• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE 2016 Royal Rumble Thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be a mark and post it! One of the greatest Rumble moments of alltime! Even if he ends up on Main Event in a few weeks it was all worth it.. The theme is perfect too..

Yeah crowd loved it.

Not sure why WWE would sign him into a huge contract and put him on those wasteless shows of Main Event and Superstar.

He should be on RAW immediately and be in a big storyline.

When will the freaking Management listen to the fans and see what they actually like.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah crowd loved it.

Not sure why WWE would sign him into a huge contract and put him on those wasteless shows of Main Event and Superstar.

He should be on RAW immediately and be in a big storyline.

When will the freaking Management listen to the fans and see what they actually like.

I was exaggerating with the Main Event reference but ADR got a huge contract and then was put in crap angles and feel like just another midcarder. And he actually fits the WWE portotype more closely than Styles does.I hope they prove me wrong though

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH winning is fine. It's not like there were many options out there. If the roster were healthy, fine, I'd say complaining about HHH burying people is warranted. But with the way it is, there's nothing wrong with it. Reigns winning isn't an option since it'd kill any kind of story to push to WM. A lot of the newer guys like Owens aren't quite ready yet to sell WM. Brock winning would just be a rematch of last year for WM. When you go down the list, there just weren't many options. It was either HHH winning or HHH helping someone else win (like a Jericho heel turn or something). When you look at it from WWE's perspective, which is trying to sell WM, it makes the most sense to have one of your biggest names out there.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH winning is fine. It's not like there were many options out there. If the roster were healthy, fine, I'd say complaining about HHH burying people is warranted. But with the way it is, there's nothing wrong with it. Reigns winning isn't an option since it'd kill any kind of story to push to WM. A lot of the newer guys like Owens aren't quite ready yet to sell WM. Brock winning would just be a rematch of last year for WM. When you go down the list, there just weren't many options. It was either HHH winning or HHH helping someone else win (like a Jericho heel turn or something). When you look at it from WWE's perspective, which is trying to sell WM, it makes the most sense to have one of your biggest names out there.

Then Why not Have Sami Turn? Like Austin the fans won't see it coming
Why not have Styles win it? Creates a good storyline for AJ right off the bat
Wyatt?
Sheamus?
Ziggler?
Corbin?

The list goes on and on

As a great Prophet once said "Anyone but you HHH, Anyone but you"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Why not Have Sami Turn? Like Austin the fans won't see it coming
Why not have Styles win it? Creates a good storyline for AJ right off the bat
Wyatt?
Sheamus?
Ziggler?
Corbin?

The list goes on and on

As a great Prophet once said "Anyone but you HHH, Anyone but you"

None of those guys would sell WM. Wyatt possibly but definitely not the others.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think it's HHH EGO. There are Wreslters back stage that have more talent then HHH has in his pinky. But still HHH Wins

:gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that seemed like a huge wasted opportunity by the WWE. Eliminate Sheamus then that left the 3 and the WWE had the perfect chance to turn either heel..damn a wastes opportunity to me

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was putting together the ending I would have had Reigns and Brock in there at the end with Triple HHH and the League of Nation. The League and Hunter take out Brock then turn to Reigns. Everyone's ready for them to jump Reigns when Triple HHH smiles and applauds Reigns. Hunter and the League all jump out over the top rope giving Roman the win before coming back to celebrate.

Now you're setup with Reigns as your top heel going into Mania with an ending no one would have seen coming before hand. You could do Roman vs Brock or Brock vs Triple H for Mania now. You could even have Roman feud with Ambrose and the return of Rollins would be interesting with Reigns pretty much now in his old spot as the Authority guy.

Full control though I'd have done this same ending only with Bullet Club debuting and giving Balor the title. He then becomes the top heel and the Balor Club the top heel faction. The smaller Balor being protected by his bigger stable mates would get him red hot as a heel the baby faces should be able to beat but just can't touch.

