• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU over/under for wins is 3...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Slaton. Unless the team totally flops this year, I don't think Dana's job status is dependent on number of wins.

It is a brutal schedule. And, the team is still in the rebuilding mode.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally beleive unless the team goes 0-12 next year will be the measuring year for Holgy...

Have you seen the season ticket sales lately? Did anyone notice that we have a very qualified head coach with a one year contract holding a defensive assistant position?

If we have another 4 win season, possibly 5 or 6 even, I expect Bradley to be the HC. Holgerson is losing much of the fan base and I do not expect Luck to continue to let that happen.

This team should have some potential. There are several seniors who will make significant contributions at key positions, many of the underclassmen have one or two years of starting experience under their belt. Any Freshman who play will be doing so because they beat out an experienced starter and not because they are needed. This is the measuring year for Holgy. I hope he succeeds.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the season ticket sales lately? Did anyone notice that we have a very qualified head coach with a one year contract holding a defensive assistant position?

If we have another 4 win season, possibly 5 or 6 even, I expect Bradley to be the HC. Holgerson is losing much of the fan base and I do not expect Luck to continue to let that happen.

This team should have some potential. There are several seniors who will make significant contributions at key positions, many of the underclassmen have one or two years of starting experience under their belt. Any Freshman who play will be doing so because they beat out an experienced starter and not because they are needed. This is the measuring year for Holgy. I hope he succeeds.

How will you measure success?

According to the article GoldRusher provided, WVU will play the 16th most difficult SOS this season. And, that is just based on speculation… it may end ranked more difficult.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dana deserves every bit of at minimum seeing his contract thru....without question!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana deserves every bit of at minimum seeing his contract thru....without question!

This coming from the same guy who believes that Huggs should be canned and that just a couple of years ago was more than willing to see HCBS go:omg:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will you measure success?

According to the article GoldRusher provided, WVU will play the 16th most difficult SOS this season. And, that is just based on speculation… it may end ranked more difficult.

Even with the 16th most difficult schedule, we only have 3 preseason top 25 teams on our schedule. It is not that daunting. Towson, Iowa State and Kansas should be wins. TCU, Texas Tech, Texas, Maryland, and K-State can all be won. We beat Oklahoma State last year. Even if you count Bama, Baylor, and Oklahoma as sure fire losses, we have 9 winnable games. If we can't pull off at least 6 wins total, I'm be on the Bradley train.

If we start out bad and see 30K home attendance, Luck will pay attention. Our last coach lost his job despite 9 win seasons. I see the Bradley hire as insurance. Why would he take a one year assistant defensive coaching job if he was not the contingent coach in waiting?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the same guy who believes that Huggs should be canned and that just a couple of years ago was more than willing to see HCBS go[/:omg:QUOTE]

It's not appples to apples..Huggin's inherited a NIT Championship winning team...Stewart the same, he inherited a healthy program...

Holgerson by no stretch came into an ideal situation....he deserves the right to build the program back...Stewrart by no means had this program on the cusp of winning a NC...he was winning 9 games a year and the attendance was falling like a rock..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, 4 wins is not good enough this year. This season should be the year DH turns the corner. I'm not saying he should be canned if he only wins 4, but anything less should do it. Anything less than 7 wins and his ass should be roasting next season. I still expect 6 wins this year. I think this is a good team that just lacks leadership and someone behind center. If he can't find a way to turn the corner this year, it's just not going to happen with DH at the helm.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the same guy who believes that Huggs should be canned and that just a couple of years ago was more than willing to see HCBS go[/:omg:QUOTE]

It's not appples to apples..Huggin's inherited a NIT Championship winning team...Stewart the same, he inherited a healthy program...

Holgerson by no stretch came into an ideal situation....he deserves the right to build the program back...Stewrart by no means had this program on the cusp of winning a NC...he was winning 9 games a year and the attendance was falling like a rock..

Slaton, I dont get it, Huggins inherited an NIT winning team and took them to the final four, Holgorsen inherited one of only two teams in the nation to win nine games each of the previous 9 years and have won less each year he has been coach. BS on attendance, under Stewart, the lowest attendance was 48,000, and it was done twice, both at the end of the year in 2008 and 2010. Under Holgorsen, we saw barely more than that for Oklahoma in 2012, and the Old Mountaineer Field number against IAST this past year.

Average home attendance Stewart 2008 58000, 2009 57300, 2010 56300
Holgorsen, DESPITE moving to the B12 with those teams we want to see so bad: 2011 56300, 2012 55900, 2013 52800. Slaton, quit making stuff up, Stewart saw a decrease of 1700 on average, about 2%, despite following the greatest success in school history. Holgorsen has seen so far a drop of 3500 more than 5%. WHO'S attendance is falling like a rock?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the 16th most difficult schedule, we only have 3 preseason top 25 teams on our schedule. It is not that daunting. Towson, Iowa State and Kansas should be wins. TCU, Texas Tech, Texas, Maryland, and K-State can all be won. We beat Oklahoma State last year. Even if you count Bama, Baylor, and Oklahoma as sure fire losses, we have 9 winnable games. If we can't pull off at least 6 wins total, I'm be on the Bradley train.

