• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WSU @ AZ Pac Opener

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe that one of those three (Cal, ASU, Utah) gets in. Cal usually looks sloppy early, but they always finish well in the Pac. Watch out for them. ASU always looks good early, and then the wheels fall off. And I have no idea what to think about Utah, other than they lost most of their games last year by single digits. Many of us foresaw that being that competitive in his first year (even though they lost), when Coach Krystkowiak puts it together, Utah will be close to their former self. Not sure if it's this year, but they are winning the games they should, no one can debate that.

I guess long story short, at least one will make it. If I had to guess, I'd pick Cal. But I just don't know.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys remember WestCoastJayhawk from the ESPN boards????

I wonder what he's up to these days. That guy was the most passive-aggressive AZ basketball hater ever. I wonder what he'd say about Miller and the Cats right about now. Hahahaha, oh, and LoudandProud, too; just for kicks.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe that one of those three (Cal, ASU, Utah) gets in. Cal usually looks sloppy early, but they always finish well in the Pac. Watch out for them. ASU always looks good early, and then the wheels fall off. And I have no idea what to think about Utah, other than they lost most of their games last year by single digits. Many of us foresaw that being that competitive in his first year (even though they lost), when Coach Krystkowiak puts it together, Utah will be close to their former self. Not sure if it's this year, but they are winning the games they should, no one can debate that.

I guess long story short, at least one will make it. If I had to guess, I'd pick Cal. But I just don't know.

Utah is bringing in some more Talent next season, so I believe they are just one or two seasons away from being an NCAA team again. California has had some unfortunate injuries that effected them in key games in the non-conference, mostly Syracuse, Dayton and Creighton all losses, the first two without Solomon and the last one without Jabari. ASU is not as deep as I presumed before the season started they really only play about 6 players in their rotation and we will have to see how that effects them during conference play. In a perfect world the Pac gets 7 teams in, but 6, adding either California or ASU to the mix, would be nice.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys remember WestCoastJayhawk from the ESPN boards????

I wonder what he's up to these days. That guy was the most passive-aggressive AZ basketball hater ever. I wonder what he'd say about Miller and the Cats right about now. Hahahaha, oh, and LoudandProud, too; just for kicks.

I hated WestCoastJayhawk with a passion. He always attacked Miller. Guy was a fucking prick.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of old ESPN members, what ever happened to BayCat-J or Zona Grad?

ESPN really ruined a great thing, not only does the new system constantly hide and erase posts but there were entire communities of fans on there.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of old ESPN members, what ever happened to BayCat-J or Zona Grad?

ESPN really ruined a great thing, not only does the new system constantly hide and erase posts but there were entire communities of fans on there.

I'm on the same pickem team on PGU as Baycat. I put the word out to him, but I think he switched to reddit. I guess they have some sort of general CBB forum. I don't know about Zona Grad. There were quite a few that were pretty legit fans last year. Sting and I did a pretty good job of putting the word out on the ESPN AZ boards about this site, and I guess they are just not checking anymore. Fucking ESPN, had to ruin a good thing. Plus that one mexican chick in Washington. Smokin hot.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the same pickem team on PGU as Baycat. I put the word out to him, but I think he switched to reddit. I guess they have some sort of general CBB forum. I don't know about Zona Grad. There were quite a few that were pretty legit fans last year. Sting and I did a pretty good job of putting the word out on the ESPN AZ boards about this site, and I guess they are just not checking anymore. Fucking ESPN, had to ruin a good thing. Plus that one mexican chick in Washington. Smokin hot.

She was hot. Yeah, I'm not a PGU guy. BTW that guy was totally wrong about choosing 20 other PG's over McConnell the other day on ESPN, he knew nothing about T.J.'s game. I will have to say that I did figure his shooting would be better this deep into the season but it's probably hard to shoot higher %'s and get into rhythm when you take so few attempts each game. WTS I'm so happy he's on our team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved WCJ and Loud... and all of the 100s of other trolls over the last 10 years of ESPN boards... they were a lot of fun to toy with.

Turing the brains of hater-trolls to mush is a very rewarding experience.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was hot. Yeah, I'm not a PGU guy. BTW that guy was totally wrong about choosing 20 other PG's over McConnell the other day on ESPN, he knew nothing about T.J.'s game. I will have to say that I did figure his shooting would be better this deep into the season but it's probably hard to shoot higher %'s and get into rhythm when you take so few attempts each game. WTS I'm so happy he's on our team.

Yeah, he was just being an idiot. I think that TJ's FTs will rise as he settles in, and I'm not too concerned with his FG% or 3PT%. It does have to be difficult to hit shots when your role is to pass. But like I said, him having 6.5 APG is much more important to me than his PPG. The assists not only open up the offense and completely disrupt the defense, but it sets up the other players for high % shots. And those don't even count the ones that they get fouled on, which obviously don't register as assists.

Bottom line is that we need him to facilitate the offense, and take care of the ball. He does both with great precision. And that's why I think if people are talking about Craft and Ennis for best PG, then TJ should then be in the mix. Let NJ and York be the shooters. TJ is mastering his role. Any AZ fan can see that he is the biggest factor of why we are doing so well. It also freed up NJ to make such drastic improvements, which are not going to be anywhere near a stat sheet for TJ. And again, that's not even counting what he does on defense.