The WWE would never had done that this year though. They want to sale over 100k Mania tickets and needed a top star to win this year. I'm ok with that being Triple H. I just wonder now who does he face at Mania? Brock or Roman? Honestly Brock vs Triple H sounds like the bigger draw, but the WWE seems hell bent on making Reigns a star despite the fact he's shown nothing yet to suggest he can ever be at that level.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Reigns turn would have been awesome. However, they will continue to try and push the stale babyface of Reigns down our throats just like they did Cena. Do they seriously not realize this guy is getting the same treatment Cena did by the fans? The only difference is...at least Cena can work the mic.

Reigns would be a great heel. You could limit his talking and have a manager or The Authority talk for him and just have him destroy people. The guy already gets plenty of boo's.

Then you go into WM with possibly a rematch with Brock (Who will draw) and a heel Reigns with the Authority in his back pocket.

I completely forgot as the Rumble was ending that this is the BIG WrestleMania in AT&T stadium, where WWE is going for all sorts of recrods.

With that being the case, I was expecting other drama or surprises to unfold at the Rumble, and it never happened. We got like 15 minutes of Diva action that I could care less about. Charlotte vs Sasha Banks for the next 10 weeks? Ok.......

The only stories that seemed to even maybe develop was Ambrose vs Owens, or Owens vs Sami. Lesnar vs the Wyatt's.....And of course the Reigns vs Authority feud.....but that was it.......

So for the biggest WrestleMania of all time, we have.........................

a Diva match.
Triple H vs Reigns (Which has been basically the top feud the last 3 months)
Kevin Owens vs Ambrose (Already been going on)
Brock Lesnar vs Wyatt's

Wow...........that there looks like a Cyber Sunday PPV card and not THE WM.

I am assuming The Undertaker will make his final WM appearance this year, but that guy has got to be so old that they probably wont start his storyline until 2 weeks out this year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a mess. Why would the wyatt family just re enter the rumble to get rid of Lesnar, but then just leave Bray alone, and if they really want lesnar vs wyatt, why didnt Lesnar go back in and eliminate Bray? Longest in the ring were (technically Reigns, didnt count) Jericho and Styles. Someone please break someting of kevin owens already.....

HHH now holds the title that he basically said was nothing but a title he put around a puppet, I am starting to think that either Rollins is not rehabbing well or the white power ranger is coming back as a face. I guess the League of Nations will now protect him, I guess thats why they did not have a french canadian in the group. Trips did not look good, Vince looked better than triple H. His moves were pretty bad, but the one thing that came to mind was trips being crowned 14X champ. Wonder if he ends up losing it, then winning it back, setting up two 15X champs in a match to get to Flairs record. Cena might be ready by summer slam.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I would have taken anyone over Reigns. Loved how the crowd boo'd him and cheered for Trips....I wonder how that made Vince feel. His star baby face vs the enormous heel of Triple H and the roles were reversed with the crowd. That screams Reigns is an epic failure.

2.....Brock Lesnar should still be in....he was eliminated by guys eliminated from the Rumble. He wasn't eliminated by Bray or anyone else still in the match. So I sure as Hell hope WWE doesn't forget this and just move on. I mean if that is a rule that anyone that has been eliminated can come back and eliminate someone then its the stupidest rule in wrestling....So I Hope WWE comes back to this.

Also, with how big of a flop reigns is amongst the fans, maybe this sets up for Triple H vs Seth Rollins at WM....Rollins is a 10x better face than Reigns, and the crowd actually likes him and will appreciate him even more coming back from injury. Assuming of course Rollins is healty by WM.

NO! It screams that WWE creative is an epic failure. But most of us already knew that!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! It screams that WWE creative is an epic failure. But most of us already knew that!!!
Well yes their creative team is awful. But for the higher ups to not realize Reigns is just plain bad, is evidence they also are a failure. they literally created Cena v2.0 with Reigns. Of all the shield members, he was the one who needed the most work, yet they pushed him as the big star.... :L

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes their creative team is awful. But for the higher ups to not realize Reigns is just plain bad, is evidence they also are a failure. they literally created Cena v2.0 with Reigns. Of all the shield members, he was the one who needed the most work, yet they pushed him as the big star.... :L

Vince is the only higher up that matters and he's the head of creative. Reigns isn't bad, creative or lack there of has made him look bad. I'd put more blame on Reigns if this wasn't the umpteenth time creative has done this!!! All wrestlers have strong and weak points, the key is to accentuate the good and hide/downplay the bad. WWE creative stinks at this. Paul Heyman in ECW was an expert at this, yet he's NOT part of WWE creative and instead is just a manager. Blaming Reigns/the wrestler for not getting over is ignoring the bigger picture.