If we start out bad and see 30K home attendance, Luck will pay attention. Our last coach lost his job despite 9 win seasons. I see the Bradley hire as insurance. Why would he take a one year assistant defensive coaching job if he was not the contingent coach in waiting?

Not sure how one states a schedule ranked 16th most difficult is not that daunting.

College football -- Post-Spring Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 - ESPN

This preseason poll shows WVU playing 5 preseason top 25 teams. 3 of which are top 10

I believe most everyone will have Bama, OU and BU ranked in the preseason top 10 this year. That is pretty fucking daunting…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, 4 wins is not good enough this year. This season should be the year DH turns the corner. I'm not saying he should be canned if he only wins 4, but anything less should do it. Anything less than 7 wins and his ass should be roasting next season. I still expect 6 wins this year. I think this is a good team that just lacks leadership and someone behind center. If he can't find a way to turn the corner this year, it's just not going to happen with DH at the helm.

If Crest or Howard ends up starting all year and puts up good numbers and we go 6-7 wins (and assuming the defense is better) then Im excited heading into '15. RB will be loaded again, OLine should about all be back, defense returns a bunch of players with loads of experience, special teams loaded and experienced.. yea, Id take that.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's 4 wins and 8 1pt loss games...I'd take him back :suds:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, I dont get it, Huggins inherited an NIT winning team and took them to the final four, Holgorsen inherited one of only two teams in the nation to win nine games each of the previous 9 years and have won less each year he has been coach. BS on attendance, under Stewart, the lowest attendance was 48,000, and it was done twice, both at the end of the year in 2008 and 2010. Under Holgorsen, we saw barely more than that for Oklahoma in 2012, and the Old Mountaineer Field number against IAST this past year.

Average home attendance Stewart 2008 58000, 2009 57300, 2010 56300
Holgorsen, DESPITE moving to the B12 with those teams we want to see so bad: 2011 56300, 2012 55900, 2013 52800. Slaton, quit making stuff up, Stewart saw a decrease of 1700 on average, about 2%, despite following the greatest success in school history. Holgorsen has seen so far a drop of 3500 more than 5%. WHO'S attendance is falling like a rock?

I'm getting old so I don't quite remember Stewart playing OU, Texas, Baylor, OSU, KSU or TCU during that vaunted 9 wins per year streak that he was on...seem to remember more like ECU..( oh sorry that was a loss) PITT, RUTGERS, UCF and UCONN as the juggernauts he had to plow thru year in and year out..so what exactly am I making up?

Forget it you have worn me down DAD..I surrender....I'm on your bandwagon...let's hire STEWART BACK!:clap:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how one states a schedule ranked 16th most difficult is not that daunting.

College football -- Post-Spring Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 - ESPN

This preseason poll shows WVU playing 5 preseason top 25 teams. 3 of which are top 10

I believe most everyone will have Bama, OU and BU ranked in the preseason top 10 this year. That is pretty fucking daunting…

Bama, OU and Baylor are daunting, but all of the other 9 games are winnable. I'm not talking about winning the conference, just winning 6 games. We will be able to tell after this year if Holgerson has a chance to bring this program back.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually DH inherited a team that had won 9 or more 6 seasons in a row and made it 7...but lets not let reality get into the middle of this argument.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, OU and Baylor are daunting, but all of the other 9 games are winnable. I'm not talking about winning the conference, just winning 6 games. We will be able to tell after this year if Holgerson has a chance to bring this program back.

:agree:

Even without us having(or at least in most fans minds) a solid QB in place this team should at least compete better than it did last year in some games....I stand by my thoughts that we were beat up and worn out against Kansas and Iowa St last year. Those two games alone get us to 6, if we could have stopped Texas on a third down there is 7. I think we are going to win some of these games we let slip by in the previous two seasons. We should have beaten TCU two years in a row(freshman safety) so we got over a small hump, now let move on to the next one and win some of these games. I am not setting a total win mark like I have before, we need to see how this team performs before I throw DH to the wolves.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows how the kids will respond to such a difficult schedule. Will they stay resilient despite some setbacks? Will their confidence take a hit... affecting execution in games they should win?

As I mentioned last year, WVU had no leadership... no one like Manziel on the sideline or in the huddle pushing guys hard to compete.

When it comes to tackling a schedule as brutal as this year's... a real leader can make a difference. Those 9 winnable games will be tougher than anything they've faced before as a team.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's 4 wins and 8 1pt loss games...I'd take him back :suds:
Exactly. This season is still more about improvement that W's and L's. A hard fighting, closely matched, 4 win team is acceptable to me. I really think this team is close to breaking through into respectability.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This season is still more about improvement that W's and L's. A hard fighting, closely matched, 4 win team is acceptable to me. I really think this team is close to breaking through into respectability.

I agree and with this schedule that may well be what we are looking at, I just hope that if the progress is there but the wins are not the fans don't over react but... This is college football good luck with that :lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually DH inherited a team that had won 9 or more 6 seasons in a row and made it 7...but lets not let reality get into the middle of this argument.

regardless of the years, only two teams did it, WVU and VPI.