• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YES!!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynamite prediction here...

Sabonis this season is averaging 18.1 points and 12.4 rebounds per 36 minutes. Zaza has never posted per-minute rates of that extent at any point in his career let alone at age 21.

I've said all along that in OKC Sabonis had his rebounding rate and FG percentage hindered by the likes of Kanter, Adams, and to a certain extent Russell Westbrook gobbling up opportunites in the paint, and whaddya know...:clap:

So far, you look to be right about Sabonis and Dipo. Of course we're what? 21 games into the season. Let's see them maintain it.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day (which beats the hell out of your track record).

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you don't get those guys...You sold off the farm without compensation. No lottery picks this year for the Lakers regardless of where they finish.

And this is why you're absolutely clueless. Sold off the farm? KCP is on a one year deal. Lopez has an expiring contract. Thye have enough to sign one max player without having to do a damn thing.

Tell me, how are the Lakers putting all their eggs in one basket, todd?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynamite prediction here...

Sabonis this season is averaging 18.1 points and 12.4 rebounds per 36 minutes. Zaza has never posted per-minute rates of that extent at any point in his career let alone at age 21.

I've said all along that in OKC Sabonis had his rebounding rate and FG percentage hindered by the likes of Kanter, Adams, and to a certain extent Russell Westbrook gobbling up opportunites in the paint, and whaddya know...:clap:

Stop trying to pretend Sabonis is anything more than a below-average player. We can play the 'stats' game all you like but you'll just end up looking more of an idiot than you usually do.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your team is going to put all your eggs in the FA basket for LeBron and Paul George next season...and will inevitably to sell off younger talent such as Clarkson, Randle, and KCP to do so.

No one is taking that Deng contract off your hands...

Oh no! My team is willing dump young talent in Clarkson, Randle, and KCP (LOL!!!) that will likely never be all stars for a shot at THE BEST PLAYER IN BASKETBALL SINCE MICHAEL JORDAN. Whatever will we do if he says no? Aw shucks. Guess we're just screwed with Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Kyle Kuzma

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! My team is willing dump young talent in Clarkson, Randle, and KCP (LOL!!!) that will likely never be all stars for a shot at THE BEST PLAYER IN BASKETBALL SINCE MICHAEL JORDAN. Whatever will we do if he says no? Aw shucks. Guess we're just screwed with Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Kyle Kuzma

They won't get rid of Clarkson. A 6th man candidate for $12m a year is damn good value.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you're absolutely clueless. Sold off the farm? KCP is on a one year deal. Lopez has an expiring contract. Thye have enough to sign one max player without having to do a damn thing.
Tell me, how are the Lakers putting all their eggs in one basket, todd?

By assuming a top free agent will sign with them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worst case scenario the Lakers stay exactly the way they are. Ingram, Ball and Kuzma are a hellova good young trio.

The Lakers aren't quite a playoff team but they're not too far off, even in the West.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario the Lakers stay exactly the way they are. Ingram, Ball and Kuzma are a hellova good young trio.

The Lakers aren't quite a playoff team but they're not too far off, even in the West.

I'm all in on Ingram he is going to be a big time star

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Ingram he is going to be a big time star

He's a second year player who isn't even old enough to buy a beer yet. He's also more than doubled his PPG and has become more confident going to the rim.

If he eats a few more Whoppers and gains more strength, and also gains a bit more confidence in his jump shot, this kid is a sure lock for the all star game in the future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. The Lakers are actually in a very good spot, imo.

They are showing themselves to be a talented young team playing a fun style of basketball. They have an up and coming young coach to lead them. They finally appear to have stable leadership in the FO. There's a lot to like about this franchise that hasn't existed since Dr. Buss died.

As Shaqdaddy pointed out, worst case scenario, they still aren't able to land a top FA or 2 and stay pretty much the same. A talented young team that will continue to develop under an up and coming young coach.

I think the majority of us Lakers fans will be happy with either outcome.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are showing themselves to be a talented young team playing a fun style of basketball. They have an up and coming young coach to lead them. They finally appear to have stable leadership in the FO. There's a lot to like about this franchise that hasn't existed since Dr. Buss died.

As Shaqdaddy pointed out, worst case scenario, they still aren't able to land a top FA or 2 and stay pretty much the same. A talented young team that will continue to develop under an up and coming young coach.

I agree -I think the Lakers are in a pretty good spot. I don't really want them to sign LeBron James, but as long as they don't give up their core of young players - which next year should be Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Nance, Clarkson and most likely Randle. I don't know how the Lakers are going to get rid of Luol Deng, but if they do a buy out, then that would count on the salary this year and they would be free next year and have more money under the space.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you'll just end up looking more of an idiot than you usually do.

I'd kinda like to see that. Personally, I don't think it's possible for him to look like more of an idiot that he usually does.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was still Jim Buss in charge, you would have a point, but in case you haven't noticed, Magic Johnson is in charge and well recognized. Even if a the biggest agent doesn't want to sign, there will still be some really decent players willing to sign

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this might be a Marv Albert thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your team is going to put all your eggs in the FA basket for LeBron and Paul George next season...and will inevitably to sell off younger talent such as Clarkson, Randle, and KCP to do so.

No one is taking that Deng contract off your hands...
Don't have to really - by the end of the season, if the Lakers have decided to keep Randle and not trade him off to dump Deng, then they can negotiate a buy out. Here is how that works. They pay Deng one lump sum and it counts toward the cap this year. Next season going into the free agent, his salary will no longer exist. If you do the math on Hoopshype.com - that 18 millions comes of the books and that 51 million drops 38 million leaving the Lakers a minimum of 62 to 67 million if the cap remains around 105 million. That was how the Miami Heat signed LeBron and Bosh and then resigned Wade that one year.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My prediction is that you'll get one of the two FA's you're pursuing...And it's not LeBron James.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*8-15.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you want to do some trash talking, I think we can all agree that the Lakers are winning another title before Denver or Indiana win their first one.