• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE 2016 Royal Rumble Thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to start with this tidbit

12523053_10156487141590578_5449366592111494189_n.jpg

30-Man Royal Rumble Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title:
Announced Match Participants:
Roman Reigns, Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title:
Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose (c)

WWE United States Title Match:
Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (c)

WWE Divas Title Match:
-Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch
WWE Tag Team Title Match:
-The New Day (c’s) vs. The Usos
Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match on the Kickoff Show. The Winners of the match earn a spot in the Royal Rumble Match:
-The Dudley Boyz vs. The Ascension vs. Jack Swagger and Mark Henry vs. Darren Young and Damien Sandow

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any real chance WWE doesn't somehow screw this up? Here are my predictions:

Swagger and Henry: With this being possibly Henry's last RR, I can't see them leaving him out.
The Usos: Sadly this is just the WWE thing to do.
Charlotte: I think they want her at Wrestlemania as the champ.
Del Rio: I hope it's Kalisto, but I don't think WWE will give him the push he deserves.
Ambrose: I think he wins, tho this is the exact kind of match Owens should dominate at. I think they have bigger plans for Owens going forward.
HHH: comes back, wins the rumble, goes to WM the champ to face Reigns.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they set up Styles vs Bryan for WM I'll consider it the greatest Rumble of alltime

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Batista for speaking his mind.

I'd take anyone but Reigns to win it this year.

I think we may see a surprise Daniel Bryan entrance, he makes it to the final 2 or 3, then gets screwed by someone, setting up a good rivalry with him going into WM.

God my gut tells me Reigns wins it which I don't want.......

So if Reigns isn't the winner then probably Styles.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Batista for speaking his mind.

I'd take anyone but Reigns to win it this year.

I think we may see a surprise Daniel Bryan entrance, he makes it to the final 2 or 3, then gets screwed by someone, setting up a good rivalry with him going into WM.

God my gut tells me Reigns wins it which I don't want.......

So if Reigns isn't the winner then probably Styles.
It's pretty much a 3 man race. Reigns, Lesnar, HHH. No one besides them is winning.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you think of a Styles/Balor set up?
That's a dream match too. I'd love to see it but I'm not sure they'd go with two main roster rookies in a one match. I'm really intrigued in what their plan is with Styles. I have no real idea but I hope it's huge

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a dream match too. I'd love to see it but I'm not sure they'd go with two main roster rookies in a one match. I'm really intrigued in what their plan is with Styles. I have no real idea but I hope it's huge
I think Balor is more likely than Bryan at this point just because of their reluctance to let Bryan back. Balor/Styles makes so much sense with the whole Bullet Club tie in. Plus it's not like these guys are green in the ring. Both are in the handful of best wrestlers in the world. I have no doubt, if they gave them ample time, they would put on probably the match of the year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once cool Rumble result might be for The Authority to screw both Lesnar and Reigns, leading to HHH getting the win. This somehow results in a three-way match for the belt: Reigns/Lesnar/HHH...with Vinny Mac as guest referee.

Surprised to see Batista lashing out and slamming WWE. I though he and HHH were pretty tight and it's not like Batista's career has gone in the tubes since his last exit from WWE.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once cool Rumble result might be for The Authority to screw both Lesnar and Reigns, leading to HHH getting the win. This somehow results in a three-way match for the belt: Reigns/Lesnar/HHH...with Vinny Mac as guest referee.

Surprised to see Batista lashing out and slamming WWE. I though he and HHH were pretty tight and it's not like Batista's career has gone in the tubes since his last exit from WWE.

I think HHH winning is what WWE is leaning towards with someone potentially screwing Lesner. The Wyatt Family with how they attacked Reigns and Lesner perhaps or Owens.

Batista's win was largely a waste of time. It just came at the wrong time when Bryan was on such a high that the crowd wasn't going to be happy with anyone else. He was likely promised the belt and then, well we all know what happened.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH man, I would LOVE for Triple H to win the Rumble/Title. The IWC would break.
I think having HHH win is a poor plan, but it fits the story. Mania has too long been ran by 1 and dones and part timers. It's time to let the kids run the assylum. Give these guys who bust there ass every day, all year a shot to show what they have on the big stage. It's the best thing WWE can do. Not run HHH, Sting, Taker, Rock, etc out there every year.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one who lost respect for Bautista. It sounded like to me like he wanted to run the show and WWE wasn't allowing that. That is what happened with NWO and it ruined WCW. Bautista winning RR was a big waste of time because he cried and left because they didn't treat him like he wanted.

Now, to my predictions

30-Man Royal Rumble Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title:

I have Brock Lesnar winning to set up rematch at WrestleMania. I don't care who wins as long as it is entertaining.

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title:

The Miz will get involved somehow. Not quite sure which way he will turn. If he remains heel (I think he is a heel) he will help Owens. If he turns babyface, he will help Ambrose.

My predictions he stays heel and Kevin Owens wins. This could be a great match.

