• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 most despised

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if we’ve done this before because I usually feel like we go over our favorite Giants.

But who are your top 3 (or 5) most loathed Giants ever? Extra credit for the “why” they are hated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierzynski - does this really require an explanation?
Pedo - Not a professional in any way, whatsoever. He put more effort and time into fantasy sports and clubhouse card games than he did into conditioning or improving his game. Good riddance.

Those two belong in a class of their own. These guys are reaches…

China Doll - He showed up, played like shit then got “hurt”, essentially putting us in such a deep hole the season was over. Then he comes back from his injury (too late) and goes on a tear. His numbers LOOKED good for his short time here, but the details tell a different story. All that BEFORE even mentioning Wheeler.
Molina - I know he is a “beloved” member of our alumni, but he did this franchise dirty in ‘09. Down the stretch, when we were still in the thick of a WC race, he shelves himself because he is “hurt”. He was also trying to get an extension from the team at the time. This move forced the org to call up Posey before he was ready, starting his clock before it needed to be started. Once Posey came up, he miraculously got cured and started playing again, forcing Posey to the bench, and ultimately back to the minors. This whole thing may have been a “solid” for Posey, but it forced the hand of the team and potentially shorted Posey’s time with us.
Tucker - Through no action of his own. Only because of how the team punted a 1st rounder in the act of acquiring him.
Benitez - I don’t really HATE him, but he has that air around him. He was just bad. Hard to blame a guy for simply being ineffective.
Strickland - He probably belongs in the top tier. He sucked, and carried a long grudge against the guy who showcased the fact that he sucked. And he was responsible for ending Morse’s career (Scrabble gets a pass here)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierzynski - does this really require an explanation?
Pedo - Not a professional in any way, whatsoever. He put more effort and time into fantasy sports and clubhouse card games than he did into conditioning or improving his game. Good riddance.

Those two belong in a class of their own. These guys are reaches…

China Doll - He showed up, played like shit then got “hurt”, essentially putting us in such a deep hole the season was over. Then he comes back from his injury (too late) and goes on a tear. His numbers LOOKED good for his short time here, but the details tell a different story. All that BEFORE even mentioning Wheeler.
Molina - I know he is a “beloved” member of our alumni, but he did this franchise dirty in ‘09. Down the stretch, when we were still in the thick of a WC race, he shelves himself because he is “hurt”. He was also trying to get an extension from the team at the time. This move forced the org to call up Posey before he was ready, starting his clock before it needed to be started. Once Posey came up, he miraculously got cured and started playing again, forcing Posey to the bench, and ultimately back to the minors. This whole thing may have been a “solid” for Posey, but it forced the hand of the team and potentially shorted Posey’s time with us.
Tucker - Through no action of his own. Only because of how the team punted a 1st rounder in the act of acquiring him.
Benitez - I don’t really HATE him, but he has that air around him. He was just bad. Hard to blame a guy for simply being ineffective.
Strickland - He probably belongs in the top tier. He sucked, and carried a long grudge against the guy who showcased the fact that he sucked. And he was responsible for ending Morse’s career (Scrabble gets a pass here)
Shit, I may have to do 5 now lol. Thought I was pretty cemented on my top 3, but not now. :heh:

Nice list

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) AJ P. Like Cal said, nuff said.
2.) Melky Cabrera - got caught and pretty much just went away. No real heartfelt sorry or explanation. Players telling him to pretty much stay away tells me all I need to know.
3.) Jeff Samgarbagejizza - don’t blame him at all for signing that contract, good for him, his family and his agent. Sucked balls the entire time from day 1.

Honorable mentions:
1.) Marvin Bernard - no real reason for on field performance, just hated his machismo attitude. Don’t know why, just rubbed me the wrong way.
2.) Mark Melancon - pretty darn dominant everywhere but here (seemed like a nice guy off the field tho)
3.) Teh Dumper, Aaron Rowand. Don’t get mad at us fans when you suck donkey dong

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot about quite a few of these .....AJ is on top of course...
There wasn’t any emotion in that article. It was just a list of bad players. I have no “hate” for someone who doesn’t perform. “Hate” needs to be earned with anecdotes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.) Melky Cabrera - got caught and pretty much just went away. No real heartfelt sorry or explanation. Players telling him to pretty much stay away tells me all I need to know.
3.) Jeff Samgarbagejizza - don’t blame him at all for signing that contract, good for him, his family and his agent. Sucked balls the entire time from day 1.