Again, I'm not saying he's the best, but if people talk about the other two, then why not TJ? That was my point. I think that TJ is doing better than I could have expected. And he's only going to get better next year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved WCJ and Loud... and all of the 100s of other trolls over the last 10 years of ESPN boards... they were a lot of fun to toy with.

Turing the brains of hater-trolls to mush is a very rewarding experience.

L&P was just a shitshow. But WCJ was a smart guy, he just couldn't see anything without his KU and Cal glasses on. I was always willing to give him so much in terms of the benefit of the doubt, but he just put his foot in his mouth at every opportunity. Hahahaha, he must be stewing; and I know he realizes we haven't forgotten about him.:laugh3:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...btw, I'm still on ESPN and talk to a lot of the fans through emails and such. I'm sure that when conference season gets into full swing more will come out, but the reality is many just aren't interested in joining an All-Arizona message board. It's less fun when it's one-sided and you only get the opinions of Arizona fans... which is why although I was one of the first 50 members at PGU, because they asked me to join when the site was launched, I don't comment there.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was just being an idiot. I think that TJ's FTs will rise as he settles in, and I'm not too concerned with his FG% or 3PT%. It does have to be difficult to hit shots when your role is to pass. But like I said, him having 6.5 APG is much more important to me than his PPG. The assists not only open up the offense and completely disrupt the defense, but it sets up the other players for high % shots. And those don't even count the ones that they get fouled on, which obviously don't register as assists.

Bottom line is that we need him to facilitate the offense, and take care of the ball. He does both with great precision. And that's why I think if people are talking about Craft and Ennis for best PG, then TJ should then be in the mix. Let NJ and York be the shooters. TJ is mastering his role. Any AZ fan can see that he is the biggest factor of why we are doing so well. It also freed up NJ to make such drastic improvements, which are not going to be anywhere near a stat sheet for TJ. And again, that's not even counting what he does on defense.

Again, I'm not saying he's the best, but if people talk about the other two, then why not TJ? That was my point. I think that TJ is doing better than I could have expected. And he's only going to get better next year.

This team is night an day from last year's squad. Have other players gotten better, certainly, but the addition of T.J. running the show on offense and defense has made us the team to beat. Last year's team was run through Lyons, Hill and Parrom and as much as I love those guys, Im not even sure any of those players, including Hill would start on this year's team, let alone play in terms of Lyons and Parrom.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...btw, I'm still on ESPN and talk to a lot of the fans through emails and such. I'm sure that when conference season gets into full swing more will come out, but the reality is many just aren't interested in joining an All-Arizona message board. It's less fun when it's one-sided and you only get the opinions of Arizona fans... which is why although I was one of the first 50 members at PGU, because they asked me to join when the site was launched, I don't comment there.

As much this is pretty much all Arizona (and obviously PGU is), the general CBB forum is pretty good for chopping it up with fans across the country. Haven't seen you on any of those forums, but there is a pretty good group of people on them. I just wish we had more Pac basketball fans on here.

College Basketball Forum - Message Board - General Discussion

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, i like the rapid response and the debate mentality of ESPN's pool of traffic. I just wish the system worked better over there. Posts get constantly lost, its frustrating. But I like discussing cbb with people all over the country.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is... message boards are a dying format. for the last 10 years the internet has been amazing for fans around the country to exchange instant analysis, or trash talk with each other... but the fact is: Smart Phones, and more specifically, Twitter, are the present and the future.

Most of my friends who have been on message boards with me over the years use Twitter for live-chatting about games... and Reddit for ongoing conversations. It's been like that for a few years now. I've been on reddit for years, but more for tech stuff and general fourms than sports.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is... message boards are a dying format. for the last 10 years the internet has been amazing for fans around the country to exchange instant analysis, or trash talk with each other... but the fact is: Smart Phones, and more specifically, Twitter, are the present and the future.

Most of my friends who have been on message boards with me over the years use Twitter for live-chatting about games... and Reddit for ongoing conversations. It's been like that for a few years now. I've been on reddit for years, but more for tech stuff and general fourms than sports.

Yeah, Baycat's on Reddit, and suggested that I go there, but I like the specific forums better.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really stoked for this Oregon vs Utah game right now!!!!

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I don't like about twitter is that you are limited with how much depth each post can contain. Maybe I just need to expand my horizons and try out reddit and twitter more often.

Oregon Utah should be a great game. Big road test for Oregon tonight, pretty sure they lost last year at Utah.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... we've all had our issues with ESPN over the years, and making fun of the way they run their business is one of my favorite pastimes... but IMO it is still a good place to chat with basketball fans.

The change over to social network comments is universal. ESPN, AZStarnet and many others use Facebook... youtube has recently changed over to Google+. It is their way of cleaning up the filth and depravity which was uncontrollable. Although I was skeptical at first I can see the pluses with the system: There are no more random trolls who can create 10-50 accounts in a week, and the majority of fans that remain are knowledgeable.

Sure, the system is flawed, with posts getting lost or the errors of them being invisible... but it's only the first 6 months, takes time to work out the kinks in such a huge network. In time, once people get over the frustration of losing the old comment system they will return and it will still be the best place online for a national fan-perspective.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I don't like about twitter is that you are limited with how much depth each post can contain. Maybe I just need to expand my horizons and try out reddit and twitter more often.

Oregon Utah should be a great game. Big road test for Oregon tonight, pretty sure they lost last year at Utah.

I don't even have Twitter, so I'm excluded from that. Reddit seems like it's not conducive to more indepth posts either (for the most part).