WWE creative has failed to produce any new top of the card stars in years. They keep trying to put over this stupid theory that any reaction is good even if it's not the one the company wants from the fans (See Cena, John as the primary example of this). If WWE creative was any good they'd be able to make the fans cheer widly for Reigns or Cena for that matter whether we really wanted to or not. Bottom line they can't and this all starts with the head of creative Vince K McMahon. The same goes for booing a heel too. They also stink at reading fan reaction and running with it (See Bryan, Daniel as the primary example of this). New day is now getting a lot of cheers and that's not what a heel should get. WWE creative if they were good should fix that but they won't because they can't!!! Is that the New Day's fault, NO!!!!!!!!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of Mark Henry and Swagger winning the preshow to get into the Rumble, if they aren't going to last more than 2 minutes combined?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince is the only higher up that matters and he's the head of creative. Reigns isn't bad, creative or lack there of has made him look bad. I'd put more blame on Reigns if this wasn't the umpteenth time creative has done this!!! All wrestlers have strong and weak points, the key is to accentuate the good and hide/downplay the bad. WWE creative stinks at this. Paul Heyman in ECW was an expert at this, yet he's NOT part of WWE creative and instead is just a manager. Blaming Reigns/the wrestler for not getting over is ignoring the bigger picture.

WWE creative has failed to produce any new top of the card stars in years. They keep trying to put over this stupid theory that any reaction is good even if it's not the one the company wants from the fans (See Cena, John as the primary example of this). If WWE creative was any good they'd be able to make the fans cheer widly for Reigns or Cena for that matter whether we really wanted to or not. Bottom line they can't and this all starts with the head of creative Vince K McMahon. The same goes for booing a heel too. They also stink at reading fan reaction and running with it (See Bryan, Daniel as the primary example of this). New day is now getting a lot of cheers and that's not what a heel should get. WWE creative if they were good should fix that but they won't because they can't!!! Is that the New Day's fault, NO!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed....

But part of the blame falls on Reigns, as he really hasn't done much to improve his in ring capabilities, or really taken the time to develop his mic skills. Everything he says on the mic seems and feels so forced.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of Mark Henry and Swagger winning the preshow to get into the Rumble, if they aren't going to last more than 2 minutes combined?

:shrug:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't the WWE past needing one match to sell the main event? They have enough intriguing story line possibilities that they IMO could just throw shit at the wall for the title and it wouldn't matter...just listen the fans reactions. The fans gave them the WM lineup just during the PPV

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince's ego too!!!

Vince allowed Reigns to do a ton to him, there is still an end game. Its most likely Vince telling Reigns HHH can beat him anywhere anytime after it was a lame move from behind that had HHH push Reigns over the top rope.

If anything, I cannot believe they are really planning to waste rock in a match with the Usos against the new day. Maybe one of the usos gets hurt again and its a 3 on 2, but even that is not fair. Rock should have confronted trips about the Reigns deal and they should have put the belt on ambrose or Jerico so HHH would fight rock at wrestlemania.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....

But part of the blame falls on Reigns, as he really hasn't done much to improve his in ring capabilities, or really taken the time to develop his mic skills. Everything he says on the mic seems and feels so forced.

Again, though, creative should recognize this and fix it.

Once upon a time, many wrestlers got over by never speaking a word. Kamala. Missing Link. George the Animal Steel.

These guys had managers who spoke for them and were basically the evil muscle who backed up the hated manager. A guy like Jim Cornett or Jimmy Hart or Bobby Heenan could take a guy like Reigns and make him into a top heel in any promotion at any time.

Brock Lesnar can't cut a promo about eating ice cream but he doesn't have to because Paul Heyman is an evil genius on the mic.

Again, it's all about accentuating the positive and hiding the negative and WWE has miserably failed at this in the case of Roman Reigns.