• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WRs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please be as honest as you can right here. I know bias weighs in - but how many WRs would you take in this league over Dez???? Dont let the on the sideline behavior or off the field behavior skew your opinion. Before the season I would have taken Calvin Johnson over him and thats it. Im not sure that is the case now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what changed for you?
last night?

Dez remains as talented as anyone but hardly the best at his craft

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Calvin Johnson over Dez in a heartbeat. After that I'm not sure, Dez is a lot younger than Fritz and Andre Johnson, so I'm not taking them. Yes I know he's younger than Calvin, but Calvin is a beast. Demaryius Thomas comes to mind, but Manning can make any receiver look good. J Jones in Atlanta is a beast and so is Roddy White although White has been injury prone this year. AJ Green is another I might consider, he's a beast as well. Not really sure outside of Calvin Johnson, but that is an interesting question.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what changed for you?
last night?

Dez remains as talented as anyone but hardly the best at his craft

I think Dez has more talent at the wide receiver spot than anyone not named Calvin Johnson. I just don't know if he has the mental capacity to put that talent to good use. One thing that does hurt Dez is, he is the only receiver on this team that scares anyone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him catch one pass last night and if Romo doesnt bring him to the slot on that play he probably doesnt catch a pass. I have no questions about his red zone abilities. I would rank him number 2 inside the 15. Im just starting to believe he is really overrated. Maybe its all Romos fault and he doesnt throw him the ball. I see AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, , and the list can go on get theres no matter who the other WR is or who the QB is throwing it. He is on pace to catch 80 balls which is good , but as much as we throw it and as good as he supposedly is shouldnt he catch 100 to 110. I just think there is some trouble with his route running or something else. He doesnt get open like those other guys and I know they are getting doubled as well. Miles Austin is starting to look like a huge key to this offense .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez has more talent at the wide receiver spot than anyone not named Calvin Johnson. I just don't know if he has the mental capacity to put that talent to good use. One thing that does hurt Dez is, he is the only receiver on this team that scares anyone.

The scare part is exactly right.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him catch one pass last night and if Romo doesnt bring him to the slot on that play he probably doesnt catch a pass. I have no questions about his red zone abilities. I would rank him number 2 inside the 15. Im just starting to believe he is really overrated. Maybe its all Romos fault and he doesnt throw him the ball. I see AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, , and the list can go on get theres no matter who the other WR is or who the QB is throwing it. He is on pace to catch 80 balls which is good , but as much as we throw it and as good as he supposedly is shouldnt he catch 100 to 110. I just think there is some trouble with his route running or something else. He doesnt get open like those other guys and I know they are getting doubled as well. Miles Austin is starting to look like a huge key to this offense .

Like I said, he acts like he doesn't have the mental capacity to put his skills to good use. I think he has more talent than those guys not named Calvin, but isn't very smart.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, and possibly A.J. Green over Dez.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as we know our defense is, the Saints last night were playing with their 3rd 4rth and 5th safeties. There defense isnt exactly filled with big named stars either.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are probably right- Overreaction Monday for me too I guess. Just totally disgusted with the offense right now. I still think Miles will be a huge addition.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson - because he's the best WR since Jerry Rice, imo. He's a lot more physically gifted than Rice, and makes circus catches on a regular basis. No one can cover him, and most of the time two people can't cover him.

Julio Jones - at this point. He was the best WR in the league before he went down, and has been roaming around the top for a couple years. For those who may make the Matt Ryan argument.. What has he done with the rest of the scrubs in Atlanta. Julio cannot be overlooked. I'd probably take him over Jolly Green Bryant at this time.

