• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR at 17 the Case for that pick

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes drafting him early dicey. You would have to have some serious discussions with him. He is one angry instance from gone for good. Ask Ray Rice.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd seems rich to me. Theres still talk of him going undrafted. Plus he seems like an ahole. Im very torn on him.

Fair enough, but to take the risk in missing out at the chance to get him seems a bit too risky to me. If he, as you say the speculation is goes undrafted, whoever takes the chance on him almost automatically gets a "A+" grade in the draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why isn't he a projected 1st round pick?

Because of the off field incident when he was 18 years old. If not for that he would be the first or second name mentioned as a 1st rounder with Fournette.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the off field incident when he was 18 years old. If not for that he would be the first or second name mentioned as a 1st rounder with Fournette.

A lot of guys have off field baggage coming into the draft. Randy Moss and Warren Sapp come to mind. They still went first round.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at 18 he made a mistake , a big one , he will pay even more but losing money

and if that girl called him an n word then it maybe isnt as bad

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE="deanpet21, post: 9682823, member: 5860"]A lot of guys have off field baggage coming into the draft. Randy Moss and Warren Sapp come to mind. They still went first round.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but there is a greater awareness, sensitivity, and reactionary handling of such incidents between now and then, ( see: Ray Rice) and the greater influence of social media has all taken a toll on public relations everywhere.

Last edited:

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have made some very bad decision lately when it comes to drafting players and deciding who will be our Def cord etc. Maybe I have a little of Al Davis in me. Let me explain. First screw up is picking Joe Barry over Wade Phillips.
Next 2015 draft we passed on Leonard Williams for BRANDON SCHERFF. Now we coulda had Scherff and La el Collins, at least a 7rd. But our Skins said no!!!!! we don't need Collins he has character issues of what ever. Now mind you leading up to the 2015 draft Collins had no a criminal past None!!!! Near the 2015 draft day he is allegedly tied to the killing of his GF but he is not a suspect. After the draft these Boys watched what unfolded and sure enough they saw he did nothing wrong. Going forward quickly Collins opening the season as a reserve offensive guard in 2015. He saw alot of playing time in the second game as part of the rotation that replaced an injured Ronald Leary and was later declared the starter for the third game. He eventually passed Leary on the depth chart and was promoted as the starter at left guard. In 2016, he began the season as the starter at left guard over Leary, but suffered a torn ligament in his right big toe. He is expected to return to his starting job in 2017 and Leary in now expendable and some of you have your eyes on Leary during this upcoming FA season. Are you guys with me.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now here we are in 2017 with a similar situation with a draft prospect'

Let me say this first I know all NFL teams evaluate these prospects. Sometimes young players do things off the field that will hamper their ability to play football and it makes sense for NFL teams to be concerned about these things. Rightfully so. Sometimes they do stupid things. Sometimes these things aren't things at all and this is were La el, Joe Mixon and many other fall in this category.Now I now every team atleast should have some sense to evaluate all of these situations. Whether a player has a criminal background leading up to these unfortunate events. Try to put your self the players shoes and understand the situation and how did it occur. What kind of talent is the prospect. Is he average, Ok a bonafide player.

As all of you know Joe is a bonifade player. He is a every down and can play WR. I am talking a RB who can do some serious damage at the WR position. Every one has seen his videos.

I post this ? Before and no one replied. So I will ask again. If you just turned 18 have an argument, the individual call you something that rhymes with trigger. You going to get that look, you know that look, that says you beta watch it. Then that person proceeds to bitch slap your ass a real good one!!!!! What would you do.

