• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yea.....so Bo actually did talk to Miami

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM and Irule, I finally was able to rep you for the chat. LOL at mashed potatoes and others wondering WTF I'm talking about

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twas a good chat.......and as you guys can see I'm still alive. That crazy girl didn't murder me.

Oh, and I repped ya back

kick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya Never Know

Ya Never know whats going on behind the curtain. It could be all about publicity

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Steve Sipple just now........

A pack of reporters -- as many as 30 or more -- will converge on Bo Pelini after Friday's practice, Nebraska's first since last week's loss in the Big 12 title game.

What will Bo tell the masses?

It's hard to say. But what I say is this: Get used to it.

Miami won't be the last school to try to lure Pelini. He's young (turns 43 next week). He's one of the nation's foremost defensive gurus. He's building confidence as a head coach. He's performed an excellent and rapid fix-it job at Nebraska. Although his values are a nice fit in this part of the country, it's not like he has deep roots in this state.

While many Big Red fans grouse about coming up just short in back-to-back Big 12 title games, most folks outside the program are very impressed with how far Nebraska has progressed since the 2007 season ended with a 5-7 record. In other words, Miami's Kirby Hocoutt probably isn't the only athletic director with Bo on his short list. And yes, based on what I've heard in the last 48 hours, there's little doubt Bo's on Hocutt's short list.

So, maybe we won't have to get used to other athletic directors coming after Bo -- maybe he'll take the Miami job. Bottom line, I'm keeping an open mind about the situation.

Pelini's current base salary is $2.1 million. A source told me Miami would be willing to pay $3 million. I always chuckle when I hear folks say "Pelini's not about the money." Granted, he's not ALL about the money. But he's very competitive and he's like anyone else: He deserves a salary commensurate with the inherent expectations and pressures of the Nebraska job.

Pressure? What pressure? The Huskers are 10-3, with a great chance to go 11-3, and a lot of fans have a negative opinion of the season. And perhaps you noticed next season's rigorous Big Ten schedule, which begins against Wisconsin (away) and Ohio State (in Lincoln) and ends with road games at Penn State and Michigan and a home game against Iowa.

Stay tuned. If Pelini has no interest in the Miami job, he should make that clear tonight, for the program's sake, so everyone can move on. If he doesn't squash the speculation tonight, well, gird for a tense weekend in Husker Nation.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that, kick......I kinda posted that at the exact same time you made your very first post here.

Welcome to SportsHoopla!!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, Kick. sit back, look around and enjoy your SportsHoopla time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple really.

Either Bo Pelini or Tom Osborne need to come clean on the situation.

1. T.O. may have given permission since he released the statement that he hadn't 'given permission' to Bo to talk with anyone about coaching vacancies. So he needs to address any updated info.

2. If Bo is doing this without seeking permission from T.O. it is a fireable offense.

I don't see Bo getting the Miami job because I don't think he'd get along with Donna Shalala.

The Florida job is a different situation though if he comes into the mix there. Mullen, considered the front runner by many, has released a statement he's not interested in Florida...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, this is a good opportunity to get the fans and media to back off of Bo a bit and appreciate the first 10 win regular season since 2001.

Sure there were some bumps in the road and some things that need fixing prior to 2011.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Schad from disney tweeted Bo Pelini to Miami isn't happening..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKA Miami offered Pelini and he turned it down...........as predicted

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the only concern is whether or not Pelini talked to them without TO's permission

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually to look at it again he doesn't have to seek permission, just notify..

Section 10. Discussion of Other Prospective Employment; Resignation.

"(a) Unless notice of termination of employment has been given to Coach in accordance with Sections 13 or 14 of this contract, Coach shall not engage in discussions or negotiate, directly or indirectly, concerning Coach’s prospective employment by any other employer without first notifying the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics of such discussions or negotiations."

It's odd that T.O. used the term permission..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L at people only believing things when they are in the paper...

Que? :confused:

Everything that was in the paper was 100% true. Bo talked to Miami, their offer wasn't good enough.......that is how it works. You say "no" after they offer you, not before they offer you.

There was no paper that said Bo was leaving, and nobody here said Bo was leaving.