• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE 2016 Royal Rumble Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't demolition more of a fuck you to the Road Warriors because they kept turning Vince down? That's the feeling I got from their documentary is that they refused to go to WWE until Hawk wore out his welcome. Even then, demolition could pull off that gimmick. They need to put Ascension with the outcasts for whatever they call that group with Bo Dallas.

Yes, I agree it was a fuck you to Hawk and animal, which is why the whole ascension deal really confused me from the start, especially when they were two flabby guys, one looked more like the rock and roll express dude. I mean, he got it right teaming the barbarian and the warlord, those two kicked some ass, but demolition were clearly a fan push that hated NWA.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have the face paint and shoulder armor in NXT. All of that stuff was added when they went up to RAW. It was a dumb choice as it instantly made them look like Legion of Doom clones. They were just 2 intense guys with a very physical style down in NXT. They really just need to drop the paint and get a manager that can talk for them.

Oh, like I said I never watched them in NXT. But damn who is the creative staff would've decided to even remotely mimic the LOD with those, let alone let them be those characters but then make them look like just normal dudes on WWE network shows.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree it was a fuck you to Hawk and animal, which is why the whole ascension deal really confused me from the start, especially when they were two flabby guys, one looked more like the rock and roll express dude. I mean, he got it right teaming the barbarian and the warlord, those two kicked some ass, but demolition were clearly a fan push that hated NWA.

I don't know if you've seen the Road Warriors documentary but that is the way Animal portrayed it. They even used their good friend as part of Demolition. Creative just seems so weird, at least since I was a kid you rarely seen anyone get over using another stars gimmick. Look at the break out stars recently all have been unique in their own ways but they want Reigns to do the Cena like they tried Luger being the new Hulk Hogan.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ascension is easily the worst tag team in years. Social Outcasts are way better...and that's just sad.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ascension is easily the worst tag team in years. Social Outcasts are way better...and that's just sad.

I just don't get the whole Heath Slater thing, what am I missing. I've seen him in at least two groups as the leader since I started watching again and he is always on every WWE network show, are they trying to push him or something.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the whole Heath Slater thing, what am I missing. I've seen him in at least two groups as the leader since I started watching again and he is always on every WWE network show, are they trying to push him or something.
my guess is he is the Zack Ryder, only he kisses the asses of those who need their asses kissed.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for Slater but I love the #SocialOutcast
New Day vs Social Outcast has potential for a good feud.
The problem for both or at least the Outcast is it seems very likely the WWE is building to a Bullet Club debut at some point after Mania, and that will likely take over as the top group on the show. It's been 20 years now since the nWo.... That's crazy to me that it was so long ago now. I have no problems with WWE pulling a bit of a nWo with the Bullet Club. A group of international stars coming in to takeover the WWE and over throw the Authority. This is another big reason to turn Roman because he could be the guy they have to through.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for Jack Swagger either but why is he touted as the All American American if he is a mid carder when there is a league of nations. Either drop the gimmick, have him join them or feud with them. I say do an actual storyline that involves him that leads to a Survivor Series match, but that's takes creative to write for more than PPV to PPV.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for Jack Swagger either but why is he touted as the All American American if he is a mid carder when there is a league of nations. Either drop the gimmick, have him join them or feud with them. I say do an actual storyline that involves him that leads to a Survivor Series match, but that's takes creative to write for more than PPV to PPV.

We the People!!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We the People!!!

Love him or hate him, fans at least cheer for that. Build it up to a put up or shut up PPV. They have 30 PPV's, they can afford to waste 40 minutes a week and one under card match on seeing if he can get over as a face with a heel anti American faction.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love him or hate him, fans at least cheer for that. Build it up to a put up or shut up PPV. They have 30 PPV's, they can afford to waste 40 minutes a week and one under card match on seeing if he can get over as a face with a heel anti American faction.

Agree!!! It seems like a no brainer to have the All-American American take issue with a heel anti American faction. Well, unless your like WWE creative and have NO brain!!!