• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Josh Gordon

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Gordon over Mixon, no contest. I'll take a non-violent drug offender over someone who broke a girl's jaw. Any day of the week. Also, Gordon is more talented than Mixon.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, you seek any opportunities to disrespect the Eagles. Why don't you stay on your favorite team's forum?

This conversation has been 100% on Josh Gordon and the Browns. Nothing to do with that other team.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By comparison Mixon is only documented to be one time stupid. One time stupid I take a chance. 6 times stupid...no thank you.

Hitting someone that's probably close to 100 pounds lighter than you so hard that you break the person's jaw is not "stupid." That term doesn't do it justice. Thanks for playing though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, though. Are the Eagles really going to sign Gordon after they brought in Alshon and Torrey Smith?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting someone that's probably close to 100 pounds lighter than you so hard that you break the person's jaw is not "stupid." That term doesn't do it justice. Thanks for playing though.

Not comparing the offense, more comparing the ability to learn from one's mistakes. Randy Moss in college has worse offenses than Joe Mixon, but he learned from his mistakes and had a productive career. Mixon has that potential. Gordon though, after six offenses, has shown no ability to learn from his experiences.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. My reason is that if the Browns can come out of the dumpster at some point, my Thanksgiving dinners may be enjoyable with my in-laws who are die hard Brownie fans. It's non stop punishment for me to hear how fucked up the management and ownership is every year. It's worse than listening to the same song over and over on the radio.:gaah:

So you mean worst than listing to the radio.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comparing the offense, more comparing the ability to learn from one's mistakes. Randy Moss in college has worse offenses than Joe Mixon, but he learned from his mistakes and had a productive career. Mixon has that potential. Gordon though, after six offenses, has shown no ability to learn from his experiences.

Randy Moss "in college had worse offenses than Joe Mixon." Please elaborate.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Mixon and he runs for 1600 yards and 15 TD's as a rookie there ain't going to be one Eagle fan out there worrying about the punch ... lol

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy smoked some weed. that's all. He didn't have any other issues that I'm aware of.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss "in college had worse offenses than Joe Mixon." Please elaborate.

convicted and served jail time and added in a drug offense per Wikipedia.....

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized.[13] On March 23, 1995, Moss had backed a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had allegedly used racist comments towards Randy's friend.[12] Moss was initially charged with a felony for kicking the student, but it was later reduced to a misdemeanor. On August 1, 1995, Moss pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars at the South Central Regional Jail in Charleston, West Virginia. He served 3 days in jail starting that night and would be required to serve the remaining 27 days within the following 18 months, after he completed his freshman year in college.[14] Moss was expelled from DuPont and completed his education at Cabell Alternative School.[13]

Notre Dame subsequently denied his enrollment application, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[15]

Freshman (redshirt) (1995)[edit]
Because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student to Florida State,[13] so he had to redshirt the 1995 football season.[15]

Freshman season (1996)[edit]
In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[15]

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, though. Are the Eagles really going to sign Gordon after they brought in Alshon and Torrey Smith?

Why not? I thought it was a good thing to have more options for your QB. The risk on our end would be extremely low. If he doesn't pan out you walk away. But if we catch lightning in a bottle, watch out.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon would be signed to a minimum base, incentive type contract. If he has a good, full year and tests negative all year he makes a certain amount plus performance incentives. You can structure it as such that he makes good money if he stays drug free and produces "or" only counts as a minimum base deal if he goes off track.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Rey said. My point is it would only be beneficial to be one of the first teams to reach out to him, he would have as good an opportunity in Philly as anywhere else to get himself back on track.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
convicted and served jail time and added in a drug offense per Wikipedia.....

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized.[13] On March 23, 1995, Moss had backed a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had allegedly used racist comments towards Randy's friend.[12] Moss was initially charged with a felony for kicking the student, but it was later reduced to a misdemeanor. On August 1, 1995, Moss pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars at the South Central Regional Jail in Charleston, West Virginia. He served 3 days in jail starting that night and would be required to serve the remaining 27 days within the following 18 months, after he completed his freshman year in college.[14] Moss was expelled from DuPont and completed his education at Cabell Alternative School.[13]

Notre Dame subsequently denied his enrollment application, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[15]

Freshman (redshirt) (1995)[edit]
Because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student to Florida State,[13] so he had to redshirt the 1995 football season.[15]

Freshman season (1996)[edit]
In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.[15]

The battery did not occur in college and we have no clue if it was, in fact, worse than Mixon's incident. The others that actually occurred in college are nonviolent offenses. Stupid as they may be . . . his college record is not worse than Mixon's. Nice try, though. You clearly don't like people who smoke marijuana but you're ok with people who punch virtually defenseless women in the face.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Mixon and he runs for 1600 yards and 15 TD's as a rookie there ain't going to be one Eagle fan out there worrying about the punch ... lol

Disagree. Some things are bigger than football. Actually, many, many, many things are more important than football. But I'm sure if he were to perform well that there would be plenty of people who use it to rationalize having him on the team. The only way I'd be ok with Mixon being on the team is if he admits wrongdoing, takes major steps to turn his life around, and does some community service to make up for his prior bad act.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battery did not occur in college and we have no clue if it was, in fact, worse than Mixon's incident. The others that actually occurred in college are nonviolent offenses. Stupid as they may be . . . his college record is not worse than Mixon's. Nice try, though. You clearly don't like people who smoke marijuana but you're ok with people who punch virtually defenseless women in the face.

Well okay, it was high school rather than college, but it was definitely violence, and he was sentenced and did Jail time for two counts....something Mixon never did. He followed that up with a drug offense and the combination of the two offenses got his Notre Dame scholarship and his Florida State scholarship revoked.

So both Mixon and Moss were charged with Assault. Moss with two counts and 30 days jail time. Mixon with one count and a deferred sentence. based on sentencing alone, that seems like Moss got more counts and more charges than Mixon. Add in the drug charge and it seems like Moss's record is clearly worse.

Again you are ignoring my primary point. Do something 6 times over after being suspended is an indicator to me that you don't learn from experience. A guy with one or two counts (like Moss) has shown they can turn their life around.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon to be released. Dude looks like he's been putting in work to get ready once reinstated.
17523240_1324855264273514_6819544363148470191_n.jpg

I doubt it. He'd be a throw-in in any deal in which Cleveland wanted to move up in the draft.
i.e. If you were Buffalo and Cleveland said we'll give you the 12th, a fourth would you be inclined to take it? How about the same plus Gordon?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Some things are bigger than football. Actually, many, many, many things are more important than football. But I'm sure if he were to perform well that there would be plenty of people who use it to rationalize having him on the team. The only way I'd be ok with Mixon being on the team is if he admits wrongdoing, takes major steps to turn his life around, and does some community service to make up for his prior bad act.

KC rookie Tyreek Hill punched his "pregnant" girlfriend in the stomach then choked her out (way worse than Mixon) ... after a great rookie season you rarely ever hear the incident come up. I'm not saying it's right ... but it's just the way it is.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC rookie Tyreek Hill punched his "pregnant" girlfriend in the stomach then choked her out (way worse than Mixon) ... after a great rookie season you rarely ever hear the incident come up. I'm not saying it's right ... but it's just the way it is.

Agreed. He was probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder based on talent/performance but fell pretty significantly because of that situation. I'm glad he isn't on the Eagles.

By the way, if that account had been caught on video -- he'd probably be completely blackballed by the league.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's what we're hoping for.