• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Push (Recruiting)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has 19 commitments and can sign as many as 26 (doubt they get that many). Here's the final "push" players they are looking at.

1. Nick Gates: 4-Star OT (Gates has long been a target for Nebraska and it seems to be wrapping up in a good way for the Cornhuskers. Gates just confirmed to Scout.com that he cancelled his official visit to UCLA after an in-home by Bo Pelini last night. Nebraska seems to be in the driver's seat for this one though Gates has not officially announced a commitment. He has long been the top OT on Nebraska's board. Other Schools: Oregon, Texas A&M) Chances of landing: 80%

2. Raymon Minor: 4-Star ATH (Raymon Minor is one of the best athletes left on Nebraska's board and has long had a good standing relationship with Nebraska. Minor has been considered a major Virginia Tech lean for most of his recruitment but there is a reason why he hasn't committed to them yet. There is a certain pull to get out of the state and discover himself. Nebraska could play into that. One concern with Minor would be academic qualifications but Nebraska has taken chances on great athletes before (Marcus Newby, Charles Jackson) and would this time too. Virginia Tech's class is close to full as well. Other Schools: Virginia Tech, Marshall, Miami) Chances of landing: 30%

3. Mikale Wilbon: 4-Star APB (Wilbon was committed to Vandy but James Franklin's departure caused him to reopen his recruitment. Wilbon visited Nebraska the next week and had a fantastic visit. Other suiters were Missouri and Penn State but both teams already have multiple RB commits in their classes and Missouri has already told Wilbon he's out. This will come down to signing day likely between Nebraska and PSU, I like Nebraska's chances.) Chances of landing: 60%

4. Kalen Ballage: 4-Star ATH (Ballage had been the #1 RB recruit for Nebraska but as been supplanted by Wilbon. Nebraska would still take Ballage but it sounds like his visit to ASU all but locked things up for him. Ron Brown will likely be out to see him with Bo Pelini for one last ditch effort. Other Schools: Arizona State, Michigan State) Chances of landing: 20%

5. Kenyon Frison: 4-Star OT (Frison came onto Nebraska's radar late and has recently decommitted from Utah and looked into other teams. Nebraska wants Gates first but might take Frison as well. Other Schools: Arizona State, Oklahoma) Chances of landing: 45%

6. Kevin Bronson: 3-Star DE (Nebraska has been working on the explosive DE from Florida for quite some time now and their work has paid off. Bronson bumped Florida for a visit to Nebraska on Jan 31st but he will be visiting Va Tech this weekend. It's hard to get a read on Bronson too much but he has a really good relationship with Rich Kazinski which bodes well for Nebraska. Other Schools: Virginia Tech, South Florida, Rutgers, Florida) Chances of Landing: 40%

7. Lloyd Tubman: 4-Star DE (Tubman is currently committed to Penn State but has been looking around a bit since O'Brien left. He visited homestate school Kentucky last weekend and O'Brien will try to solidify his commitment this weekend when he visits Penn State. The Huskers are likely in the market for 2 DEs in this class considering they lost Slade to MSU a while ago and Suttles before he was even on the team last year. Combine that with Avery Moss likely not coming back into the fold and the Huskers are down 3 scholarship DEs. Joe Keels was a good filler for Moss but the Huskers would like Bronson and Tubman to fill in for the losses of Suttles and Slade. Other Schools: Kentucky, Penn State) Chances of Landing: 33%

8. Jaquez Parks: NYR QB (Nebraska is in the market for a second QB in the class and Parks could be the guy. I don't want to go into all of it but this ARTICLE should explain why Nebraska is looking at him. Parks' recruitment is a bit odd but word is he likely will receive an offer and visit. Other Schools: Air Force, Chattanooga, Army) Chances of Landing: 80%(if offered)

9. Jamiyus Pittman: 3-Star DT (Nebraska wanted a DT in this class and would have liked it to be Clinkscales but they will take Pittman too. The 3-Star DT is currently committed to UCF but has offers from Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Arkansas and others. Seems like a home body but if Nebraska can get him to visit all bets are off. Other Schools: UCF) Chances at Landing: 45%

10. Kweishi Brown: 3-Star JUCO CB (Nebraska is likely full at CB but would take Brown if he wanted to come. Looks like Brown is going to ASU but he has yet to announce. Other Schools: ASU) Chances of Landing: 10%

Others Names of Note: Corey Avery (RB), Desean Blair (WR), Taurus Phillips (RB), Spencer Williams (DE)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nebraska lands Gates, Wilbon, Parks and maybe Pittman. Hope they land Tubman but will be tough to tell until he actually visits and I really can't tell with Bronson.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it'd be nice to get another DE...

