• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yesterday

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you actually think we could get along when Romo threw a dumb INT, and I would be trying to prove that Dez/ TWill/ Witten rounded their pattern off instead of a sharp cut

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade: we got bent over again, just like last year. I just don't understand the trades we make on draft day. It's obvious we go into panic mode and throw all patience and common sense out the window when we get to that point.

what I would have done yesterday: with so many players on he board, was just wait. I would have eventually grabbed Jernigan who I think was an incredible value and I would have traded up about halfway through the 3rd to get Crichton ( If Jernigan went i would have just taken Crichton). Yes that would have cost us a 4th or 5th depending on when we acted, but I felt the real strength of this draft was in the first 3 rounds.

Lawrence: really love the player himself. We need a pass rusher desperately. Not that im an expert, but He was one of the top players I had targeted at 47. If we grabbed him there this draft would be rated an A in my book at that point and looking to take another defender in the 3rd. It all comes down to how the team had these guys ranked, not us. We need a pass rushing RDE or this D won't work. We hopefully found our 3 tech if Melton is healthy. I think Spencer could play the RDE spot if healthy, but who knows about his knee. The basic fact from what I read last noght is the team saw 3 RDEs that they liked - Clowney, Barr and Lawrence. They also had a first round grade on Lawrence. So IF THAT IS ALL TRUE I understand a little better why they did it even though I think it was poor draft management. My problem is its the same inept thinking as last year. It's like short sighted impulsive children are running our war room sometimes. But, if Lawrence is the player the team thinks then this may work out for us in the long run. I heard he already gained weight since the combine. What concerns me is a couple of the scouting reports I read on him before the draft stated that he may not be ready to start this year. I'm sure he will be ready for a rotation this year and maybe more with Marinelli coaching him up.

All in all I am not angry about this pick and am still OK with this draft. We still have 9 picks to go and for all we know the team has players they love still out there. I think we all get too hung up on who we ourselves want, when in reality we just dont have a clue about how the team has ranked guys. My guess is we got two starters out of this draft already. I don't think we ultimately would have traded up for him if we didn't think he could compete for a starting job this year. Either way,the draft isn't about this year it's about the next 5 or 10 years. If we had this many holes that was due to the inept management our team has been under since Jimmmy left, not due to trading up to get this kid.

I think it was very possible that Lawrence would have been there for our original pick. The teams that draft properly normally just stay put and draft. By trading down Jerry is constantly bypassing players. By trading up he gives away picks. The 2009,2012 and this draft were HORRIBLE. He gave up way too much for Claiborne and now Lawrence.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery loves company. As Cowboy fans, I could watch a game with any Cowboy fan. All we want to do is win.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you actually think we could get along when Romo threw a dumb INT, and I would be trying to prove that Dez/ TWill/ Witten rounded their pattern off instead of a sharp cut

LOL...yes I do. There is one of you "Romo lovers" every group!!!

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:back to you.
I often think it would be fun to have a group of use meet up for a game in Dallas. But if we can't get along here would it be wise.

You are one I'd want in that group.

I'm going to the Cowboys/Texans game if any bodys up for it. I was really hoping to be wearing a Johnny Football #2 Jersey.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gone lie I like the kid. Maybe it will be Mariota or Hunley next year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gone lie I like the kid. Maybe it will be Mariota or Hunley next year.

Its amazing the difference a year makes. Last year at this time Bridgewater and Boyd were real hot topics on here. I do think Mariotta will be very good as I do Bridgewater.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for the season to start before I give up on this season, but I don't believe we will be anything better than average. My gut is telling me 6-10 to 8-8 range. After about 4 games Think I will have a more clear view of what kind of team we are. I would like to land one of these stud QB coming out if the 2015 draft though. I still like Romo but come 2016 if this team isn't seriously contending you already have his replacement on the roster. can't wait for September.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it I try to make it clear that i'm not referring to anyone here tonight. I call my self a thug when i'm playing with my wife "bout to give you that thug passion baby" and i'm far from a thug even though i'm from the ghetto,but again most words especially when referenced in slag can be ambiguous. Just be open to the suggestion key example the N words has multiple meanings some supposedly good some knowingly bad.

There is nothing good about the use of the N-word. Stupid people use it.