For me it does not matter if the person is male, female, gay. Transgender etc "It is on". Bottom line if you hit a man expect to get hit in return. Unfortunately in to days world of hypocrisy, you will be tagged as a violent thug, dangerous person, undraftable so forth.Joe may go undrafted. If I am the GM for the SKINS there is no way I am going to repeat the La el Collin debacle again. Yes I would consider drafting him in the 2nd round on down.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can not monday morning qb the draft lol

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now here we are in 2017 with a similar situation with a draft prospect'

Let me say this first I know all NFL teams evaluate these prospects. Sometimes young players do things off the field that will hamper their ability to play football and it makes sense for NFL teams to be concerned about these things. Rightfully so. Sometimes they do stupid things. Sometimes these things aren't things at all and this is were La el, Joe Mixon and many other fall in this category.Now I now every team atleast should have some sense to evaluate all of these situations. Whether a player has a criminal background leading up to these unfortunate events. Try to put your self the players shoes and understand the situation and how did it occur. What kind of talent is the prospect. Is he average, Ok a bonafide player.

As all of you know Joe is a bonifade player. He is a every down and can play WR. I am talking a RB who can do some serious damage at the WR position. Every one has seen his videos.

I post this ? Before and no one replied. So I will ask again. If you just turned 18 have an argument, the individual call you something that rhymes with trigger. You going to get that look, you know that look, that says you beta watch it. Then that person proceeds to bitch slap your ass a real good one!!!!! What would you do.

For me it does not matter if the person is male, female, gay. Transgender etc "It is on". Bottom line if you hit a man expect to get hit in return. Unfortunately in to days world of hypocrisy, you will be tagged as a violent thug, dangerous person, undraftable so forth.Joe may go undrafted. If I am the GM for the SKINS there is no way I am going to repeat the La el Collin debacle again. Yes I would consider drafting him in the 2nd round on down.

You and I have exchanged words on Mixon, you know where I stand on the young man and we are in agreement about his actions off field and subsequent responses to make amends. Dude is for real as a player. I'm hoping that he doesn't go undrafted but to us sometime after the 1st round. Any team getting him, will realize right away what an absolute steal they've gotten. BTW: In the same circumstance, when I was 18, my reaction would have been far more serious than his was because much like others who've transitioned from the "life" to the one that I have, F'king somebody up was the norm.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette = future bust. No vision and poor feet.

I like Fournette, and believe that he will make his mark in the NFL. Unfortunately, the team that he ends up on will need a 3rd down guy to spell him. I'm not sure about his blocking abilities. If you have something on that ....share the link! Thanks!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I did. Lsu just doesn't throw much.

Yeah I know, I did get to watch a few of their games and remember them taking him out on passing downs. He might still have that blocking gene in him though, but I'm curious about what's convinced you to believe that he's going to be a bust? Feet and vision? I don't see that.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spent a first on a WR and a 3rd on a RB in the last few drafts, we have one of the worst defenses we have ever seen here and now we are discussing using our first round pick on RB or WR because they remain needs.

Fuck me.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuel to the fire alshon jefferys will not receive franchise tag so he is a free agent so if you dont like a wr at 17 and can not resign garcon and djax do you sign wr jefferys .. doctson jefferys crowder. reeeed and maybe a mid rd wr draft pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch a bit more. Watch him against Bama both times.

Doesn't he constantly face 8 or 9 man fronts? I think he is going to run a bad 40 time at the combine and that will scare teams. I think he is going to be there at #17.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a WR at 17 is using our pick wisely. Doc hasn't so much as played a down. He should be back healthy. There are other good WRs that could be gotten 2nd or 3rd. Isaiah Ford VT (insert homer joke) would be a 1st rounder if he was a shade faster. He is a Garçon clone. There are plenty like that, just have to find them.

RB is a reach at 17, but if Cook or Fournette is there you have to consider it. I, like many of you, would love to roll the dice on Mixon in the 3rd or 4th.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really didn't want to start posting again until Cousins is tagged because of stop gap threads like this.
Now Coach_Spurrier this is nothing against you personally -- but yes -- If Cousins is franchise tagged and not traded, if DJAX and Garcon aren't brought back, and if we don't go after one of the top FA WR, then yes WR at 17 is almost going to happen. But even then, that's assuming ross or davis are there.

A lot of these threads will be irrelevant once we get our QB situation settled.
I do think Kupp and Smith-Schutter will have a 1st round impact like Michael Thomas did for the Saints,
they are likely going to fall simply due to 40 times. they should be there in the 2nd