• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W's vs. Dropkicks

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm a bit of a fan of the Boston band Dropkick Murphys.

Warriors hopefully start a new streak against a young Celtics team tonight.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph with the dunk!

10-2 three minutes in.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors bench: Last in scoring and FG%.

And sucking again tonight. 28-28

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger and Green are killing us.

AI needs to get more shots for us, Klay couldn't hit fat on Roseanne.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger and Green are killing us.

AI needs to get more shots for us, Klay couldn't hit fat on Roseanne.

He's feeling it tonight. Klay: not so much.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll cut the team and certain individuals some slack due to the Warriors just returning from a lengthy trip. Bench again sucked, but the starters also had some sloppy or boneheaded moments themselves.

But I will comment on the game management of Jackson and his staff in the last minute. They didn't even consider the possibility that the Celtics would foul on the Dubs' next to last possession. Had they done so, they would have set up a series of screens to get Steph the ball. Instead, he was on the other side of the court, and the ball went in to Barnes, who made one of two.

And I'm no fan of Fitz, nor is it his place to give tactical advice over the air, but he was right to shout that Wallace, a 31% free thrower, should have been fouled the moment he touched the ball.

This team may not have all the depth that it needs, but there is still a lot of talent to work with. If the coaches can't execute intelligently in crunch-time, how can we expect the players to do so? Competitive maturity is still a problem that dogs this team from the top down. If they wish to move from very good to elite, everyone needs to smarten up a bit.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't knock a win. 1st game back from a long roadie, and Dubs scratched clawed and kicked their way into a W.

D. Green showed he could take a punch in a the mouth and still come back and help the team win.

Dubs are in 5th place currently, and 1 game back of Flop City for Fourth. We can critique an ugly win all night long. Dubs have 3 more days off including this one to get "sharp".

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This worked out well. They got right back on the horse and won after losing their winning streak and now they have 4 days off to rest up for Denver and a week at home with just that one game before they have to go to Oklahoma.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm a bit of a fan of the Boston band Dropkick Murphys.

Warriors hopefully start a new streak against a young Celtics team tonight.

Understandable sentiment for someone who lives in California!

I, of course, will be rooting for the other side. I'm not about to object to an imaginative nickname for any team, however.

BTW, I started a game thread in the Basketball forum a while ago. I'll probably do my posting there, but willcheck this one during commercial breaks.

I'm more into the Tijuana Brass and Johnny Cash for what that's worth. Do you like them?

GO CELTICS!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable sentiment for someone who lives in California!

I, of course, will be rooting for the other side. I'm not about to object to an imaginative nickname for any team, however.

BTW, I started a game thread in the Basketball forum a while ago. I'll probably do my posting there, but willcheck this one during commercial breaks.

I'm more into the Tijuana Brass and Johnny Cash for what that's worth. Do you like them?

GO CELTICS!

This is either the best troll joke ever, and I'm the dupe....or....
Does this guy not realize this game was played yesterday?

:wtf2:

:noidea:

If he doesn't know, he's gonna be mad when he sees what happened.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is either the best troll joke ever, and I'm the dupe....or....
Does this guy not realize this game was played yesterday?

:wtf2:

:noidea:

If he doesn't know, he's gonna be mad when he sees what happened.

My memory does malfunction occasionally.

Celtics are playing PORTLAND tonight! :L

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory does malfunction occasionally.

Celtics are playing PORTLAND tonight! :L

LOL

You have exhibited a real lack of knowledge about anything west of Springfield, MA before...

Portland, Oakland...they sound the same!

:heh:

:suds:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

You have exhibited a real lack of knowledge about anything west of Springfield, MA before...

Portland, Oakland...they sound the same!

:heh:

I'm guessing you haven't seen my many references to "my native city's Thunder."

OKC is west of Springfield. Does it matter that I've never been west of Colorado?

And I did admit to having made a mistake, okay?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you haven't seen my many references to "my native city's Thunder."

OKC is west of Springfield. Does it matter that I've never been west of Colorado?

And I did admit to having made a mistake, okay?

I know, I'm just bustin' your balls. Gotta admit, it's pretty funny.

I'm also still shaking my head over the time you didn't know who the Giants' (now on the Dodgers) closer Brian Wilson was. Not that a person should know every player but if you're a sports fan who follows baseball at all that guy was kind of hard to ignore. At that time you said you just don't follow west coast teams.

Anyway, it's worthy of some good natured razzing, so I'm doing it. Not a big deal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I'm just bustin' your balls. Gotta admit, it's pretty funny.

I'm also still shaking my head over the time you didn't know who the Giants' (now on the Dodgers) closer Brian Wilson was. Not that a person should know every player but if you're a sports fan who follows baseball at all that guy was kind of hard to ignore. At that time you said you just don't follow west coast teams.

Anyway, it's worthy of some good natured razzing, so I'm doing it. Not a big deal.

Most Giants games come on after the east coast has gone to bed. I can especially understand him never having seen Wilson since he doesn't get into the games until about 1 AM EDT.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Giants games come on after the east coast has gone to bed. I can especially understand him never having seen Wilson since he doesn't get into the games until about 1 AM EDT.

You think that guy with his schtick was just some random closer? Again, if you followed the sport at all in 2010-2011 you kind of had to know who he was. Especially with this internet thingy, this isn't 1968 looking in the paper each day to see who won. It'd be like saying 'Yasiel Puig? Yeah, the Dodgers games don't come on til late, who is that? Buster who?'

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that guy with his schtick was just some random closer? Again, if you followed the sport at all in 2010-2011 you kind of had to know who he was. Especially with this internet thingy, this isn't 1968 looking in the paper each day to see who won. It'd be like saying 'Yasiel Puig? Yeah, the Dodgers games don't come on til late, who is that? Buster who?'

Never heard of the guy. Was wondering why you were all over him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yelling at the abyss again, eh MSG?