• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU Defense

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, shutting down two of the most prolific offenses in the country is huge in many ways.

Not only can our kids grow in confidence and trust in their coaches and scheme, they now have the benefit of fear.

Fear is a major factor in sports. Opponents are hearing all about WVU's defense now. It is the talk of broadcasts, college football radio and tv shows. Most importantly, they're watching the WVU defense shut down TT and TCU on film. The OC and coaches are letting their kids know what a big test they'll face. It gets in your head as a player. Adds pressure to your performance.

Mental edge to WVU!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Slaton texts me as I'm walking to my parents home after the game. Asks me what I think of the WVU defense now?

I love them boys! They are playing so much better than the first three games of the season. I know Gibby got on them pretty hard following the YSU game. IMO, he was as much to blame for the BYU come back as the kids trying to execute on the field.

But this is two outstanding performances in a row!

They are fun to watch right now...it is amazing as I told you, that it always seems to take about a year for new starters to play comfortably in this defense based off of history...but man have these kids accelerated that learning curve..thank goodness!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest things to our success and I said this many times before....we brought back a lot of guys who had significant playing time even though we lost a lot of seniors. That is reloading nd that is what this staff has been harping on for 5 years. You can see this team molding and it looks great for our future.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see how it does vs some more run first teams. KState is the best running team we have faced so far so... we'll see.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see how it does vs some more run first teams. KState is the best running team we have faced so far so... we'll see.

Actually Mizzou and BYU were the best running teams we have seen so far...the only one's left with a higher ranking are Baylor at #7, Texas #29 and Oklahoma at #30..and those are subject to change as the season goes on...

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Mizzou and BYU were the best running teams we have seen so far...the only one's left with a higher ranking are Baylor at #7, Texas #29 and Oklahoma at #30..and those are subject to change as the season goes on...

I'd say that TX and OU might be fairly accurate but I think Baylor at #7 might be a little inflated due to competition level so far. I'm not saying that they don't run the ball well because they have some great RB's but I don't think they've faced a defense yet that has challenged them.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that TX and OU might be fairly accurate but I think Baylor at #7 might be a little inflated due to competition level so far. I'm not saying that they don't run the ball well because they have some great RB's but I don't think they've faced a defense yet that has challenged them.

I hear you brother! But I am just spouting the what the stats say..

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wet Virgina is pretty solid on defense and excellent on defense.
I think Washington is better but I won't dismiss WVU as a contender just yet.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many had us and the B12 not being in contention after the first week. Baloney: Any undefeated team from a power 5 conference is almost a guaranteed to get in. Wetter Washington is in the same boat. Win em all and nobody will keep you out.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost took you serious but my Hillbilly intuition told me better. You can always blame it on spell, like I do, but as many times I typed in 'West Virginia' I could not get it to autocorrect to 'Wet Virgina'. With all due respect, I even typed in TeddyJackEddy and it came up Richard Cranium. Now run along Dick Head, your momma is calling you.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, shutting down two of the most prolific offenses in the country is huge in many ways.

Not only can our kids grow in confidence and trust in their coaches and scheme, they now have the benefit of fear.

Fear is a major factor in sports. Opponents are hearing all about WVU's defense now. It is the talk of broadcasts, college football radio and tv shows. Most importantly, they're watching the WVU defense shut down TT and TCU on film. The OC and coaches are letting their kids know what a big test they'll face. It gets in your head as a player. Adds pressure to your performance.

Mental edge to WVU!

God I am so glad you have come over to my way of thinking!!...:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I am so glad you have come over to my way of thinking!!...:lol:

Hey Man, I am impressed by results! In 2012, I wanted to believe the defense could improve after their horrific start. But, it only got worse.

The psyche is a powerful thing. This year's unit make its easy to believe in you!