• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE draft rules

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Lucha Dragons and the Wyatt Family are listed as individuals and not under groups/tag teams. Guess those are strong indications they're getting broken up

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Lucha Dragons and the Wyatt Family are listed as individuals and not under groups/tag teams. Guess those are strong indications they're getting broken up
Doubt it, will just add to the suspense of the possibility of them breaking up, but I see them getting drafted to the same brand as each other.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone with a manager has one listed except Brock Lesnar. Maybe Heyman as a GM of who'll obviously pick Brock 1st? Either that or they'll play up the distinction between an advocate and a manager..

Also no UT or HHH on the draft lists even though Lesnar is there as a partimer.

The New Day are a three man group but Styles and the Club are separate picks

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone with a manager has one listed except Brock Lesnar. Maybe Heyman as a GM of who'll obviously pick Brock 1st? Either that or they'll play up the distinction between an advocate and a manager..

Also no UT or HHH on the draft lists even though Lesnar is there as a partimer.

The New Day are a three man group but Styles and the Club are separate picks
I thought I heard New Day is not listed together.

Which makes me think all these tag teams will eventually be drafted to same brand as neither have any solo momentum.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the NXT Part.

IMHO. They should have wwe guys get drafted tomorrow and haave a special "entry" draft on the network on Saturday night for the NXT roster

Each brand gets 5 picks and smackdown starts

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Which makes me think all these tag teams will eventually be drafted to same brand as neither have any solo momentum.
New Day are listed as a tag team but a GM can breakup a team if they want by picking a single member

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meltzer wants (doesn't think) Bischoff and Sonnen to be the GM's.

Pretty sure its already been announced that Bryan is going to be the Smackdown GM.

Also, something I have found interesting is that they've been using Cena at the end of the WWE USA Network commercials, instead of Reigns. Probably has something to do with Reigns being suspended, but there are reports that McMahon has soured on Reigns.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than I am pretty sure Cass and Enzo are getting split up. Lucha dragons were separated a while ago, we dont even know if they are the same wrestlers that started.

Pretty sure the bottom line is Steph gets Raw, Shane gets Smackdown and HHH keeps full control of NXT and eventually there will be an invasion when NXT gets strong enough again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The GMs are announced on the first segment of Raw tonight per WWEs Twitter account.

Probably HHH for Raw and Bryan for SD but still crossing my fingers for Angle or Heyman

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than I am pretty sure Cass and Enzo are getting split up. Lucha dragons were separated a while ago, we dont even know if they are the same wrestlers that started.

Pretty sure the bottom line is Steph gets Raw, Shane gets Smackdown and HHH keeps full control of NXT and eventually there will be an invasion when NXT gets strong enough again.
And they try to do the invasion angle correct this time?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meltzer wants (doesn't think) Bischoff and Sonnen to be the GM's.

Pretty sure its already been announced that Bryan is going to be the Smackdown GM.

Also, something I have found interesting is that they've been using Cena at the end of the WWE USA Network commercials, instead of Reigns. Probably has something to do with Reigns being suspended, but there are reports that McMahon has soured on Reigns.

I use to despise Cena, but since Reigns recent push, I gladly welcome Super Cena back into the face of the company. Maybe its simply because he has put in his time, or he just simply isn't nearly as bad as Reigns. But Reigns made me miss Super Cena.... :shocked:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'll see an NXT Invasion angle, plus NXT is a full fledged touring brand now so they need to put all their effort and focus on that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lucha Dragons just announced via a Facebook live stream that they are entering the WWE Draft as singles competitors and that their tag team is done. This was pretty much expected as they were never announced as a team in the Draft listings yesterday.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what happened to end Raw, I think it's pretty clear who Raw and Smackdown will select with their first picks.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who gets the starts doing the a hip swivel. WWE Champion?
I think last night will be the excuse to create another heavyweight title. I say Ambrose keeps the WWE title and Shane drafts him to Smackdown. Steph drafts Rollins to Raw. Ambrose will pin Reigns at Background, which means that Rollins and Steph will proclaim that since he didn't lose, he deserves his title. Thus the reintroduction of the WHC.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what happened to end Raw, I think it's pretty clear who Raw and Smackdown will select with their first picks.
Disagree. The 1st two picks could be Cena and Lesnar. Then Ambrose and Rollins will get drafted. Could happen. Although, WWE hasn't said Smackdown gets the second pick yet. Remember Raw get 3 picks for every 2 by Smackdown.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. The 1st two picks could be Cena and Lesnar. Then Ambrose and Rollins will get drafted. Could happen. Although, WWE hasn't said Smackdown gets the second pick yet. Remember Raw get 3 picks for every 2 by Smackdown.
I just don't see the top 2 guys in the business right now not being the first 2 off the board. I also don't see them giving Raw the first shot at the first 2 picks. Especially since the draft is being held on Smackdown.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the top 2 guys in the business right now not being the first 2 off the board. I also don't see them giving Raw the first shot at the first 2 picks. Especially since the draft is being held on Smackdown.
Top two by what definition? Cena and Lesnar are still WWE's biggest drawing stars. Lesnar potentially getting popped for a failed drug test MAY have impacted his place in the draft and then again WWE may not care yet. Who knows what WWE will do with the order of the draft. Heck there's even been speculation in the rags that Finn Balor maybe the #1 overall pick and he's technically still in NXT.

Raw will either get the 1st two picks or picks 3 & 4/4 & 5. The 3 to 2 ratio dictates back to back picks by Raw most of the time.