• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wyoming vs Nebraska game thread

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightbourn need a lot of help with his punting. I know he's young, but I know high school kids who can out punt him. I don't know if our ST guru actually works with him or not, but his form is all over the place.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im guessing he just started working with him as the primary.

edit But yeah he is bad.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about another plus from today...for the first time since November 14th of last year, we got through a game without getting a targeting penalty :yes:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forgot about another plus from today...for the first time since November 14th of last year, we got through a game without getting a targeting penalty :yes:

Don't jinx us. The officials may have been so upset because they didn't have a targeting penalty to call that they threw the ridiculous flag on Gerry, and ignored the fella throwing the ball back at Gerry.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope you guys are watching the Oregon vs Virginia game.

Don't worry, I heard taking Nyquil can help you sleep through the night.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched the entire game. We are going to run it down their throats like punching through a piece of paper. We need to run, run, run, and then run the god damn ball some more. Virginia's creating gaping holes in their defense the likes of which I have not seen in a long long time.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post here much, but I read often...... I gotta say, that @OregonDucks guy is a little "rapey".

I watched the Orgeron/Vagina game and I'm not impressed.

@OregonDucks, you rapey little troll, I hope you enjoyed the past decade or so of being soooooo lucky that Phil Knight has donated $300m to your shitty little school. The dude is getting old, dementia will soon kick in, and before you know it he'll lapse into his childhood memories where he'll be reminded of how absolutely shitty the ducks are and how they have never, in the 100 years of their existence, won a natty. The money will stop flowing, and the recruits will stop committing.

The days of Oregon are over. They're good, yes, but they'll never be GREAT! We'll beat you by one point, and you'll stew for years about why in the fark you went for 2 on your first touchdown and failed. Because you're a tool, that's why.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna struggle in the punt game this year. Sam Foltz was just so good. I feel bad for Lightbourn because he's stepping into a role where he's trying to fill HUGE shoes.

I hope some people realize today that Lightbourn's fake punt was not a call from the sideline. The option is always there to take off and run with it and he thought he saw a wall of blockers and that Wyoming was far enough downfield.

It was a rookie mistake.

I did not mind the fake punt. I watched the TV. I thought he could make it.

I am sure he has the green light when at the 50 or so to do that, and they probably specifically do a rugby punt there for that very reason. He wasn't supposed to run on that play, but I bet it has been practiced.

Now, opposing teams know that there will not be any more fake punts. In theory.

Lightbourn's punting needs to improve. He is punting about 35 yards. The ball then will bounce back towards Nebraska. Something is wrong when a highly recruited punter is being out-punted by two punters from the Group of 5 schools, Fresno State and Wyoming.

This $400,000 Special teams coach needs to prove why he is worth it. So far, he was gifted Demornay Pierson El, Sam Foltz, and Drew Brown. He has recruited a really small long snapper, who is actually good at snapping, and a punter that is not doing Nebraska any favors.

About the O line. Knevel needs to improve a lot. He is whiffing on his blocks. He looks like he thinks the other guy is going to automatically run into him. Uh, no, he is going to try to get around you. I think I might consider throwing someone else in there.

All of the skill players are playing as expected. I really like the new Langsdorf wrinkles with the tight ends. Ozigbo should be the starter.

Defensive front line is still good against the run. Royce Freeman will be a big test. No pass rush, still, but some more blitzing at least.

The linebackers are showing improvement, but Nebraska is about to find out if they can cover these fast dudes out of the backfield.

The D backs I knew were the strength coming into the season, and they still are. Jones, Kalu, and Kieron Williams are all good. Remember Eric Lee and Avery Anderson coming in, they are not seeing the field. #8, #10, and #26 are making a lot of plays. All three were recruited by the previous staff.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post here much, but I read often...... I gotta say, that @OregonDucks guy is a little "rapey".

I watched the Orgeron/Vagina game and I'm not impressed.

@OregonDucks, you rapey little troll, I hope you enjoyed the past decade or so of being soooooo lucky that Phil Knight has donated $300m to your shitty little school. The dude is getting old, dementia will soon kick in, and before you know it he'll lapse into his childhood memories where he'll be reminded of how absolutely shitty the ducks are and how they have never, in the 100 years of their existence, won a natty. The money will stop flowing, and the recruits will stop committing.

The days of Oregon are over. They're good, yes, but they'll never be GREAT! We'll beat you by one point, and you'll stew for years about why in the fark you went for 2 on your first touchdown and failed. Because you're a tool, that's why.

OD is a troll, don't let him get under your skin. He is pretty harmless. Hopefully, OD and Brasky can go at each other, that will be entertaining.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jest remember the more confident OD is the more likely we are going to win. It's looking real good now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska net punting is 126th out of 128 teams

Net punting - 24.63 yards.

Nebraska is ahead of North Texas and Utah State

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is a troll, don't let him get under your skin. He is pretty harmless. Hopefully, OD and Brasky can go at each other, that will be entertaining.
Yes but he's epically funny in his meltdown threads and for that I like him. Two things I saw yesterday - Gerry has a streak going of one 15 yard USC per game and those are sketchy, and the Huskers would have been without a Head Coach in many games today with the ejection of a Coach after two USC penalties - that is if Pleeney were still in Lincoln.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically remember in fall camp after Foltz died the coaches saying that Lightbourn could punt the ball really far so they were working with him to punt the ball high and "not quite as far".

Not sure what they were seeing.

Kid's got the toughest spot on the team though. I feel for him

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And be honest, those WYO unis are sick-nasty good looking