• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 12/8-12/10 (2018 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost has his first big official visit weekend this weekend and it IS a big one. One thing of note, don't be too fixated on some of the ratings but instead look at the speed. Frost is concerned with speed and there's a ton of speed on the list this weekend... plus some QB stuff.

Adrian Martinez (4-Star, QB) [Fresno, CA] - Martinez is one of the highest ranked Dual Threat QBs out there right now and is currently committed to Tennessee... though that doesn't hold for long. He also was Frost and Co's first offer on the Saturday night that Frost was announced as the new HC at Nebraska. While it is true that Martinez suffered a torn labrum causing him to miss much of his senior year he is still highly sought after and would likely be ranked even higher than he is currently had he produced senior film. Martinez "might" visit another school next weekend but he is for sure going to sign on Dec. 20th. Nebraska seems to be the team to beat at this point and I could see him committing on his visit this weekend. Chance of a commitment this weekend? 85%

CJ Smith (4-Star, S) [West Palm Beach, FL] - Smith has a list of suitors a mile long and Nebraska got in with him specifically because of Frost's hire a week ago. Smith, a highly regarded Safety out of Florida took a visit ti UCF in November and has no more visit plans because he's taken all of his other visits (Oklahoma, Ole Miss and South Carolina). At this point one could say that Nebraska has the advantage but Oklahoma and Florida are right there as well. Chance of a commitment this weekend? 30%

Joshua Fleeks (4-Star, ATH) [Cedar Hill, TX] - Fleeks is a current Baylor commit that new RB coach Ryan Held talked into visiting this weekend. Nebraska would love to get Fleeks to commit but he will be a tough pull from Baylor. He's got speed to burn and is a perfect WR/RB hybrid for Scott Frost's offense. Chance of a commitment this weekend? 15%

Jeshaun Jones (3-Star, WR) [Fort Myers, FL] - Jones is a three sport star from Florida and has a bevvy of offers to choose from he has been on visits to Maryland, Iowa State and Tennessee so far so Nebraska will get one of his final two visits prior to the end of the season. Jones at one time was considered a Tennessee lean but the coaching shake-up definitely changed things. Nebraska and South Florida seem to be the hottest on his trail this week and the Bulls could be the team that reels in that last visit. Chance of commitment this weekend? 20%

Jaron Woodyard (3-Star, WR) JUCO [Arizona Western College] - Woodyard is another one that could be on commit watch this weekend. This JUCO receiver has been one of the hottest JUCO commodities in recent months and it's mostly because of his speed. Woodyard is also conisdering Maryland, Syracuse and previously visited UCF early in the year. He would be bring immediate break away speed to Nebraska's offense and special teams. Maryland is probably the biggest other player here as he's originally from there. Chance of commitment this weekend? 60%

Justin McGriff (3-Star, TE) [Tampa, FL] - McGriff is a match-up nightmare as a stretch TE in Frost's spread system. He is currently committed to UCF but with the entire UCF staff shifting to Nebraska it seems this visit is merely a formality. McGriff stands at 6'5" and over 210 lbs and he can run. He is the third highest ranked player in UCF's current recruiting class. Chance of commitment this weekend? 90%

Greg Bell (3-Star, RB) JUCO [Arizona Western College] - Bell is quite possibly the most intriguing visit of the weekend for me personally. He has a very low rating on 247 and Rivals (3-star on one, 2-star on the other) but has offers from major programs like Utah, Nebraska and Tennessee as well. He was once commited to Louisville but opened up his recruitment in October. Bell, once again, has speed to burn and would be home run hitter. Utah is a big threat for Nebraska here as he visited them on the 24th but the Huskers could get a steal with Bell this weekend if he decides to pull the trigger? He got a Tennessee offer the day they announced the hire of Pruitt as HC as well so he could visit the Volunteers next weekend prior to making a decision. Chance of commitment this weekend? 50%

Bonus - Terry Wilson (3-Star, QB) JUCO [Garden City CC] - Wilson was supposed to be on campus this weekend but Nebraska had him hold off until Martinez left campus. I'm not sure if Nebraska would take two QBs in this class but they definitely could. Florida and Kentucky have offered though so it's not like Wilson doesn't have options. Wilson was also once committed to Frost at Oregon as well. IF Nebraska is able to wrap things up with Martinez this weekend I could see Wilson visiting as early as this coming Sunday. If Wilson gets an offer (he currently doesn't report one) I expect him to commit.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could see anywhere between 2 and 4 commitments from this weekend.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Anthony Williams off.... apparently he isn't visiting this weekend.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @Footballnut for the work you do.

Correct me if I am wrong.

To me it seems, when Riley came in, he tried to hang onto all the recruits, Frost is going all new. Or else there is not as much news about Frost trying to keep the current recruits committed.

I am old and not a recruitnik other than I search twitter(if i am in the mood) for their feeds to see what else they have on there.

I have always said that in college speed wins more games. Of course, to get over the hump you need a good to great O line and a good to great D line.

Two months of recruiting insanity.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s pretty ridiculous having these Visits set inside of a week on the job. My biggest reservation with SF was recruiting, so now I need more reservations, jerks

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost has talked to and visited almost everyone that's committed already... Not as many recruits committed now as with Riley and his transition.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting Crystal Balls coming in for players visiting Nebraska....

CJ Smith got a Crystal Ball to Nebraska from Michael Bruntz today

Also a lot of movement on Justin McGriff AND Jaron Woodyard

As well as a BIG run of CBs coming for Nebraska for Adrian Martinez...

Smith is a bit surprising to me but we'll see, would be a huge add

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also pinned his Nebraska offer in a tweet...

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a lot of activity on twitter other than that from the visitors, will let you know if I hear anything

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATES:

Adrian Martinez - Loved his visit, I've heard that he plans on committing but wants to tell the Tennessee coaching staff in person this week. I think this happens fairly quickly and could even still happen today or tomorrow.

CJ Smith - No Update as of yet

Joshua Fleeks - The least likely to commit... his former HS head coach coaches at Baylor. Nebraska gave it their best shot though and we'll see what happens.

Jeshaun Jones - No update as of yet.

Jaron Woodyard - Woodyard had a GREAT visit, no news yet but we'll see. Think it could come still today or maybe this week.

Justin McGriff - Another one touting a great visit, surprised we haven't seen a flip yet, could still happen. There's really no recruiters on UCF's side to shore things up yet either.

Greg Bell - Loved his visit but still wants to do one more visit before making a decision... Either Nebraska or SEC bound it seems.

Terry Wilson - Wilson committed to Kentucky after Nebraska didn't offer him and asked him to visit later due to Martinez's interest.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he did! Very impressive pull, kind of came out of nowhere. Good player, physically looks the part as well.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive offer list on CJ Smith.

Beat out Alabama, Florida, Michigan, LSU, and Oklahoma plus some others. I hope he has gotten faster and his vertical jump gets better.

Still, an impressive pull.

February 7, 2018 is National Signing Day. Which is the earliest they can sign, unless, is this early signing thing in effect this year?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive offer list on CJ Smith.

Beat out Alabama, Florida, Michigan, LSU, and Oklahoma plus some others. I hope he has gotten faster and his vertical jump gets better.

Still, an impressive pull.

February 7, 2018 is National Signing Day. Which is the earliest they can sign, unless, is this early signing thing in effect this year?

In effect this year, but my understanding is it's not completely binding until February.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honas is a absolute 100 percent must get