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates looks like he will commit.

Adam McLean class of 15 is a big DT any info on him nut

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates looks like he will commit.

Adam McLean class of 15 is a big DT any info on him nut

Going to be a battle to get him but he likes Nebraska a lot. Right now he's a Michigan State lean but there's tons of time. Check out Carlos and Khalil Davis from the Missouri area, big twin brothers on the inside. They are very good, not as freakishly athletic as McLean but close. Both ran 4.6 forties at the underclassmen Army combine.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like qualification issues have ousted Nebraska from Minor's list. Marshall and Va Tech are his final two... wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Marshall, easier to get entrance.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it odd not to be able to fill all scholarship allowed?

Just wondering, I know the late decommits hurt, but was just wondering how often it happens to Huskers and is it common at other schools of NU's caliber?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska tends to save a couple of scholarships to award to walk ons who have earned them. Not sure if other schools do this.

Not need to give a scholly to a player that is not needed just to fill the spots.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I officially sent in my letter of interest to Bo Pelini in hopes that he will award one of the leftover scholarships to me. In the letter, I wrote:

Coach,

My name is Jack_John_Mark, but you can just call me JJM. I can run really really really fast en sech. I also once caught a pass from Joe Ganz in the Rec Center. He threw it really hard.

I have connections to the Husker Football program. I know iruletheskool, who knows a LOTTTT of people on the Red Sea Scrolls. Some of these people have some serious inside information.

It is my understanding that some scholarships have opened up as some boys are just not ready to be men. I am a man. I'm not 40, but I did once drink 10 beers, smoke a joint, and take 2 ambien in one night. I'd like to see how many men can do that.

My vertical leap in High School was 30 inches at one point......the same length as the longest shit I've ever taken. I'll bet if I think real hard about it I can jump that high again.

Please just give me the fucking scholarship. Fer the love of God.

Thank you for your consideration,

JJM

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska tends to save a couple of scholarships to award to walk ons who have earned them. Not sure if other schools do this.

Not need to give a scholly to a player that is not needed just to fill the spots.

That was understood, just seems they are having hard time filling with kids that do have potential, be a 2 star or 4 star. As I'm sure many know, some 4 stars are duds, some 2 stars turn into good gets.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question we historically take less than we can each year. Last year we were 2 scholarships short of 85 (so 5 short of what we could take). The only class Pelini has filled was the 2008 class. As for this class failing to fill it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, if we fill it all the way we will only have 14-16 spots for next year's class, if we don't fill it and give some senior walk-ons scholarships instead we can get up to 20-22 scholarships for the 2015 class, and with the amount of talent we're in on for 2015 it's best to not fill this class with average talent and save spots for next class.

This would be one of the few times I would hope Pelini stops at 23 or so commitments and saves some room for 2015 class.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks nut, have better understanding and makes sense.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like qualification issues have ousted Nebraska from Minor's list. Marshall and Va Tech are his final two... wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Marshall, easier to get entrance.
What position was Minor projecting at for us?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NUT

any word about tez parks the other GA qb that getting a late push. was wondering bc he ran the wishbone didn't know if we take him as a qb or ATH

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We offered Tez but not the other Parks.

Beck says he wants him to play QB.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure Tez's offer is committable at the moment. The other Parks could receive an offer soon, he's on the OP. See - Jaquez Parks.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other QB we might offer is 2-Star Pro-Style QB Jeff George Jr. from Indiana. He's the son of former all-pro QB Jeff George.