Other than that, there's a couple close one's imo: AJ Green comes to mind, and is close but that's (I guess) where the homerism takes over. Guys like Jordy and Wes are up on my list as well, consistently putting up numbers but they have (and have had) QB's who make anyone look good. Which brings me to the D Thomas debate.. No thanks. If he didn't have Peyton throwing him the ball, half of us wouldn't know who in the hell he is imo. Cruz (as much as it pains me) Marshall, VJax, Andre, and Fitz are also HM's among others but to sum it up. I've got Dez rated 3rd in the league, behind a guy who's been on IR since week 5. He's got the make-up, ability and want to but he can't throw himself the ball consistently or otherwise. -- No this is not the start of a Romo-bashing fest -- but if it quacks like a duck and throws 128 yards like a duck... (lol)

I'm not into pointing fingers just yet, it's a terrible team effort and has been for most of the year starting with the week two loss to KC. Unacceptable.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Please be as honest as you can right here. I know bias weighs in - but how many WRs would you take in this league over Dez???? Dont let the on the sideline behavior or off the field behavior skew your opinion. Before the season I would have taken Calvin Johnson over him and thats it. Im not sure that is the case now.

Calvin Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Julio Jones. If age was not a factor, I would probably also take Andre Johnson over him. I may also take Demaryious Thomas over him.

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take any receiver in the league over Dez right now. Calvin is older than Dez so thats why I wouldn't take him. The problem is Romo predetermines where he's going based off what the defense is showing. Matt Stafford doesn't give a shit if Calvin is trippled team or not he's gonna throw it up regardless.

Plus Dez gives you the punt return game that the other receivers don't. I just like Dez's dog like mentality that he has. He makes a catch a starts barking at the other team like yeah I'm gonna kick your ass all day. For too many years we had a bunch of choir boys on this team. I like the attitude that Dez brings to the team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his attitude as well. I like everything about him. I just think the poster that said mental capacity is on to something. It was just wierd watching him last night when Romo told him to switch places with Beasley. It was like he thought he was going to get in trouble or something. It was kind of wierd that both players ran pretty much the same pattern too on the play.I almost think he would be better if he just played backyard football and Romo tell him just run around and get open. When he runs a route its like he is counting his steps and slow coming out of breaks or something. Just get him the damn ball. Im ready for Romo the Gunslinger again. Screw this ball protection crap. We have to be be in the top 5 in turnover differential. We are 5-5. 21 TDs 6 INTs look great on paper , but we need him to be more aggressive.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a huge Dez fan and Romo....I'm hating Romo right now. Just thought I'd put that in there. Right now there or maybe 4 guys I take over Dez. Without Doubt it would be Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green. The guys my maybes are Julio Jones, D. Thomas (Broncos) and If Marshall was younger and more stable. I'm not an Andre Johnson fan but if he was 5yrs younger maybe I take him too. So at worse Dez is a top 5-7 wr IMHO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you hating Romo?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hating the whole damn offense right now. Romo threw 6 passes in the first 28 minutes of the game last night. Im sick of hearing about this so called running game. Sure we ran the ball well one drive , but after that nothing. Its time to get playmakers involved early. It is just a matter of time before Dez blows his stack again. I sensed it coming last night. This has to get fixed. I dont care if we throw it 70 times a game. Just freaking win. If Dez is in the top 5 like many believe , he needs more than 2 targets a game. Thats a joke. His first game he ever played they threw it to him 7 times in the flat that wasnt even a screen pass just to see him in the open field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are down on Dez after last night? Romo couldn't have done anything with Calvin last night, but you deflect to the WRs. As bad as our defense was, we hang in that game if Romo wasn't horrible. Run game was working good early. We had a few 3rd and shorts and we shit the bed. We still get an early lead and then nothing. Romo better start playing better or it matters not who the WRs are...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im down on the whole offense. As far as the WRs , yes they arent open. Beasley nor Williams can beat one on one coverage. Williams is a body catcher meaning it has to be a perfect throw. Dez was basically a decoy last night or simply not trying. We ran good one possession. We couldnt even run against a dime defense at the end of the game. Im not deflecting anything from Romo- he was as bad as anyone not named Heath , Simms, Webb, or Carter last night.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure you are one of the ones that wanted him to be more careful with the football. Well guess what - 21 /6 TD/INT ratio. I think he has fumbled once. If I gave you those numbers at the beginning of the year and said this is what Romo will have done after 10 games- you would have taken it. We could have had Montana and Rice last night and still been blown out.