• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WRs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the cap hit on Romo?

Lol, the cap hit on Romo would be astronomical if the cut or traded him now. And frankly, there is no reason to get rid of him, he is way, way down on the list of whats wrong with this team. There are only 7-8 guys on this team that look like they will still be productive players and still with the team 3-4 years from now

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't have a problem if we took the cap hit on Romo if we could recover in say...about 2 or 3 yrs max. The truth is in that same length of time this team will likely still be a .500 time like we've been for the past 17 yrs and counting. Lets get the QB of the future and move on. Thats part of the problem is Jerry has been telling us the team is a championship caliber team or 1 or 2 players away. The truth is we need to shake up this roster and start over. So lets take the cap hit. Get a franchise qb. In 3 yrs when our cap situation is good lets draft well and make a run at some key free agents and field a real team.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't have a problem if we took the cap hit on Romo if we could recover in say...about 2 or 3 yrs max. The truth is in that same length of time this team will likely still be a .500 time like we've been for the past 17 yrs and counting. Lets get the QB of the future and move on. Thats part of the problem is Jerry has been telling us the team is a championship caliber team or 1 or 2 players away. The truth is we need to shake up this roster and start over. So lets take the cap hit. Get a franchise qb. In 3 yrs when our cap situation is good lets draft well and make a run at some key free agents and field a real team.

If you're looking for 3 years for recovery, why not just keep Romo?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the cap hit isn't the only reason not to trade Romo. He is a very good NFL QB that to me has been playing pretty poorly lately. I don't see us bringing in anyone that makes us better or even "as good " as we should be with Romo. The fact that he is one of the problems with this team lately isn't the biggest issue. We can't have back those last 4 games to let someone else play in unless you have a time machine. I am critcial of Romo when IMO he deserves it, but don't lose track of what he could be and has been. I'm not saying there is no way you ever replace him, but I have yet to see soemone bring up an alternative that is both better and plausible...So until someone does, I'll say he is the best option for this team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get a franchise qb"

sure.....just pick one up at the corner store

fucking 5-5, tied for 1st with a 3-0 division record and you wanna blow it up.
What were your expectations coming into this season with any thought about what this team has been for the past 5 years?

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're looking to draft a QB, to have one better than Romo by year 3, he'd have to be a high pick. You don't tank the year in hopes of a high draft pick, especially when your team has a realistic shot at the playoffs. Sigh, win and you expect the world, lose and you want everyone fired and a new college team. Take a realistic outlook on your team when the season starts, and balance your expectations. Most, I'd say, people thought Cowboys would be from a 7 to 9 win team. Maybe 10 for the more optimistic fans.

Truth is... Cowboys have a depleted defense, a offense that has't had life since Broncos game, and we are still in the lead of the division, while being 3-0 in it. Cowboys control their own destiny, and I'd gladly take being an average team getting into the tournament where anything can happen, then being an average team that misses it.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get a franchise qb"

What were your expectations coming into this season with any thought about what this team has been for the past 5 years?

My post, less words. lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breett Favre's phone rang just a couple of weeks ago ....that's how bad it is out there.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking to draft a QB, to have one better than Romo by year 3, he'd have to be a high pick. You don't tank the year in hopes of a high draft pick, especially when your team has a realistic shot at the playoffs. Sigh, win and you expect the world, lose and you want everyone fired and a new college team. Take a realistic outlook on your team when the season starts, and balance your expectations. Most, I'd say, people thought Cowboys would be from a 7 to 9 win team. Maybe 10 for the more optimistic fans.

Truth is... Cowboys have a depleted defense, a offense that has't had life since Broncos game, and we are still in the lead of the division, while being 3-0 in it. Cowboys control their own destiny, and I'd gladly take being an average team getting into the tournament where anything can happen, then being an average team that misses it.

While I would disagree with your outlook of the franchise in terms of moving forward and being happy with being the best team in a horrible division. Where do you think this team ends up in 3 yrs? Then if You believe in 3 yrs we are still an avg team...why not just cut the head off and start over? I obviously can't predict the future whoever based on the tend from the owner in the last several years, things won't get better. The salary cap will remain in a poor state while we play musical chairs with the cap trying to stay afloat. I say tair it down and start over. Get T. Smith and Dez locked up. You already resigned Lee. The rest or expendable.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is going to be loaded with qb's I personally hope to get one preferably a guy who is mobile. Not a run first qb, but a guy who can make things happen when things brake down. If a guy like Tahj Boyd is there in the second I would love to have him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is going to be loaded with qb's I personally hope to get one preferably a guy who is mobile. Not a run first qb, but a guy who can make things happen when things brake down. If a guy like Tahj Boyd is there in the second I would love to have him.

With Romo's contract I don't see Dallas taking a QB before the 4th, maybe 5th round. Cap wise barring retirement or injury Romo is in Dallas until at least through the 2016 season. Taking a QB early is wasting a pick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would disagree with your outlook of the franchise in terms of moving forward and being happy with being the best team in a horrible division. Where do you think this team ends up in 3 yrs? Then if You believe in 3 yrs we are still an avg team...why not just cut the head off and start over? I obviously can't predict the future whoever based on the tend from the owner in the last several years, things won't get better. The salary cap will remain in a poor state while we play musical chairs with the cap trying to stay afloat. I say tair it down and start over. Get T. Smith and Dez locked up. You already resigned Lee. The rest or expendable.

The salary cap will not let this team gut itself. I doubt we could field 53 minimum salary players with the dead money we will have. Maybe in another 2 year this will be an option.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based purely on talent, I'd take Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson over Dez.

If you factor in age, I'd only take Calvin Johnson.

If you do factor in behavior (on and off-field) as well as age, I'd take Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, and Julio Jones.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get a franchise qb"

What you perceive to be a franchise qb. You may get it right you may get it wrong. Heck i'm just sick of losing. I am and remain a fan of Romo, but he hasn't cut the mustard. Iv'e given him a pass all of the years, but he clearly can't carry a team. I just think its time to start over no matter the cost. Maybe i'm frustrated.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based purely on talent, I'd take Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson over Dez.

If you factor in age, I'd only take Calvin Johnson.

If you do factor in behavior (on and off-field) as well as age, I'd take Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, and Julio Jones.

Calvin #1 by a mile, Julio (if he can stay healthy) #2. I'll let you guys decide who falls in next between the obvious choices, but those two are absolutely uncoverable.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for A.J. green

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad to know most of you seem to think Romo is one of the best QBs of all time. Its about time yall came around. Hell I mentioned him being the best Cowboy QB ever last week and got blasted. Didnt Sean Payton say last week this was Romos best season ever??? I disagree with Sean , but he has won a ring and also the architect of an offense that hangs 40 or more on us regularly. It amazes me looking at his numbers this season and seeing the responses to how bad he is playing. I will say I may not know a lot, but I have tried to tell you how damn good he was forever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of All Time??? Did you read the same posts as the rest of us?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team became anchored to Romo for the next 5-6 years when he signed the deal, it would be absurd to go a different direction at QB now. That ship has sailed. Taking Escobar in the 2nd round was one of the goofiest decisions Jerry has made in a long time, but it was an effort to put weapons around Romo. Drafting a 1st or 2nd round QB next year would be borderline insane now. This team needs an entire draft spent on Defense(with a RB mixed in) .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of All Time??? Did you read the same posts as the rest of us?

Absolutely. You guys are saying he has played poorly. If he has put up those numbers and has played poorly then I can only imagine what they would look like if he even played average