• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF, The Bowl System has become a Joke

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I can still remember when those 3 bowls didn't have a preamble to their name. They were just the Orange Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl & the Holiday Bowl.

And back then, the bowls generally meant something besides just a "paycheck". Unlike today's 30-40 "whatever" bowls. :nod:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at least Alaska just got the rights to our field and not the stadium, and isn’t Walmart... that’s rough.

Thankfully Oregon would never stop so low as to appease a corporate sponsor.

I'll check your response later this week after I catch a game at Matthew Knight arena.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how these shit bowls can continue to find major sponsors for them. There is absolutley no ROI b/c these types of bowl games might have 20K in attendance and the TV ratings are always so piss poor.
That’s still a bunch of eyes. The numbers work for the most part or they wouldn’t keep getting sponsor bids.

According to many marketing researchers, buying naming rights in sports is a great investment, not least because they have the attention of so many affluent young men. Studies have found modest positive returns to stock prices after companies announce sponsorships of the Olympics and NASCAR, as well as buying the rights to naming a sports stadium. Marketing executives tend to agree about the benefits of sponsorship: “You can’t watch the game for a couple of minutes without seeing the logo,” a former VP of marketing at FedEx told a reporter at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette a few years ago.
^ note CFB bowl sponsorship announcements have a neutral effect on stock prices, but it’s not negative
What Do Companies Spend to Sponsor Bowl Games? - The Atlantic

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt I’ll ever call safeco anything else. Can’t just change the name 20 years later.

If you ask me, Key Bank had the deal of a lifetime. They essentially bought Key Arena since they have had their dumb key on top of it even though they haven’t paid a penny since the Sonics were in Seattle.

And I’m waiting for Amazon to sponsor something. You go watch a sporting event, order something on their little tablet and get your package delivered before the game ends.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should just rename the national title game the "Alabamba bowl"

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance there is a I Can't Believe It's Not Butter MILF Bowl?

Last edited:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope that in the future, there will be a nationwide marijuana dispensary chain and they sponsor a bowl (hehe) in Colorado.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me, Key Bank had the deal of a lifetime. They essentially bought Key Arena since they have had their dumb key on top of it even though they haven’t paid a penny since the Sonics were in Seattle.

And I’m waiting for Amazon to sponsor something. You go watch a sporting event, order something on their little tablet and get your package delivered before the game ends.
You guys have Key Bank in Seattle?

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lower tier Arizona bowl has been pretty successful for Tucson and the teams that play in it. Last year it brought 30 million into the local economy. Has a genuine feel to it too.