds me of a hitter in baseball in this way: When a hitter is hot he is hitting the ball hard which creates a lot of base hits through the holes of the infield and when a hitter goes into a slump he simply can't buy a hit. When Fitz is hot he can put together a long string of consecutive completions. When Fitz is not hot that dreaded interception seems to bite him in the butt. I just hope Fitz will give us more good consistency at the QB position.
Yeah, I think it is a good analogy. I just don't think the team is going to lose twice as many as they win. Maybe I have my head in the sand but I think without a lot of key injuries they are in the 7-8 win area. Either of those is still a losing record. The other thing you don't know is what if you figure they are going to lose to a couple of teams that do have the injury bug and it isn't so far fetched that they win instead.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 wins now, hopefully better after the draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sure I agree with coach about Harris but I think he is all over it in regards to this team using multifaceted players to create mismatches from the slot and the backfield. Right now they have three guys they can move around in McKissic, Samuel and Gibson.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it is a good analogy. I just don't think the team is going to lose twice as many as they win. Maybe I have my head in the sand but I think without a lot of key injuries they are in the 7-8 win area. Either of those is still a losing record. The other thing you don't know is what if you figure they are going to lose to a couple of teams that do have the injury bug and it isn't so far fetched that they win instead.

Your head is not in the sand because Vegas doesn't miss too often and you're more confident in WTF's posted total wins of 8 than I am at this point. If I could get the Snyder era with so many disappointments out of my head I could easily be convinced that we might get 8 wins or possibly more but I haven't been able to do that yet. I rarely do any futures betting for several seasons which includes not knowing what might happen with injuries, suspensions, and tying up betting bankroll for too long.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your head is not in the sand because Vegas doesn't miss too often and you're more confident in WTF's posted total wins of 8 than I am at this point. If I could get the Snyder era with so many disappointments out of my head I could easily be convinced that we might get 8 wins or possibly more but I haven't been able to do that yet. I rarely do any futures betting for several seasons which includes not knowing what might happen with injuries, suspensions, and tying up betting bankroll for too long.
Snyder is always the unknowable wild card for the WTF.

I would think you'd want to stay away from a bet for total wins in a season. Too many variables that you can't control but you are much smarter about this kind of stuff than I am. Hell I bet a gal 50 cents tonight and that is big money for me. My bets with Cali were more my style. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yee of little faith Sty. Our defense will have improved with additions of Jackson, Ionman coming back and the draft. Another full year with JDR will help. We will not be swept the by gnats, no way. Couple tough losses you have may be wins (Fitzmagic). I could see 5 wins, I could also see 8-9 wins as well.
If only there was room for faith but alas, I'm not one who hangs his hat on mass hope. There's always room for disagreement, especially on a topic that's entirely speculative at this point. However, merely stating an objection is easy as it offers no exact points in which folks see wins where I've indicated losses.

That said, I challenge everyone who sees more than 5 - 6 wins to tell us which team or teams on the schedule they see as victories vs the losses that I posted.