WWE United States Title Match:

Even with League of Nations, I think Kalisto wins. I think League of Nations will ruin this match though. I would hate to see a DQ.

WWE Divas Title Match:

I think Charlotte wins with help of Ric. Will be worse than the boring part of the RR match (everyone has a boring part).

WWE Tag Team Title Match:

I am a fan of New Day. They are great heels. Sometimes they get too cartoonish, but they are excellent at the cocky role. But I can see WWE giving the Usos the push. Usos win.

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match on the Kickoff Show. The Winners of the match earn a spot in the Royal Rumble Match:

I can see Jack Swagger and Mark Henry winning based on them being big. I don't see the appeal of the Ascension except they want to give them a push. Dudleys is possible because they have a big name. Sandow and Young will be good individuals in RR.

I think if they were giving Dudleys or Ascension the win, it would be on the card and not preshow, so I am predicting Swagger/Henry

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having HHH win is a poor plan, but it fits the story. Mania has too long been ran by 1 and dones and part timers. It's time to let the kids run the assylum. Give these guys who bust there ass every day, all year a shot to show what they have on the big stage. It's the best thing WWE can do. Not run HHH, Sting, Taker, Rock, etc out there every year.
HHH winning would be terrible for business, that's why I like it. Proves HHH ego is still strong and well within the company.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

HHH winning will not be as good as when Vince beat Stone cold in RR, and since HHH is playing that same role now, it will be compared to that, IMO. It doesn't matter if he was a former superstar and make more sense. It was more entertaining when Vince did it.

And I agree with your second point. They use attractions too often. I think it is time for Reigns to become the face of WWE, at least until Cena can prove he can last a year without being injury prone. He has improved a lot on the mic. Not saying he is great on it, but he is far better than what he was a year ago.

I would like to see these factions get different belts as well, like Evolution and the DX Army did. New Day and Wyatts would be good to have multiple titles.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

HHH winning will not be as good as when Vince beat Stone cold in RR, and since HHH is playing that same role now, it will be compared to that, IMO. It doesn't matter if he was a former superstar and make more sense. It was more entertaining when Vince did it.

And I agree with your second point. They use attractions too often. I think it is time for Reigns to become the face of WWE, at least until Cena can prove he can last a year without being injury prone. He has improved a lot on the mic. Not saying he is great on it, but he is far better than what he was a year ago.

I would like to see these factions get different belts as well, like Evolution and the DX Army did. New Day and Wyatts would be good to have multiple titles.

I'd love to see the Wyatts screw Lesnar at the RR and set up a feud into Mania. I think the Wyatts need to win this one tho. Every year it seems like he gets a big feud, but then loses. Let him win this one over Lesnar, even if it takes the whole family to do it.

They have a ton of young talent to work with, even with the injuries. Give Reigns, Owens, Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt, Breeze, Balor, Corbin (who I think should be in the RR and be made out to be a bad ass), New Day, Kalisto, Stardust, Barrett, Neville, Rusev, Sheamus. Let these guys be the main guys and put on the show.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the Wyatts screw Lesnar at the RR and set up a feud into Mania. I think the Wyatts need to win this one tho. Every year it seems like he gets a big feud, but then loses. Let him win this one over Lesnar, even if it takes the whole family to do it.

They have a ton of young talent to work with, even with the injuries. Give Reigns, Owens, Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt, Breeze, Balor, Corbin (who I think should be in the RR and be made out to be a bad ass), New Day, Kalisto, Stardust, Barrett, Neville, Rusev, Sheamus. Let these guys be the main guys and put on the show.

I see the appeal to Wyatts screwing Lesnar at Royal Rumble, but I think if Lesnar wins RR, then revenge would be a good story line at WM. I would not like to see Lesnar or Reigns get screwed. I would like to see actual finishes.

I do agree that Lesnar (and Heyman's voice) feud with Wyatts. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wyatts screw Lesnar in a minor PPV before WM to set up the feud.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the appeal to Wyatts screwing Lesnar at Royal Rumble, but I think if Lesnar wins RR, then revenge would be a good story line at WM. I would not like to see Lesnar or Reigns get screwed. I would like to see actual finishes.

I do agree that Lesnar (and Heyman's voice) feud with Wyatts. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wyatts screw Lesnar in a minor PPV before WM to set up the feud.

After Raw and the Wyatts attacking him, you have to set the feud up now. Revenge makes no sense because Wyatt isn't the champ. However, the Wyatts being the reason Lesnar loses the RR sets up an amazing feud into Mania.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a spoiler thread for the Royal Rumble for those who want to post results or talk about results of the Royal Rumble. Royal Rumble spoiler thread

I don't want the "official" thread to have spoilers for those who don't want them, but I like talking about results of stuff.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a spoiler thread for the Royal Rumble for those who want to post results or talk about results of the Royal Rumble. Royal Rumble spoiler thread

I don't want the "official" thread to have spoilers for those who don't want them, but I like talking about results of stuff.

Smart