• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow the Wheel is come off in Seattle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks been too the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years, won the NFC twice and a Superbowl champion. Let's compare everyone elses team results and then let's talk.:nod:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wheels didn't come off. They had a great couple of draft classes, including a good QB that didn't have to be paid yet. They were in the playoffs several years, 2 superbowls and won one. Then they had to start playing their players which is the salary cap era makes things incredibly more difficult. Once you start paying guys like Bennett they're going to do things like read in meetings because you can't do anything to them without getting killed by cap issues.
Unless you have a Brady willing to play for less and coach/talent elevator like ole Hoody, Seattle's run was about as good as it's going to get.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks been too the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years, won the NFC twice and a Superbowl champion. Let's compare everyone elses team results and then let's talk.:nod:
So it's 8 years now? I always get confused how far back we can go and it still counts. Probably be 9 next year? Personally I like to use 40 years. I'm sure Philly wins will just go with one.

But, forwards is all that matters. It's 2018. The past is the past no matter how far back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's 8 years now? I always get confused how far back we can go and it still counts. Probably be 9 next year? Personally I like to use 40 years. I'm sure Philly wins will just go with one.

But, forwards is all that matters. It's 2018. The past is the past no matter how far back.

Just giving Carroll’s record with the Seahawks, which is pretty good. Yet you got posters here claiming he can’t coach.
I know with the Eagles winning the SB, some Cowboys fans are sensitive about talk of history and what have they done lately. It was bad enough when the Giants won it. You still got one on the Redskins. God help you if they win a SuperBowl before the Cowboys.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked!

Michael Bennett can read?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ffs, you can criticize Bennett for all kinds of stuff, but being stupid isn't really one of them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now! They're my 32nd favourite team. Far be it from me to dis them.
You don't fool me Hank. Your like the little kid who pulls the pigtails of the girl he has a thing for. You got a crush on the Seahawks especially the wee one. It's obvious.:nod:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ffs, you can criticize Bennett for all kinds of stuff, but being stupid isn't really one of them.
IDK chf you can be smart in some ways, but dense in other ways. Think that's the case with Bennett. He think's he's just criticizing Pete, but doesn't realize how bad he made himself look. That's not smart.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I'm getting at,
I mean these former players act like they never accomplished anything in Seattle,
so what the old man tells the same story over and over, show some damn respect cause he did for them

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm getting at,
I mean these former players act like they never accomplished anything in Seattle,
so what the old man tells the same story over and over, show some damn respect cause he did for them

Seahawks had to let go of old expensive players, said players are upset. Nothing really to surprising.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach is somewhat rinse and repeat. Sherman and Bennett whine about him telling the same stories. Well they've been there for a while, what'd they expect? There are rookies, free agents, and young guys who haven't heard it... you're getting paid millions, so show a little respect and leadership for the new guys and while you can tune out the same ol' sayings, do it with some class? I hear the same ol' stories from executives, CFO, CEO as they talk to new joiners and junior people in meetings. If I sat there and read a book or fell asleep, my ass is fired.

This moreso tells me the wheels weren't coming off in Seattle but both Sherman/Bennett were whiny crybabies and locker room problems that let the ego get to their head. Bennett is 33 regardless and routinely has the most snaps of any D-Lineman and Sherman is coming off an ACL. Take em'.

And in before some cocky Eagles fans says, "Oh yah now that he's gone you say that!" MOST Seahawks fans on this board and ones that understand salary/cap and locker room issues, really didn't expect either of these guys to be around this year and after Bennett intentionally trying to injure that Center in the final game or whatever, most wanted him gone. If you dig deep enough post wise, you'll find me saying that. The paraplegic thing and now this is icing on the cake.

Sherman was the same bitter way and then whined about Seattle not even offering to negotiate, when even his $6.5M in San Fran would've been too much, so what was the point in wasting time meeting between the two parties? That's why nobody traded for Sherman... because the release was inevitable. Sherman is a communications major and says knowledgeable football things (I agree a lot of his views on football) but he's not a business/finance/law major, so his statement is fairly ignorant on that one.

Last edited:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just giving Carroll’s record with the Seahawks, which is pretty good. Yet you got posters here claiming he can’t coach.
I know with the Eagles winning the SB, some Cowboys fans are sensitive about talk of history and what have they done lately. It was bad enough when the Giants won it. You still got one on the Redskins. God help you if they win a SuperBowl before the Cowboys.

:hope::hope::hope:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks had to let go of old expensive players, said players are upset. Nothing really to surprising.

They missed going 12-4 last season because of missed FGs.
Even if they made the playoffs, they did not look as good as the best 2 NFC teams in the 2018 playoffs. It was time to blow the thing up.

Hopefully protecting Wilson is a top priority.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed going 12-4 last season because of missed FGs.
Even if they made the playoffs, they did not look as good as the best 2 NFC teams in the 2018 playoffs. It was time to blow the thing up.

Hopefully protecting Wilson is a top priority.

Mmmm... I'd say 11-5 for sure... given they lost against the Skins 17-14 with essentially 3 chip shot field goals. I think that last one Walsh missed for the win was like a 50 yarder. Those aren't always automatic, but yah.. he blew some XPs too that caused us to go for TDs instead of field goals, lol. What a disaster Walsh was. You usually don't think about not resigning a kicker as one of the bigger blunders by your coaching staff, but last year it sure as fuck was.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm... I'd say 11-5 for sure... given they lost against the Skins 17-14 with essentially 3 chip shot field goals. I think that last one Walsh missed for the win was like a 50 yarder. Those aren't always automatic, but yah.. he blew some XPs too that caused us to go for TDs instead of field goals, lol. What a disaster Walsh was. You usually don't think about not resigning a kicker as one of the bigger blunders by your coaching staff, but last year it sure as fuck was.

Walsh's choke against the Seahawks in the playoffs a couple of years ago should have been a forewarning.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you but I'm quite fine with my teams history:nono:

Hey, just think how cocky you'd be if they just handed the friggin ball off:heh: