• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees $230M team humiliated at home, ousted, Braves decide who can/can't celebrate

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how they keep up with all their names and alternate names. One works fine for me. Same name i had forever on cbs.

And, for that, I appreciate it.

And, to that, and, if it means anything, I used to be: bigdmgr.

I changed it, as, I never intended that to be my screen name. I just screwed it up at signup there in 2004 I think, and, never did anything about it.

Like most, you will probably say you made the name / poster connection, but I noted just in case.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you did not see or hear, Carlos Gomez is suspended for today's game.

McCann & Freeman only got fines.

I heard, fair or not can be debated

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did it say how many jerseys actually sold over what time period?
if it's from the past 10 years, ortiz and jeter should top the list.
if it's from the past 10 weeks, mariano rivera and clayton kershaw should be #'s 1 and 2.

i'm really surprised that people would buy robinson cano jerseys knowing full well he's leaving.

Good question about the time period.

MAYBE Yankee fans think buying enough Cano jerseys will convince him to stay. That's the best explanation I can come up with at the moment.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question about the time period.

MAYBE Yankee fans think buying enough Cano jerseys will convince him to stay. That's the best explanation I can come up with at the moment.

And, if you missed it, these are post All Star game sales.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be time for the night shift to begin, as I am OUT!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres walkoff! Padres walkoff!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb_a_yankees_mb_600.jpg

Despite baseball's highest opening-day payroll at $230 million, the Yankees failed to claim one of the 10 playoff berths. The Yankees lost for the eighth time in 11 games and were eliminated from contention for a playoff berth on their own field for the first time since 1991.

Meanwhile, the Braves continued their heavy-handed ways last night with the Brew Crew.

McCannBlocksHomeGomez.gif

Video here: Benches clear after home run in Braves-Brewers | For The Win

Brian McCann's antics are tired already. Gomez was obviously being a dick, but come on. Who does McCann think he is and what is it he's protecting? The Braves and their righteous indignation is old. Standing 10' out in front of home plate, blocking it sot he runner can't go past? Gomez should have decked his ass.

Yankees out

:clap: :suds: :10:

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the whole showing up the pitcher by just standing there after hitting a homer is getting very old as well. Your job is to hit a home run... Act like you've done it before! Hit it and run the bases. I can see why the Braves were pissed. However McCann wasn't too bright, he was in the post season, don't do anything stupid to possibly get suspended.... Gomez is not worth it

agree, need more catchers to start doing this...or pitching to the ribs more.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its cool bigD.....guess its been taken care of.....ill just stay where i guess tiger fans are suposed to post....in the AL central thread.....

thought is was the Detroit Tigers thread, getting confusing...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago on CBS, when people really started to get banned with regularity, I had 1/2 a thought to keep an excel spreadsheet of poster names, sort of famly tree style, to keep all the names and players straight.

I never did, as, well, it would have been a lot of work, and I am lazy like that.

But, I wonder how big of a file that would have been, and, I wonder if any one person/poster would have reached 100 alts?

???

well, I happened to keep "friending" new ID's, once they got "banned", their name would have a big line through it in my "friends" list...I had at one point about 75 of MiamiVices IDs, then he and his aliases cried about it and got that name banned just because of all the fake Id's listed on it....

It was rather a great and entertaining move...better than a spreadsheet, because everyone could see it.