• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU, the ONLY Big12 team

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jake_Trotter [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]464970893488558080[/MEDIA]"]8h[/ame]
West Virginia the only Big 12 school w/ more than one player drafted in first three rounds.

Sims goes to Tampa and Will Clarke to the Bengals in the 3rd round.

My lawd boys, Do we have to do EVERYTHING around this conference?!?!? :noidea::bullshit::scratch:

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just for fun, anyone care to guess off the top of your head who the lead recruiter was for Clarke? (DONT CHEAT AND SEARCH FOR IT)

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin the guy who took over for Trickett....can't think of his name.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Johnson,

at one time one of the worst recruiting hires we ever made imo. Perhaps I was wrong...:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So… did Clarke become a 3rd draft pick because of coaching?

Did he become an NFL draft pick because of his genetics?

The worst defensive staff in college football gets what credit?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So… did Clarke become a 3rd draft pick because of coaching?

Did he become an NFL draft pick because of his genetics?

The worst defensive staff in college football gets what credit?

We could always give the credit to..... Luck :whistle:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the excuse of losing due to a lack of talent..........

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
Game of attrition... When the starters get hurt there are no backups. That's why you get 85 scholarships, so you have... Oh hell, you won't get it even if I explain it...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is there, coaching not so much.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mark, I was going to explain that you need talent at all levels of your program, not just among your starters. The difference between WVU and elite programs is that the elites have DEPTH. WVU, is a tampon. We have one string and when they get pulled out they go down the toilet!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is there, coaching not so much.

The talent needs to be surrounded by more talent. It is not even depth yet. Clarke played on one of the worst defenses WVU ever had. If he could have only played cornerback. If Simms would have had a good OL in front of him, he could have one of the first backs taken.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a great coach and two star talent on the field over 4 star talent and a lousy coach ANY DAY! Look at ND, they have arguably the best talent in the nation, and look at the failure of Weiss. Look at Alabama do you think they had no talent from 1997 to 2006? NO, they had great talent with shitty coaches, Saban took the talent from that losing team Shula left him and won the "title" in year three. I am so sick of hearing that WVU has no talent on the field, if we can beat OSU, and play nose to nose 60 minutes with OU and Texas, the kids are doing their job, and have talent enough to win. WVU will NEVER have the depth of Alabama and ND, so we must find a great coach who can coach up those three star guys with great technique and strengthen them up. WVU is a different coaching job than an "elite" team, as was seen by Fraud's time at Michigan. Holgorsen is NOT a good coach, at least not here. The fact that in year four he still has no QB that can run "his" offense tells the tale.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is in a tough as hell conference. It's going to take some growing pains, you're not in the Big Easy conference anymore. I rarely agree with MarkOU but he's right, the talent is there, however, I really do think Holgerson will right the ship. WVU will be just fine when it's all said and done. Nobody is going to come in the Big 12 overnight and dominate it with Texas and OU in the same conference; hell, Texas isn't even one of the best teams in the Big 12 right now, that just shows you how tough the Big 12 is. MIZZOU was a yearly punching bag and pretty much everybody's bitch in the Big 12 and it took 11 years for MIZZOU to play in their first Big 12 CCG; they almost won the SEC in their 2nd year. Relax, ya'll will be competing for the Big 12 title soon (hopefully not this year though!).....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is in a tough as hell conference. It's going to take some growing pains, you're not in the Big Easy conference anymore. I rarely agree with MarkOU but he's right, the talent is there, however, I really do think Holgerson will right the ship. WVU will be just fine when it's all said and done. Nobody is going to come in the Big 12 overnight and dominate it with Texas and OU in the same conference; hell, Texas isn't even one of the best teams in the Big 12 right now, that just shows you how tough the Big 12 is. MIZZOU was a yearly punching bag and pretty much everybody's bitch in the Big 12 and it took 11 years for MIZZOU to play in their first Big 12 CCG; they almost won the SEC in their 2nd year. Relax, ya'll will be competing for the Big 12 title soon (hopefully not this year though!).....

Exes, I have no problem with losing a hard fought game against Texas or OU, BUT WVU has issues when we get manhandled by Kansas and IAST. These guys still trying to blame the previous coach for Holgorsen's failure is getting old.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Exes,

Like I have told you before, DAD is a resident troll. If you care to engage, then enjoy the back and forth.

If you want to discuss WVU football with a true fan, then you'd be wise to pick a conversation with any of the other WVU posters on this site.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonable WVU fans understand the struggles WVU is facing by stepping up to a big boy conference.

Some want to blame the coaching. Did TCU's HC... one of the hottest names in college football 4 yrs ago... suddenly lose it?

Only delusional fans believe the BE was on similar ground as the Big 12.

What can you do....but :lol:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still trying to prove the Big 12's worth to some delusional fans who think the BE was tougher? At this point why does it even matter one conference still exist and one does not.

Look at the schedule there are no breaks in our schedule now...once conf play starts you have to bring it week in and week out.....you have to be built for the long haul and your playing against NFL talent. No one has dominated the Big 12, last 5 years 5 different champs, so to think we were going to come in and just roll everyone else is just crazy.

It has been mentioned time and time again like BB said TCU had a better run than us leading into the Big 12...yet they have the same record as we do....I guess he has lost the ability to coach.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some want to blame the coaching. Did TCU's HC... one of the hottest names in college football 4 yrs ago... suddenly lose it?

:

He may have "lost it" much like Our coach "lost it". One from suspensions over weed and one from inept recruiting...