Honorable mentions:
1.) Marvin Bernard - no real reason for on field performance, just hated his machismo attitude. Don’t know why, just rubbed me the wrong way.
2.) Mark Melancon - pretty darn dominant everywhere but here (seemed like a nice guy off the field tho)
3.) Teh Dumper, Aaron Rowand. Don’t get mad at us fans when you suck donkey dong
I never had any ill will towards Scrabble. I think he was better than a lot of people on this board give him credit for. And I never heard a bad word about him off the field. He was signed for too much and given too big a roll in the rotation, sure, but again, I have a hard time assigning “hate” to just bad performance or underperforming a contract.

I considered putting the Melkman on my list, but he was FUN to watch and the craze around the park with the melkmaids was entertaining. I understand you putting him on the list, but he just doesn’t get there for me.

Duece almost made my list as well. And truthfully, he probably should have been in my second tier. He was an OK player his first couple years with us, but his attitude went to shit after that. He was dumped the same day as Teh Nada (iirc) as an overall message to the team that constant complaining was not going to be tolerated.

I have no “hate” for Peepee dance. I do hate that he has been a stud literally EVERYWHERE else but here, but again, I don’t have hate for bad performance alone. He seemed to be a pretty cool guy, so no ”hate” from me.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn’t any emotion in that article. It was just a list of bad players. I have no “hate” for someone who doesn’t perform. “Hate” needs to be earned with anecdotes.
I unferstand your view point .... but as a long long time Giant fan who has never lived in SF my view is pretty much molded by how they play. As a 'remote' fan that is usually the only metric I see.

But living in a city that has professional athleties you get a much more personal view about them. Living in NY for many years you were always presented with anything and everything an athlete did wrong or was questionabke. Both in thier professional life as well as personal life.
Much different view ....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unferstand your view point .... but as a long long time Giant fan who has never lived in SF my view is pretty much molded by how they play. As a 'remote' fan that is usually the only metric I see.

But living in a city that has professional athleties you get a much more personal view about them. Living in NY for many years you were always presented with anything and everything an athlete did wrong or was questionabke. Both in thier professional life as well as personal life.
Much different view ....
I think that was the case 20+ years ago. But the internet has changed that. When I left California in ‘93 and lived in Florida and Michigan for the next 11 years, I lost touch with the Giants. I was still a fan, but didn’t have any takes on the team outside of reading box scores and getting the occasional highlight on Sportscenter. And the Giants, outside of Bonds, were completely ignored by the national media.

But in the last 15 years or so, everyone has more access to whatever team they follow than the most attentive local fan had 30 years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much different view ....
Off topic, did you get my email? I replied to your email a couple days ago…

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, did you get my email? I replied to your email a couple days ago…
I got an email from you on the 20th ... and replied that day ... it was about HWSNBN ... that's the last one I see

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honorable mentions:
replace Scrabble with Blownitez and that's my top 3

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my frustrations with players but I cannot say I despise any of them. If I really wanted to put in effort to list players I was glad moved on (or were forced to move on), then I'm sure I could come up with a top 5 list. However, my life is too busy right now to put in that effort.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my frustrations with players but I cannot say I despise any of them. If I really wanted to put in effort to list players I was glad moved on (or were forced to move on), then I'm sure I could come up with a top 5 list. However, my life is too busy right now to put in that effort.
It’s just for fun, not actual hate. Like I hope AJ has a healthy happy life. I just don’t like him on the Giants lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he looked so pained saying it too. It was glorious.
Nah. He knows he is hated by Giants fans. IIRC, that was pretty much the topic when he said it. He said it because he is a troll and he wanted to irritate Giants fans. A true heel act.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He knows he is hated by Giants fans. IIRC, that was pretty much the topic when he said it. He said it because he is a troll and he wanted to irritate Giants fans. A true heel act.
I remember it differently, but alas, my memory doesn’t serve me quite as well as it used to.